_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
WWI Movie Campaign?
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2011 - 03:27 PM UTC
Not really keen on the theme but I do admit to having the "Blue Max" on my "must watch anually at a minimum " list. (Forest Gump and Dances with Wolves as well)
Has there ever been a 1/32nd Tiger Moth on the market?? ..............now "moding" that might actually be fun!
For now I'm going to sit in the weeds and see where this idea goes.

Cheers,
Lance
NigelP
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 05:06 AM UTC
I like this idea, and here (to quote JF) is "a bit of fun" ive just knocked up

(if I have done the photo upload properly its a still from "Red Baron" and my version of it)

CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 09:18 AM UTC
Cool Albatros. What aircraft were used in the King Kong movies? and would they be eligible? It seems the first KK movie was made in 1932, if my memory isn't to far off. If not, that is a really cool Albatros.
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 09:19 AM UTC
Love the Gotha also.
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 04:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cool Albatros. What aircraft were used in the King Kong movies? and would they be eligible? It seems the first KK movie was made in 1932, if my memory isn't to far off. If not, that is a really cool Albatros.

Think they are meant to be Boeing F4bs (though there are some things that don't look quite right) Really cool looking plane too!

Agewise, I guess they are eligible... (Checking Wikepedia... – Yup Carl is right – King Kong won best picture of 1932- 33)

Mikael
Rotebaron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jalisco, Mexico
KitMaker: 182 posts
AeroScale: 179 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 - 04:31 AM UTC
Wow!!!!! this could be my first campaign
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 02:56 AM UTC
Since there seems to be an interest in this I will start getting things set up
CaptnTommy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 424 posts
AeroScale: 389 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 03:18 AM UTC
Agewise, I guess they are eligible... (Checking Wikepedia... – Yup Carl is right – King Kong won best picture of 1932- 33)

Mikael[/quote]

They were Curtiss Helldivers (the first version) same as in the new KK, Sir Peter made a specific and outstanding effort to get the remade death scene correct.
Thus for this contest out of date.
Captn Tommy
CaptnTommy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 424 posts
AeroScale: 389 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 03:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not really keen on the theme but I do admit to having the "Blue Max" on my "must watch anually at a minimum " list. (Forest Gump and Dances with Wolves as well)
Has there ever been a 1/32nd Tiger Moth on the market?? ..............now "moding" that might actually be fun!

Cheers,
Lance

Matchbox (1980s) or Revell Ger. 2006/7 are the same 1/32... Matchbox has floats. I was thinking Lawrence of Arabia Turkish "Albatros" Google Image has pictures.

Captn Tommy
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers,
Lance

Matchbox (1980s) or Revell Ger. 2006/7 are the same 1/32... Matchbox has floats. I was thinking Lawrence of Arabia Turkish "Albatros" Google Image has pictures.

Captn Tommy

Wondering if they are still available....little time on Google to follow. Checking it out is in order. Still not totally buying in to this one however can't imagine life without the pleasures I've discovered in being part of a Group Build/Campaign in the past year.
Like most things in life, one always wishes they'd discovered some wonderful thing much sooner!
Cheers,
Lance
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 05:59 AM UTC
Just thought I'd regenerate this topic as the end date of KoTS fast approaches.
Terri's idea on a "Movies" theme is unique and would generate a lot of fun however the topic seems to have stalled out. Are we going that way or do we still need a theme?
Should there not be consensus or sufficient support for any specific theme might I suggest a KoTS 11 theme, open to all scales/mediums/topics as an interim fix?
Just thinking out loud is all.............. and definitely keen on participating in another Campaign.

Cheers,
Lance
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 06:25 AM UTC
I already have the decal designs ready for a white S.E.5a from Hell's Angels- with a gauntlet holding a dog wearing a spiked helmet. I'd have a better than average chance of completing this campaign if it were to go ahead. I'm planning on doing the S.E.5a in 1/72, but if this goes ahead, and someone wants the design, they could be used for any scale.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 04:57 AM UTC
Hi guy's , the idea is still there but there has to be more of an interest in this before I can post it up in the campaign thread for sizn up and approval . I was also planning on expanding this idea to include all movies and not just WW1 which might get more folks involved .

Hopefully with the winter months setting in more folks will have free time for building once again and the interest will spark up .

Terri
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 - 04:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guy's , the idea is still there but there has to be more of an interest in this before I can post it up in the campaign thread for sizn up and approval . I was also planning on expanding this idea to include all movies and not just WW1 which might get more folks involved .

Hopefully with the winter months setting in more folks will have free time for building once again and the interest will spark up .

Terri

Terri,
My vote would be keep it to the Early Aviation period. The seasonal "lull" in enthusiam is no doubt the big reason for the limited response. Bet you a beer that once KoTS winds down and were in the depth of the cold season folks will come out of the woodwork! I personally would miss the excitement and volume of activity generated by an organised campaign.
Keep plugging away at it.

Cheers,
Lance
 _GOTOTOP