_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Roden 1:32 Sopwith Triplane
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I always love what you do with the small scratchbuilt pieces. You are a Brass Master. Those things reall add to the overall affect of the build. You obviously have another masterpiece in this build. Great job and thanks for sharing.

I couldn't have said it better. Great work Des and like Terri, I am looking forward to seeing the completed build. I really like your color scheme choice, a nice departure from PC-10, really looks nice.

Best and a Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you as well
Mark
wombat58
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 366 posts
AeroScale: 309 posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 - 11:10 AM UTC
Thanks Terri, Carl and Mark for your very kind words, they are much appreciated.

Mark - The reason I chose the prototype scheme was to get away from the usual PC10 finish, my display was looking a little drab with most of the RFC models all looking pretty much the same as far as colour goes., this one certainly stands out in the crowd.

Des.

www.ww1aircraftmodels.com
wombat58
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 04:48 PM UTC
I would like to thank all those who looked at my build and all those who left wonderful comments.
Here are photos of the completed model. Roden needs to be congratulated for producing a very nice, easy to build kit. The fit of parts is excellent and no major problems were encountered during the build. This model lends itself to super detailing but if built OOB it still makes up to be a good looking model. I presume there will be PE sets available soon for this kit which will enhance the overall appearance.

Des.

http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com

wombat58
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 04:51 PM UTC

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 05:16 PM UTC
Nicely done Des!

Considering the terrible amount of pain you have recently gone through I consider this work more than impressive. Model On good fellow Please!
adrianu
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Guatemala
KitMaker: 41 posts
AeroScale: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 - 07:28 AM UTC

That’s the little gem comparing with the wonderful and big universe.

Congratulations!!

And in these part away from your country (Guatemala) , I feel with you in any kind of success. Regards.

Adrian

_GOTOTOP