_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
KotS GB 2011 Albatros D.V warreni
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 - 09:53 AM UTC
Ever woken up and realised that you made a large booboo with a model kit the day before?
Yep, it happened to me this morning.. I realised I have not installed the rigging on the upper wing before I attached it to the rest of the model. That is going to slow the rigging down somewhat.. luckily the Albie's rigging is pretty simple. And I think it may need it as it is pretty wobbly sitting on its wheels.
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 06:20 PM UTC
Well, I am calling this one finished. Just so you know after I had a look at these photos I went back and misted on a few more coats of matt to tone down the gloss of those upper crosses.. They didn't look anywhere near as shiny except in the pictures. And I trimmed that wire you can see the end of in the third photo..
The undercarriage is still a bit wobbly even after bracing with rigging, so I suppose that is just the way it is going to be.
Only had one wire let go while rigging, one of the undercarriage wires. I have no idea why it did but at least it wasn't three like the F.2B..

So there you have it, my second completed WW1 subject for KotS. The Roden Fokker is approaching the finish of decalling, and I am just about to start the cockpit of my RFC Pup.
Good luck and happy modelling to all those still building their entries and thanks for looking.
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 11:41 PM UTC
Wow  – a very good looking and fast build Warren – congratulations on finishing her!

All the best with the Pup

Mikael
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 11:56 PM UTC
Thanks for that Mikael. That was a bit slow for one of my builds as I had lots of reworking to do on the fuselage.
 _GOTOTOP