_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
KotS GB 2011 SPAD VII warreni
wing_nut
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,212 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 01:40 AM UTC
1 day and 2 completions. Does that mean you are going to start 3 more tomorrow?

Complicated rigging? You're not kidding. Bu the recovery was good and it all paid off ion the end.

I would dearly like to see WNW put there hands to one of these.

Not long before made the announcement of the forthcoming kits I was chatting with Dave from WNW and he said there wasn't any current plan for a Spad. The news of the 8 kits they are working gave me the impression that it will be a while before they get to one. i would like to have seen that at the head of the list.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 02:52 AM UTC
You pulled this build off really well Warren , rigging looks good as well !
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 05:21 AM UTC
Warren,
Nice recovery, great "work-arounds, and beautiful results. I have to ask, with your incredible productivity where do you reside and carry out all the standard things in life (eating, sleeping etc. etc.) as I imagine Chez Warreni's as a wall to wall display and storage residence!

Cheers,
Lance
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 09:20 AM UTC
@ Marc, I suppose we can keep hoping. A good challenge may be to get the Part of Poland PE set and do the later SPAD release using it and the rest of my Pheon Decals.

@ Terri, thank you.

@ Lance, I still have lots of room Lance.. I am lucky and have a 5 bedroom house, with one of the bedrooms as a hobby room. Unfortunately, output has tapered off dramatically since I found work again. Working 8 0 5 is a long day, then there are the hour long commutes either side.. Oh well, need to work so I can buy my kits..
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 11:00 AM UTC
Just a quick note to say thank you to Roden for sending me the parts I requested for my SPAD. I did offer to pay but they sent me the parts for free, even though it wasn't any of their fault that the struts got broken. It is a big thank you to Roden for that.
Also, someone from the Aerodrome sent me much of the PE from Part of Poland for the SPAD so I could make replacement struts for mine. I am sorry but I can't remember the name of the kind benefactor but I think I should build another SPAD and use all the parts that have been kindly donated to rebuild mine. So does anyone out there have a partial SPAD kit they don't need anymore??
 _GOTOTOP