_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
"Show your Teeth!" Campaign... Sign Up NOW!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 04:43 AM UTC
Hi there

I've scanned the missing instruments decal from sheet #3431 and e-mailed it to Mal and Jean-Luc. if anybody else spots the same problem and wants a copy, just contact me.

All the best

Rowan

P.S. - I think Mal secretly wants me to build the Halifax; he must know the more he says there's no chance I'll build it, the more it's definitely going to happen! I hope he likes the taste of cotton... :-)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 12:09 AM UTC
Thanks for the scan Rowan, looks good.

Who says my shorts are cotton? I'm soooooooo confident that you will not finish the FM Halifax that I am contemplating (contemplating) upgrading to eating my Army long johns. That would be like upgrading from a single pizza at Pizza Hut, to eating the whole hut :-)
FM Halifax...................................No chance, my shorts (or long johns) are safe :-)
Mal
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 - 10:04 AM UTC
Well this sort of leaves me out in the cold. But at least my shorts are safe...I go commando.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 - 02:56 PM UTC
Damn, is it to late to say that I go commando .............. Na!..................me shorts, or long johns are perfectly safe. I have been looking up Jamie Olivers cook books to find a decent recipe, just in case, but I know I aint gonna have to use it :-)
I have made some progres on my B-25 Air Apache, just following the instructions, doing the interior sub-assemblies. I hope to have my spray both, finally, up and running this afternoon and, with a bit of luck, spray the interior of my B-25 Sunday, or early next week
I intend to do an online build, so I won't post pics in the normal way. I'm also going to try something different. The build will be on the IPMS ArmoramaUK site as a sort of blog, really just a feature article that's updated. I'm also planning to use the painting of this model to try and show my "new" pre-shading technique so I can, finally, finish my article on that
Mal
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 - 10:32 PM UTC
i just signed up to this campaign, i built a P40 just a couple of months ago, so i was after somehing different. i had a mind to build a bf 110 by italeri with a shark nose but that seems to be out of production now. another thing is that after seeing a lot of nice helos here i wanted to build one myself, guess what, i got me the italeri UH-1C kit today with a nice sharkmouth paintjob
GRRRRR!
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 - 11:19 PM UTC
Hi there

The postman arrived yesterday with a nice bundle of goodies I ordered from Eduard. Along with some etched parts for my other builds was this little beauty:

This "limited edition" of the Roland also includes Eduard's WW1 German personnel, so I'll try to build a little vignette.

My first plan for the build was this one:

I'm still intending to build both - but we'll see how I get on... either way, it's looks like being an all-Eduard campaign for me!

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 03:20 AM UTC
Hi Rowan!

I would be happy with only one of them... both would be too much for Mal´s wardrobe! :-)
But if I look closely, the "walfish" doesn´t seems to have teeth in his mouth... so technically speaking it can´t be entered in the Campaign. Of course I said "technically speaking"

Jean-Luc
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 03:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

the "walfish" doesn´t seems to have teeth in his mouth... so technically speaking it can´t be entered in the Campaign.

Careful Jean-Luc...

It might suck you to death! :-) Well, it is an old aircraft... it's probably left it's teeth in a glass by the bed.

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 03:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i just signed up to this campaign, i built a P40 just a couple of months ago, so i was after somehing different. i had a mind to build a bf 110 by italeri with a shark nose but that seems to be out of production now. another thing is that after seeing a lot of nice helos here i wanted to build one myself, guess what, i got me the italeri UH-1C kit today with a nice sharkmouth paintjob
GRRRRR!

Hi Baron!

What!? No Messerschmitt this time!? Well... welcome with your Helo then! At least you won´t be shot down by a Rata! :-)

Jean-Luc
Diablo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 03:53 AM UTC
Rowan,are these kits from eduard a possible build for a rookie aircraft builder.because they look great I thought they only did AM stuff,this is new for me.have to check out there site soon

greetings jeroen,.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 04:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I thought they only did AM stuff, this is new for me.have to check out there site soon

You will be surprised Jeroen!

Quoted Text

it's probably left it's teeth in a glass by the bed.

That´s exactely what I thought! :-)

Jean-Luc
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 04:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rowan,are these kits from eduard a possible build for a rookie aircraft builder.because they look great I thought they only did AM stuff,this is new for me.have to check out there site soon

greetings jeroen,.

Hi Jeroen

Eduard do some excellent plastic kits along with their range of AM accessories. Their early kits were very "short-run" in nature, but over the last couple of years Eduard have definitely caught up with the major manufacturers (and brought in innovations which surpass them in some areas).

Up until recently, they released kits in 2 forms - a "basic" and a "Profi-Pack". The plastic parts are the same, but the Profi-Pack version includes extra resin and etched parts, along with more decal options. Their latest kits now have all the options as standard - in effect, they are all Profi-Pack.

Eduard's WW1 models are probably the easiest to build of any manufacturers ("easy" is a relative term with WW1 models...) - combining great design with parts produced to standards that rival "Tamigawa".

The P-40N above is a re-mould of Mauve's kit, but with a large set of resin and etched parts, so it's not really suitable for a beginner - it'd be a shame not to use all the extras.

Definitely check out Eduard's site - they have a number of discontinued kits (basic and Profi-Pack) at a knock-down price, so it's well-worth dipping a toe in the water with a basic one (just make sure it's one of their more recent releases). Of course, you could always buy one of their more advanced kits in the sale and save it for when you feel confident to tackle it.

I hope this helps

Rowan
Diablo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 05:04 AM UTC
thanks for the info Rowan ,i have used etched parts for some time now[Aber/Voyager] for armor,and use a etchmate for folding.but have no go with resin much yet,but but will try a eduard kit for sure[a recent one] as you say.with all the bells and whistles :-) like to try new things

thanks again ,.greetings jeroen.,
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 05:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i have used etched parts for some time now[Aber/Voyager] for armor,and use a etchmate for folding

Hi again

You should have no problem then!

Go for it!

Rowan
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 06:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"Damn, is it to late to say that I go commando .............. "Mal

Hah! Johnny come lately
josepedro
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Portugal
KitMaker: 172 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 11:53 PM UTC
Hello Jean-Luc!

I´ve signed in, before i noted that was already a modeler planning to build same model...
Is there a problem? Hope not, sounds like a funny group build!

José Pedro
Diablo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 02:05 AM UTC
well i am not jean-luc,but i am sure that you can build what you want,as long as it is flying and has teeth you should be allright Josepedro .so let us see what you are going to build then [i hope i dont get toiletduty fot answering jean-luc's post] :-)

greetings jeroen,.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 02:21 AM UTC
Hi José!

It´s no problem if someone choosed the same kit... even with same markings. We already have almost a complete squadron of P-40s and I hope to add one to the list myself... so build what you want and have fun!

Jean-Luc
Diablo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 02:28 AM UTC
how do you guys get that thingy over the ''e ''cant get it there :-)

greetings jeroen,.
 _GOTOTOP