_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Duel: Polikarpov I-16 vs. Fw 190 A-3
wizard179
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 251 posts
AeroScale: 179 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 01:39 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

Really nice work, I especially like the choice of colour scheme.

A question about the Antenna wire, as it's connected to the sliding canopy, did it go loose when the canopy was open or was it on some type of spool? I have seen models completed in both options and am confused.

Cheers
Wiz
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 02:09 PM UTC
Hi Wiz

Many thanks for your kind comment!

the antenna wire goes around a wheel on the canopy and then into the fuselage (the head rest stand should have a cut where the wire runs through, which I left out). In the fuselage is a mechanism (IIRC spring loaded) like a fishing reel, which rolls up the wire so it is always streched.

Meanwhile i added the wire (with the feared result .. I had to polish and repaint the thing) I omitted the wire inside the canopy, because it is almost not visible and a hole in the ~ 1mm thick plastic hood looks just wrong

The later blown canopies do not have that, so the antennal wents limp when the canopy is opened.

cheers

Steffen
wizard179
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 251 posts
AeroScale: 179 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 02:46 PM UTC
Hi

Thanks for the info. I have a 1/72 FW190 in my stash somewhere and I'll remember to do my research now when I build it. I think its an A-5

Great work again.

Cheers
Wiz
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 11:00 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

Sorry - not being able to be around much, I missed this when you finished the build! Nice job! The Eastern Front scheme looks great - especially the way you've overpainted around the Swastika to give a unit-applied look.

I wish I could claim I was making similarly good progress on my 'A-8, but with my work situation at the moment I doubt I'll be able to do any modelling until the New Year.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 01:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice job! The Eastern Front scheme looks great - especially the way you've overpainted around the Swastika to give a unit-applied look.

Hello Rowan

many thanks for your kind comments! As for the camo: I kept as close as i could to the pix I had

Quoted Text

I wish I could claim I was making similarly good progress on my 'A-8, but with my work situation at the moment I doubt I'll be able to do any modelling until the New Year.

Well I've not much progress either .. too much other stuff to do ... and I do not even have a job.

cheers

Steffen
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 06:45 AM UTC
Hi Steffen:

Congratulations. Your Fw 190 looks great
 _GOTOTOP