_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Duel in the Sky - Official Thread
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 12:10 AM UTC
Hi all!

I thought it was about time that I do an update of the "Duel" table... well, in fact, to tell you the truth, it was more Steffen's (alpha_tango) idea! :-)

To make things less complicated, I only kept the Duels of those who started to build something (red color). Those who are finished are in green and those who didn't started yet are in black.
Apart from the last duel (EDC Vs warlock0322 wich was not updated since August 21st) there are only WW2 aircraft in the list!? And the WW1 projects didn't started at all...
There are six finished models (3 Bf 109s, 2 I-16s and one B-17), but according to the rules of the Campaign, I can only award a ribbon to Grypho and Klimmer so far!? Maybe this will be the Campaign with the smallest amount of awards in the KitMaker Network History! But there are still more than two months to achieve a better score...

Jean-Luc

P.S. Ted (Klimmer), could you shoot a sideview picture (left side) of your B-17 so I can place it in the table? Thanks...
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 12:13 AM UTC
Nice work Jean-Luc and a good idea Steffen....
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 12:16 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

many thanks!!!!! Now I know I have not forgotten a duel :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

cheers

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 12:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Now I know I have not forgotten a duel :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Steffen, maybe we have both forgotten one! :-)
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 12:49 AM UTC
jean-luc, what is the actual finish date? i ought to drop a hint to mal (holdfast) but i'm sure he's up to his neck in things to do for telford, so if he wants to drop out thats no problem for me. if thats so, i'm up for a re-entry if its possible to squeeze in
klimmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 250 posts
AeroScale: 207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 04:06 AM UTC
Hello Jean-Luc,

I was wondering when you would get around to posting this over. I am sure you have been very busy with all the reviews that you have been doing and your own duels.

I will PM you with a shot very soon, I will assume you want the entire LS of the aircraft.

Thanks for another wonderful campain.

I am looking forward to the new campains that have been bantered back and forth for 2007.

Can't wait to sign up and get going.

Ted
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 09:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

jean-luc, what is the actual finish date? i ought to drop a hint to mal (holdfast) but i'm sure he's up to his neck in things to do for telford, so if he wants to drop out thats no problem for me. if thats so, i'm up for a re-entry if its possible to squeeze in

Hi Phil!

End date is December 31.
It's no problem if you can't duel with Mal. A Campaign should be fun and not an obligation. Unfortunately time is limited for everybody. I had to drop out of several Group Builds myself because of limited building time. It's just that it would have been nice to also have WW1 models in this Campaign. After all, aerial duels started in 14-18...
You can still participate and join a "Duel" of two modelers (not three). I would be delighted if you want to join Lampie and me for example.

Quoted Text

I will PM you with a shot very soon, I will assume you want the entire LS of the aircraft.

Hi Ted!

Yes, a left sideview would be cool. You can post the picture here if you want...

Jean-Luc
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 10:29 PM UTC
hi jean-luc! i've pm'ed mal to see what he wants to do, but at time of posting this he's not got back to me. however i do have some more german WW1kits, so if mal has to drop out due to other commitments i'll throw down the guantlet again, and maybe keep a WW1 duel in this campaign
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 11:06 PM UTC
Sorry Jean Luc and Phil, I even nearly forgot to enter the MOM as I have been a bit busy and I've had no time at all to do any building. I have become resolved not to get anything done until after Scale Modelworld. I was/am looking forward to building my Sopwith Camel, but maybe in the new year
Mal
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 11:50 PM UTC
no problem mal- i've actually banned myself from opening any new kits to make sure everything i want to get to telford is finished, and unbelievably i'm managing to stick to it!
however........if anyone wants to jump in with an allied WW1 machine then i challenge them to combat!
klimmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 250 posts
AeroScale: 207 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 06:02 AM UTC
Here you go Jean-Luc.
Pick withever one you think will do the job the best.

I think the top one personally, less clutter, but I will leave the end choice to you.

Again, thanks for running another great campain.

Ted
Clanky44
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
AeroScale: 133 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 08:03 AM UTC
Hello Jean-Luc and Steffen,

I'm back home for four days, (I'm mostly away from home these days) and have a review to do for Vinnie, but should have plenty of time to get my Claude completed for action against Steffen's I-16....

Frank
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 04:47 PM UTC
Hey, wait a minute!!! Where is I? Did I miss something? Where did my duels go?
caanbash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,093 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 04:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey, wait a minute!!! Where is I? Did I miss something? Where did my duels go?

And mine, too? I think there is a problem related to in-progress pictures, right? Jolly and I thought that we were quite free, because our messages in our duel page did not get many replies, in which there has almost been only the dialogue between him and me...

My work is under progress, I almost finished the cockpit, fixed the parts of the rest of the plane. I did not want to post the pictures of an unfinished cockpit. It will be ok tomorrow and I will post the pictures.

As far as I know, Jolly made some progress, too.

Hope there is no problem about our campaign... We were thinking that there was still time...

Regards.
Cagin
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 05:50 PM UTC
Hi Shahin and Yalym
(sorry if I mistyped your names ... I do not know how to replicate the correct letters)

I think Jean-Luc has just missed your duel because it was buried under a lot of other stuff. I bet he will add your duel soon ...

best wishes

Steffen
caanbash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,093 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 06:12 PM UTC
Thanks, Steffen, for the relaxing news. I'll post my cockpit tomorrow

Cagin
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 04:06 AM UTC
Heheh no problem. I didn't post anything for a long time (thus I am guilty, sorry) but worry not buckos! Eye iz workin' on me stuff har har har
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 11:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think Jean-Luc has just missed your duel because it was buried under a lot of other stuff. I bet he will add your duel soon ...

Hi all!

What Steffen said is right. I had to dig out the various Duel threads in the General Aviation forums (sometimes I had to go to page 22!) and I may have missed a couple. If that's the case, I'll include them in the table again as soon as they pop up again...
I will also add the pictures of the finished projects of Klimmer and Wad_ware. I forgot his MOM winning Bf 109 E!

Of course, if I missed someone else, just drop a note here.

Jean-Luc
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 11:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Shahin and Yalym
(sorry if I mistyped your names ... I do not know how to replicate the correct letters)

Hi again Steffen!

To replicate the correct letters, just copy and paste the names from their identification boxes at the left.

Yalım Alatlı
Çağın Başaran

This can be usefull for a lot of other "exotic" letterings...

Jean-Luc
Dirk-Danger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
AeroScale: 162 posts
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2006 - 03:05 PM UTC
Hi,

I(we) are not actualy registered for the duel yet but I have a quick question -

My opponent is building an He111 (Italy 1942) and I will be building a Malta based fighter (not decided which yet). The thing is, do they have to be the same scale? The He111 is 1/72 and I don't really want to build a Spitfire/Hurricane in 1/72 as it will be done in a week!

Thanks

Lee
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2006 - 03:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The thing is, do they have to be the same scale?

Hi Lee!

Answer is: NO they dont have to be the same scale. So welcome to the "Duel" Campaign!

And don't forget to sign up for the Campaign: enlist

Jean-Luc
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 04:51 PM UTC
Jean-Luc, please don't forget my other 3 duels, Me and Emre, Me and Nezih and Me an Eric(Savage). None is cancelled or droped. I am planing to post some stuff next week. Thanks.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 09:14 PM UTC
Ok Yalım, it's noted...

Jean-Luc
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 05:49 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc,
I noticed that Wayne (Wad_Ware) wasn't marked as finished. Here is his profile picture from our duel thread.

I am hoping to finish up and post pictures of my other duel with voncuda and winters this weekend, then finish up the duel with wayne, so he can get credit

Hope all is well.
Leon
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 11:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Phil!

End date is December 31.
It's no problem if you can't duel with Mal. A Campaign should be fun and not an obligation. Unfortunately time is limited for everybody. I had to drop out of several Group Builds myself because of limited building time. It's just that it would have been nice to also have WW1 models in this Campaign. After all, aerial duels started in 14-18...
You can still participate and join a "Duel" of two modelers (not three). I would be delighted if you want to join Lampie and me for example.

Jean-Luc

jean-luc, i have a mark 1 hurricane in my stash, would that fit into the timeframe of what you and nigel are building?
but having said that, i will be going to telford shortly, so any suggestions for a french fighter that i can keep an eye out for?
p.s. i will be seeing lots of members there, so maybe i can harass someone into a WW1 build yet!
 _GOTOTOP