_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
OFFICIAL: FW190 'Wurger' Campaign
Removed by original poster on 07/04/12 - 23:48:53 (GMT).
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 11:48 AM UTC
Cory, great job on the Focke-Wulf. Love that red belly too. Thanks for sharing it with us. Should make an excellent edition to your collection. Russell
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2012 - 04:10 AM UTC
Another update that's lagging behind my actually progress a bit. I've got those parts' painting underway at the moment.

Even though the kit-supplied gunsight wasn't bad at all, I still wanted to replace it with a resin Revi 16 from Quickboost. I just love these things!

Main landing gear ready for priming:

Originally I wasn't planning on adding more than just the brake lines, but realizing there was basically just two rather small attachment points between the gear leg and the door, I decided to add the mounting bolts missing from the kit. This was easily done by drilling out the bolt holes in the gear doors and the corresponding mounts in the gear legs. Eduard has done their homework here, the resulting holes lined up nicely whe I added the bolts madee from 0.3mm brass wire. I also added a couple of brake line mounting straps cut from thin aluminium sheet.

And to close this update, here's the finished headrest assembly:

Built from three parts joining with barely more than butt joints, I wasn't too confident tackling it, but it wasn't that hard in the end. Apply glue -> tack parts together -> place in the canopy to dry. I'll cross my fingers and hope it fits when it's time glue it in place and that I don't happen to crush it in the process.
For the antenna wire entering the canopy, I drilled and cut a slot in the cross bar. I also couldn't help adding the rather prominent bracing wires using thin wire.

Getting there, getting there...

P.S. Just to be sure, does the finish date of June 8th mean that we have the Sunday to work on our entries, or that the campaign ends on Saturday 12 p.m.?
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2012 - 07:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

P.S. Just to be sure, does the finish date of June 8th mean that we have the Sunday to work on our entries, or that the campaign ends on Saturday 12 p.m.?

the campaign is set to finish at 2359hrs on the 8th July but I'm unsure which time zone that is for so yes you should have Sunday available. As the gallery is still read only we will let the campaign finish but are willing to make some concessions for late finishers.

Please see the following thread Aeroscale Campaign Galleries - Please Read
Snorri23
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 514 posts
AeroScale: 244 posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2012 - 11:13 PM UTC
Here are some better photos of my completed Fw 190C-0V20/U1
STH70077
STH70079
air-aset
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ecuador
KitMaker: 84 posts
AeroScale: 42 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 03:04 PM UTC
Finished!!!

:-)--<
mpatman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 248 posts
AeroScale: 160 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 10:42 PM UTC
Well after getting 4 cockpits painted in January, i have just finished my single entry for the campaingn

Here she is it's the 1/48 Tamiya F-8 in unusual camoflauge markings. Hope you like her.

Mark

Cheers,

Mark
mpatman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 10:50 PM UTC
I cant seem to add any photo's to the Gallery, is anyone else having this problem?
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 11:10 PM UTC
Hi there Mark. Great looking FW you did. As to the gallery, yes there is a problem with loading photos onto it, that should be resolved sometime in the first half of next week I'm told. Thought you would like to know. Russell
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 07:59 AM UTC
Finished!

Made a mad rush today and got my entry done, though I'm a little late for the mighnight deadline, provided it was GMT. It's getting up to eleven here in the +2 GMT zone. Hope I could still qualify for the ribbon.

I tried uploading these to the campaign gallery, but got an error message "(): Sorry, this image type is not supported yet."
Tried again, and when I got the upload screen, it says "images in your queue: 3." After I pressed submit, the pictures that failed to upload the first time turned up again at the next stage where you add titles and description, and choose which photos you want to add.
Anyway, I uploaded these to my photobucket to have something to show.
Edit: Allen, just emailed you pics for the gallery.

Hmmm... those turned out a little dark and with the color balance leaning to the blue. But they'll have to do for now. I'll probably take some better ones later.

Thanks for running the campaign! I had a blast!

Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 01:32 AM UTC
Hi all some great builds appearing in the final hours there

The gallery is still down and there is still no official fix date as yet.

Can you all please email me your completed photos as per this thread Aeroscale Campaign Galleries - Please Read and I'll get them uploaded as soon as the gallery is up again.

Cheers
mpatman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 10:27 AM UTC
Well done to all that have finished their 190! Keep going if your almost there and keep posting pics.

Thanks to all for participating.
 _GOTOTOP