Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Modeling cafe
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 04:02 AM UTC
Thank-you Andrew ! We all step into the dankness with my flash light in hand . I wonder how long this place as been here for ? As we continued the ponet small of wet dog id getting stronger , don't think it really matter to Jan . He end up finding another bottle ! More old wooden doors line the hallway . Andrew fiddles with one of the locks , but nothing happens to it , tries another one " click " the lock opens , Hey you two check this out ! Jan and I walk closer the room was filled with old books and scrolls from floor the ceiling . In the center of the room stands a table covered in dust and cob webs from spiders long gone . pages flicker as I blow the dust away , Andrew starts to read the text . Jan lights the candle sitting on the table ...................................
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 09:18 PM UTC
Jonathan Harker's Journal

3 May. Bistritz. __Left Munich at 8:35 P. M, on 1st May, arriving at Vienna early next morning; should have arrived at 6:46, but train was an hour late. Buda-Pesth seems a wonderful place, from the glimpse which I got of it from the train and the little I could walk through the streets. I feared to go very far from the station, as we had arrived late and would start as near the correct time as possible.
The impression I had was that we were leaving the West and entering the East; the most western of splendid bridges over the Danube, which is here of noble width and depth, took us among the traditions of Turkish rule.

We left in pretty good time, and came after nightfall to Klausenburgh. Here I stopped for the night at the Hotel Royale. I had for dinner, or rather supper, a chicken done up some way with red pepper, which was very good but thirsty. (Mem. get recipe for Mina.) I asked the waiter, and he said it was called "paprika hendl," and that, as it was a national dish, I should be able to get it anywhere along the Carpathians.

I found my smattering of German very useful here, indeed, I don't know how I should be able to get on without it.

Having had some time at my disposal when in London, I had visited the British Museum, and made search among the books and maps in the library regarding Transylvania; it had struck me that some foreknowledge of the country could hardly fail to have some importance in dealing with a nobleman of that country.

I find that the district he named is in the extreme east of the country, just on the borders of three states, Transylvania, Moldavia, and Bukovina, in the midst of the Carpathian mountains; one of the wildest and least known portions of Europe.

I'm sure I have read this somewhere before!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 03:07 AM UTC
Andrew keep reading the text as Jan and I look over the room more . Suddenly the door slammed shut which we came through , laughter filled the outside corridor . I jump out of skin ! Jan and Andrew race to the door and try to open it ..........Jan pushes and kicks at the door but nothing happens . This is just great guys ! now how are we going to get out of here . Shaking my flash light I point it at the door . Hey look a key hole ! But we don't have a key Terri ! no worries guy's move aside . Searching in my bag , found it Hair pin ! I work the key hole .......................Click the door unlocks .Andrew and Jan push the door open . Back out in the corridor the smell of wet dog still lingered in the air . Light flicker at the end of the passage way with singing filling the hall way softly . Jan specks up . That sounds like Stephen ! ........................................
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 05:08 PM UTC
As I continued up the stairs it led into a large labarynth of stairs and small rooms as if I were in a large medival tower and as far as the eye could see were books. Of every size and shape and thickness. Torches lit the way. I came upon an ancient wood carving that showed two cretures in mortal combat. At first I could not read the inscription then as if by some mysterious work the words came clear to my minds eye.

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright. . . "

I can still smell wet dog! What is that?! . . . . Oh no! AAAArrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 09:58 AM UTC
The scream sears our nerves and, as one, the three of us rush down the dank corridor. The rotton wood door at the end of the passage collapses under our combined considerable weight and we burst through into a huge dim book lined room. In front of us Stephen lies writhing on the floor and looming over him is a huge, shaggy, menacing shape. The stench of wet dog is overpowering. The beam of Terri's torch sweeps round and settles on the figure. All three of us gasp in horror. I ii ts........
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 03:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The scream sears our nerves and, as one, the three of us rush down the dank corridor. The rotton wood door at the end of the passage collapses under our combined considerable weight and we burst through into a huge dim book lined room. In front of us Stephen lies writhing on the floor and looming over him is a huge, shaggy, menacing shape. The stench of wet dog is overpowering. The beam of Terri's torch sweeps round and settles on the figure. All three of us gasp in horror. I ii ts........

The Managing Editor of Aeroscale Mr. Rowan (I paid too much for this Halloween costume) Baylies!!! The lights go up and its all been a huge Aeroscale haunted house.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2008 - 12:16 PM UTC
Hey! Look at this....a diary from....(blows the dust from the cover)...1917! This should interested Stephen, seems to be written in German..!

Hello....where's everybody?

Terri? Andy?

Heellloooo.....
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 08:53 AM UTC
Andrew walks to a free table carefully carrying a pint of Guiness (don't want to spill any). That was quite an adventure. I fancy a change of pace, how about Young Frankenstein and oh..American Werewolf in London? . Anyway ...Cheers all.
Any one seen Jan lately
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 08:58 AM UTC
I am all for a change. Down with the skulls, black cats and ghosts. Up with Pumkins, cornstalks and prepping for our holiday seasons.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 09:12 AM UTC
How about the Rocky Horror Picture Show ?

I can paint Jan's face all over again !
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 04:39 PM UTC
Well we are back at it again.

This week's movies ( and tonight''s late night showing) will be

"Holiday Inn" with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. And "Scent of a Woman" with Al Pacino, Chris O'Donnell.

Food fair will be fresh italian sub sandwches and grilled steak burritos. With all the fixings.

The selected beer is the Perminator party beer from ParkBraü in Zweibrücken Germany.

Dark roast Coffee from the Columbia with pumkin spice cream and fresh 14" pumkin pies from Pennsylvannia. (We made a deal with the Sheats corporation in Jonesville PA.)

Also we have a holiday stock of a heady India cinammon & chai spiced tea called "Bengal" from Celestial Seasons out of Boulder Colorado.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 01:59 AM UTC
At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends.....
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 09:28 AM UTC
and what a relief it must have been for millions, on both sides.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 03:00 AM UTC
All has been very peaceful here . With Christmas just around the corner we need to have a tree decorating party . Stephen already has the boxes of decorations out . Bing Crosby singing old time favorites from Christmas past . Now where are those Rum balls !
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 06:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

All has been very peaceful here . With Christmas just around the corner we need to have a tree decorating party . Stephen already has the boxes of decorations out . Bing Crosby singing old time favorites from Christmas past . Now where are those Rum balls !

Hunh? Rum Balls. . .Oh! Jan and Andrew are in the kitchen.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 12:50 PM UTC
If Jan and Andrew are in the kitchen , there won't be any rum to use for the balls !
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 09:12 AM UTC
Distant discordant singing........fifteen men on a dead mans chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of......oh b*$^£*r it's empty. Any more rum out there? Jan don't drink any more, you're getting blurred
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 09:58 AM UTC
Did anyone say Rum????

Sorry for the absence - we had the nationals over here - i've been busy finishing stuff off. Show was superb, wallet and credit card are now empty and the stash rejuvenated.

Andy
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 04:14 AM UTC
I just had to post this picture, and wasn't sure where, then i figured that it would look good on a cafe wall!

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 03:48 AM UTC
Vance, great pic ! Reminds me on how many family came to Canada . My Grand parents lived in German when the war was going on and being Jewish they had to escape in order to avoid the cruelty this mad man did to others . They went to Russia then over to England and finally landing in Canada .
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 05:45 AM UTC
Whou Schaid Schomesing aboot *hick* not drinching shcruuumm....*hick*....rum *hick* ? Look at thosche fluuuu*hick*ffy white schings in the aaa*hick*ir...

Iiii*hick*iiii beeeelieve I caaaa*hick*aaan flllyyy*hick*yy...! Come ooonn...Sching wtih me..!

Ooo*hick*ooh you *%$#"@#% thiii*hick*iinnngsch...! Watsch thisch..? Paint*hick*bruuusscch for *%$#"@#%*hick**%$#"@#% leeeeffffthaaa*hick*aanded people only...? Whooo isch schooo*hick*oo Schtuuupid tooo Faaa*hick*aall for thaaaat *hick* that?
Wooouunt doo mee*hick*ee any gooood *hick* good....I'm riiight haaaandeed *hick* handed..! Joke issch on you...*%$#"@#%*hick**%$#"@#%
I want a cooooffeee*hick*ee...anyone elsche want a *hick* cooff....anyone elsche want a cooo...*%$#"@#%*hick**%$#"@#%..ffeee..?
Bllaschted....no waaa*hick*aater in thee taaap...!

Haaa*hick*aang oonnnn....

Rrruu*hick*uummmm isch llllliqu*hick*uuid...I'm sschoo *%$#"@#%*hick**%$#"@#% clever....!

Buuu*hick*uut fiiirsscht I neee*hick* a resscht.......*%$#"@#%*hick**%$#"@#%

...*%$#"@#%*hick**%$#"@#%
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 06:09 AM UTC
Terri, do you still have the hand cuffs, Jan needs restraining again!

Talking of which do you have a spare pair?
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 03:51 AM UTC
I see Jan has finally had a mental breakdown ......................... Yes I still have them Andy and this seems to be a fitting time to use them again ................
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 08:26 AM UTC
Unhand that man, he'sh not having a breakdown, itsh jusht the effecsh of thish 100proof rum. I have shampled it and can shay itsh very goood, (takes big swig, stumbles over to Jan and takes up defensive posture swaying slightly). Terri walks over and lightly pushes Andrew who collapses on top of Jan, muttering something about "bl*%$^y Wonderwoman there zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 08:29 AM UTC
and then I hand cuff them both together so they can do no harm ......................................