_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Monogram Fokker D.VII Question?!?
m_buchler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 137 posts
AeroScale: 103 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 08:23 AM UTC
I was recently given a Monogram D.VII kit (1:48) and not at all surprisingly, there's a glaring and unacceptable flaw: the propellor is asymmetrical! Yes, one blade is longer than the other! Does anyone make an aftermarket propellor for this plane?

Thanks-
Mark
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 08:28 AM UTC
No need Mark I have beau coup extras from the various Eduard & Roden kits I have built. I could send you one for free. What would you prefer? Axial or Heine? PM me your address.
m_buchler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 137 posts
AeroScale: 103 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 09:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No need Mark I have beau coup extras from the various Eduard & Roden kits I have built. I could send you one for free. What would you prefer? Axial or Heine? PM me your address.

Thank you for the kind offer, Stephen. I will PM you at once. Only trouble is... I don't know the difference between the Axial or Heine propellors! My kit's propellor is rather curvey with very round tips, I guess I would need whatever one looks similar to this description.

Once again thanks a million-
Mark
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 12:29 PM UTC
Greetings Mark;

Using your nomenclature, the curved edge propellers are the "Heine" company types. the straighter types are "Axial." All told there were 4 types of propellers that could be seen on the Fokker D.VII. Eduard gives you two. The Heine with the quick release Rupp prop boss was always associated with the BMW engine installation.

Just for the sake of having them in one place. For more reading on the various license built Fokker D.VII represented in kit form.
Click here
Click Here II
Click Here III
Click Here IV
Click Here V
Click Here VI
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 04:44 PM UTC