Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Total war...Vietnam
newfish
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,329 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 11:15 AM UTC
Is there any chance of an extension i took some photo's a wile ago

I have done some more to the vignette but ive had some family issues for the past months so ive not been able to touch it for a wile

so if i can have an extension i will let you know if i can finish by the 1st

thank guyss =]
Greenhornet2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 51 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 04:32 PM UTC
ya man take as long as you want. idont care what ever works for you.
newfish
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 01:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

ya man take as long as you want. idont care what ever works for you.

thanks

i did some more last night so i am closer to finish

klimmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 250 posts
AeroScale: 207 posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 - 01:41 PM UTC
I finally finished my A-37.

Ted
muddyfields
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 05:19 AM UTC
Hi
Thanks for allowing a little more time, should be finished by next weekend.
I'll do my diorama for the Chaffee at a later date.
Some very nice looking builds so far.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 09:55 AM UTC
I just checked the gallery for the campaign and there are only four of us who finished? Is that correct? Today is the deadline right or was there an extension? Just curious...."Q"
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 01:01 AM UTC
I pinged Greenhornet2 (Seth) to see what is going on with the campaign. More info to follow.
"Q"
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 04:51 PM UTC
All, I got a PM form Seth, our campaign leader. He has been out of the loop as it were due to a stint in and out of the hospital. That being in said, I am going to take over the reigns from here to help him get this baby completed, and give him a break soas to recover. Command decision time... To those that have completed the campaign at this point, I will get the ribbons posted to you as soon as I can. To those that need and extention, consider it granted. I'll push you to the right to 1 March since this is a short month, to get your builds in. Is everybody alright with that? Speak now or forever hold your yap... Back soon. Thanks, "Q"
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:57 AM UTC
Alright warriors listen up. I got the award uploaded and ready to present. Thanks for making it Vance! Much appreciated as this old dog doesn't know how to make them yet, but I'm a learnin'. Will present it soon to the six who have finished as of now, and will hopefully present it to the remainder of you as you complete your builds, up to and including the 1st of March. Now put down the mouse and go finish your builds! Oh, and thanks. "Q"
Greenhornet2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 51 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 01:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

All, I got a PM form Seth, our campaign leader. He has been out of the loop as it were due to a stint in and out of the hospital. That being in said, I am going to take over the reigns from here to help him get this baby completed, and give him a break soas to recover. Command decision time... To those that have completed the campaign at this point, I will get the ribbons posted to you as soon as I can. To those that need and extention, consider it granted. I'll push you to the right to 1 March since this is a short month, to get your builds in. Is everybody alright with that? Speak now or forever hold your yap... Back soon. Thanks, "Q"

yes i have givin upmy command of the campain due to injuries sustaind during this football season. damn lineman get me every time. the good news is im in bed for the next two weeks so i will have my dio done shortly
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 02:41 PM UTC
Rest up Seth, I got ya covered.
Hey all, bet you're getting tired of seeing me huh? lol. Just found out that I cannot award the ribbons until afer the campaign closes. Since I extended it to the first, we gotta wait til then. My apologies as I didn't realize that was the deal. OK, that's about it, get back to work. "Q"
newfish
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 - 10:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

yes i have givin upmy command of the campain due to injuries sustaind during this football season. damn lineman get me every time. the good news is im in bed for the next two weeks so i will have my dio done shortly

Good news your alright though take it easy buddie

ive finished my vignette just got a few tweaks and it is photo time then i will upload it to complete the campaign. my first campaign may i add

Removed by original poster on 02/07/09 - 01:49:21 (GMT).
jphillips
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
AeroScale: 214 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 - 01:01 PM UTC
I've got one of those old Monogram 1/48 A-37s too. Naturally I was planning on doing a VNAF one. I'm a bit unsure about the decals too, but good luck finding aftermarket decals for this plane. Albatros came out with a very nice sheet a couple of years ago; unfortunately, they're out of print. But I hear Testors has some kind of crap that you shake up and spray onto an old decal sheet, which will restore it.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2009 - 03:15 PM UTC
Yes, Testors makes a product that will save older decals from "grenading" when put in water. I have a couple of cans here and it works well. You shold apply a few coats to ensure that it has covered all areas completely. You'll need to trim close to the decal when you are ready to use it though as it pretty much turns the entire sheet into carrier film, but it's worth it if it allows you to use your decals again. "Q"
ps. Be sure you have good ventilation as it is pretty -...uh, what's the word I'm looking for...., smelly, yeah that pretty much describes it. Smelly, like a lacquer flat coat.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:29 AM UTC
Howdy all. We are just a couple weeks out from the finale. How is everybody doing with their builds? I checked the gallery and we are 8 out of 29 entered so I guess it isn't too bad. I've seen better, and I've seen worse If you finish, don't forget to post your completed pics in the gallery. How about a sitrep? (Situation Report) Thanks, "Q"
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 03:59 AM UTC
Well folks we are into the last week of the campaign. Hope everybody is closing in on being finished. If you can't get your pics posted to the gallery for whatever reason, no problem, I'll check thru the thread here and on Armorama and verify them that way. Good job everybody and thanks for participating. "Q"
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 12:56 AM UTC
Hi there folks... I just signed up for the campaige (Actualy Friday...or thursday not sure). I am not sure if I will pull through but I'll try. I wanted to go with the Corsair ideai because of my unfillable hunger for "what if"sbut couldn't menage to aquire a suitable model on time. So I started another model from my stashi which is unbeliveably a 1/48:] It is a Revell rebox of Monogram A-1H. Holds on well for now. t is almost at the point of painting but I will lose at least two evenings this week. We'll see.
Oh sorry. I just wanted to ask if it is alowed to fidle with markings? For example I am doing a Navy bird but can Iadd it a Shark mouth or personal markings? Thanks.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 01:03 AM UTC
Yes you can add a shark mouth and/or personal markings to it. As long as it has a Vietnam feel to it your good. The A-1H did serve in Vietnam so you should be good. Hope you can finish in time. How about an in progress shot... Thanks, "Q"
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 01:15 AM UTC
Wow thanks!!! Actuualy the markings are for Interpid Aircraft Carriern in Gulf of Tomkin 1967. I Just wanted to add a little taste. I found loads of ideas for aircraft that were not there but would look cool in colors but couldn't find any of the suitable kits I wanted. For in progress shots. I hardly menage to get the camera and the it together:} I'll try anyways.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 02:05 AM UTC
Sounds good, Yalym. It is going to look good.

I agree with Matthew. Let us see a couple of progress shots.
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 10:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well folks we are into the last week of the campaign. Hope everybody is closing in on being finished. If you can't get your pics posted to the gallery for whatever reason, no problem, I'll check thru the thread here and on Armorama and verify them that way. Good job everybody and thanks for participating. "Q"

Its going to be close, but I should be fine!
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 10:21 AM UTC
Alrighty folks, we are into the last few days. Looks like I will have a few ribbons to award at least. Keep at it and good luck with those builds!! Thanks, "Q"
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 10:24 AM UTC
Appears the gallery is down due to some technical problems so please post your finished works here or on the thread over on Armorama for completion credit. Thanks, "Q"
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 01:00 AM UTC
Ok, here's some proof to show I am working:P I m building it pretty clumsily mostly because I am not used to the scale and not paying much attention to the details for now. Just trying to finish. Here is the progress up to now:

Drilled the guns and exhausts.

...and painted it to mostly black. I used this route in previous models and prety happya bout the result. I work on the overcoating color more detailed. It is a sort of preshadeing I guess:}

I hope I menage to finish it. Cheers guys.