_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Total war...Vietnam
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 03:04 PM UTC
Yep, its a Skyraider. Keep at it you have a little less than 48 hours to finish. Keeping my fingers crossed! "Q"
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 - 01:24 PM UTC
Greetings one and All!

'Just In The Nick Of Time Modelling' presents a 1/35 Academy UH-1C Huey Gunship..

If you ever decide to do this kit make sure you have some alternate decals as the Academy ones are not too good. They don't like conforming to rivets etc and that is a bad thing with this model as this Huey has lots of rivets...

The fit of the kit "requires some modelling skills" but overall it was apretty easy build. I only started it a few days ago!

Kit is almost totally OOB. The only non-OOB stuff are these...

I made the belts out of Tamiya masking tape painted white and solder that I shaped to form the buckles etc. I did touch the paint on the seats up after this was taken...

Anyway, a fast build is a good build... six models so far this year!
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 10:43 AM UTC
Congrats on finishing Warren. Well folks, you have approximately 81/2 hours left to complete your builds. Hope to see some last minute finishes. Thanks to all of you who joined and congrats to those who finished and those who will finish in the next few hours. "Q"
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 11:26 AM UTC
Hi there! You won't belive how dummy can one can be. I finished the model spending all friday night and shot photoes of it, even some "in progress" ones. I went tobed at 0730 in the morning. As I woke up I tried to transfer the pics to my PC but it didn't see the camera. So I went out to do my weekend jobs planing to trans fer them to my GF's pc(which I am typing now). I came to her place and guess what? I BLOODY FORGOT THE USB CABLE!!!! I am just watching from the LCD of the camera and cant send them!!! It is unfair to be stupid!!!! Anyways I will try to go home and get the transfer cable!!!Stupid stupid!!!!
dobon68
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 392 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 09:27 AM UTC
I think I have just missed the deadline but here is my entry anyway.
It's Revell's 1/32 AH-1G Cobra with the Cobra Company cockpit and gun turret and Fireball's decals.
I had problems with the fit of the canopy as you can see in a few of the photos.
Cheers
David

JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 10:38 AM UTC
Finaly I found the cable:

Cheers allllllll!!!!
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 02:32 PM UTC
Ding, ding, sing. Put your pencils down the test is over! Congrats all. David you are good to go. Jolly Roger......so are you. I have posted everybodys awards to their profiles and have enjoyed watching this come together for its completion. Hopefully some of you have joined on for my other campaign "Get the Job Done....Again" and I can expect to see some of your other work posted in that thread. Seth, I hope you are feeling better from your football injury and that I did ok as your 2-IC. Thanks again all for participating. Until next time... "Q"
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 09:55 PM UTC
Yhanks Matt, and I swear these are taken through friday night till saturday morning at 0730 :] only wished I iscovered the campaigne earlier. A Corsair in Vietnam war was in my mind for years:P I also find very intresting Aircraft flew in both sides:} Anyways untill next time GOOD NIGT GOOD FIGHT!!!!:}
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 08:39 PM UTC
Thanks for a great and wellrun campaign and a cool ribbon. Interesting to follow the campaign on several kitmaker forums.
 _GOTOTOP