Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Roden 1/48 Fokker D.VII ( Schwerin )
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 06:26 PM UTC
Thanks Keith ! It will blend in really well with the colourful ones I have built already , still waiting for the blue to dry , has some tacky areas still and before I continue with the airbrushing of the other colours I want this to be really dry . Finger prints have a funny way of showing up on their own ! but I'm sure it could be the cat toying with me ...................
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 08:20 PM UTC
White has been spray as well as the green , guns painted and glued in place ..............Pic's up tomorrow ............................
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 08:36 PM UTC
cool
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 08:15 AM UTC
Here are the pic's of the lastest up date .........

On the last pic here some kind of a glue run , did.'t notice it until now ! I will make this into an oil/fuel stain on some short ....................................

that's all for now .....
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 12:49 PM UTC
Dont you just hate that.... always when the pic is taken do things like that suddenly appear......as if by magic.......bad magic at that.

Hope you can disguise it in, at least its under the wing too...small consolation

Keith

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 05:40 PM UTC
I'm glad i notice it now and not when the build was done . was going to sand the area down and respray , but I just don't like oils all that much . Yeah that camera can be the worst critic or your best friend .
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 04:08 AM UTC
Lozenge has been applied to the lower fuselage and tail plane , pic's up once the lower lozenge has added to the wings .....................

Stay tuned in and will be back after these few short messages .....................

Do you suffer from AMS , Do you have the need to added more detail then the other modeller s in your group ? Have you gotten to the point where camping out in front of your local Hobby Shop has ruined your marriage . Have you lost your job because you can't find your way out of the hobby room . Are you losing sleep from nightmares of latest tools and mold technology........

At AMSS we can help ....Call 1-800-267-4357 that's 1-800-267-4357 and book your appointment today !
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 09:09 AM UTC
Back to our regular programming ..................

Lower lozenge has been added . Now before I post pic's of this I have one question ....regarding the rib tapes , on Fokker built aircraft are the tapes blue on the upper and lower ? I always seem to get confused on this and end up doing them wrong in some way or another .
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 08:10 AM UTC
This build has been boxed until further notice .
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 08:34 AM UTC

Boxed for moving, I hope. I really like this build Terri.

Mark
mvfrog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 369 posts
AeroScale: 104 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 01:25 PM UTC
Very nice build. I am impressed by your talent and ability. You are an artist. Thanks for the pictures, and the words to go with them. Very helpful and informative. I like your method and thought.

Matt
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 02:25 AM UTC
Yup , moving back home Mark ! Thanks for your support my friend ...........

Thanks there Matt , not sure on the artist part , but I'm improving with every build I do .

Once I get re-settle in to my place . I will finish this one . I do like the colourfulness of the project !
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 05:19 AM UTC
My new place will be ready on Sunday and will be back on this build . Stay tuned in , this was brought to you by the worlds longest commercial break !
TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
KitMaker: 470 posts
AeroScale: 279 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 06:15 AM UTC
Hi Terri,
I just found this build and I must say you have picked nice camo scheme!

Some critisism: I think you use too much silver paint on your machine guns, if you drybrush them wipe off more paint from your brush.

I bought this very same kit myself while ago (still waiting in store for other stuff I bough along) for my recent "biplane fever", and I think I'm going for Loerzers Fokker.

I find it quite funny, that germans used lozenge on seats also, I wonder if they saw nice seats of brits and wanted to win them in elegance (so Göring.. )

Tuomas
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 08:06 AM UTC

Terri,

Great news about your new place. Rock on.

Mark
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 05:14 PM UTC
Hi Tuomas , Yes the good old silver ................Thanks for the feed back , but I still have to apply the dull coat and weather still . I just finished with the decals when I box the build and still has it's new shine to it . And one of the right side gun needs better turness to it .

It's a great building kit with minor issues which are easily fixed . I still have a few more in the stash as well and will be adding more ! So many colourful options with stripes one just can't build one ..............................

Thanks Mark ! I'm really looking forward to moving in and setting up shop once more and be able to start building .
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009 - 08:34 AM UTC
Still delayed on restarting this project . New place is still under reno's . Hopefully it will be done by this weekend and I can have my life back !!!
RAGIII
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
AeroScale: 600 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2009 - 12:03 PM UTC
Terri,
This is a fine build so far. I like the seat and cockpit work. Too bad about that spot. I found a superglue blob on the left fuselage on my Albatros DI after looking at close up pictures. Still haven't decided what to do! Keep posting your progress!
RAGIII
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 - 05:18 AM UTC
Thanks Rick . Yup the camera tells no lie's doesn't it !!

I have started with the rib tapping on the wings the other night and hope to have them done in a few days and will post some pic's of that progress ....

we will return after these short messages......................
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 12:13 PM UTC
Small up -date . Rib taping is almost done now . just have the undersides to complete .

Sorry there are no pic's yet , but they are coming ......................( I was trigger happy snapping photo's of friends and animals with a few trees with flowers and the batteries just died on me )
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 07:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Small up -date . Rib taping is almost done now . just have the undersides to complete .

Sorry there are no pic's yet , but they are coming ......................( I was trigger happy snapping photo's of friends and animals with a few trees with flowers and the batteries just died on me )

frowns...trees, flowers, animals and friends, my lord what next?..........where is your focus?.... get with the program and give us the pics..... only jokin of course Terri

Kornie old Keith.

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 08:23 AM UTC
Okay Keith , I " got " with the program and back on track heading forward with this build .

Now I went and snap some photo's for you . Progress is slow but it is moving forward so that is always a plus in it's own .

I just started doing the weathering on the fuselage with only one wash so far . The guns have two and await further weathering same with fuselage . Needs it dull coat first . Followed by pin washes in some areas .

The wings still need the blue taping for the ribs before any weathering will occur . Weathering will start with a very light mist of grey with Tamiya smoke and a few drops of brown . Then out come the pastels !!!!

More to come soon ............................
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 - 08:42 AM UTC
Nice Terri........ Inspiring

Keith
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 - 11:50 AM UTC
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 03:45 AM UTC
Lower rib taping is complete and the rest of the national markings in place . Sorry no pic's though , had put in new batteries and one leak and made a mess inside , camera is off for repair work In the mean time I will continue with the assembly of the build and have updates . when the camera is fixed ( a week they say ) I'll make it up with lost of pic's which will keep Keith happy

This build seems to be cursed !!!!