_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Roden 1/48 Fokker D.VII ( Schwerin )
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 - 01:30 PM UTC
Thanks guy's , pic's up this weekend ...................

What troubles are you having with them Keith ? I've used them on the last fokker build and had no trouble at all ......
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 - 03:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

". . .On the subject of Lozenge I'm finding the Eduard lozenge *despite it's innaccuracies* easier to use than the Microsculpt, I'm having a few probs getting Ms's to work for me but persevering. K"

What kinds of problems?
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 03:08 AM UTC
Getting it to lay, it didnt seem to like pre preparing the surface with microset *made it very fragile* , or getting too wet.

Also it seems a little easy to disturb when working over after.

I've found applying it first then applying the solution after trimming etc seems to work much better, just a matter of changing techniques I guess.

But to be honest Stephen I'ts probably me.....it usually is and after trying Techmods lozenge on my albi which just shattered when I tried to apply it..........Ms's seems far better
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 05:30 AM UTC
Still haven't forgotten about this build . It was set a side while I did the build review and work on the stripe campaign . Went to go and start the rigging for the controls and I didn't drill out the holes !!!! Finished pic's of the project will be up soon ................................sorry for the delay
 _GOTOTOP