_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Kots GB 2012 Ru. C.IV Early - Kornbeef
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2012 - 04:20 AM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

The end is so close now I just don't want to rush and spoil something. Also It's been such an enjoyable build I'm reluctant to call it done (Ayone else ever feel like that?)

Hi Keith: I know exactly how you feel. I really enjoyed the WNW Pfalz and The WNW Pup, it was like, "Now What"?

I think this has really turned out nice. The turnbuckles really add an element of realism to it. The overiszed rubbish bin in the background is the only indicator that it isn't real. The natural lighting and outdoor setting heightens the effect of realism. Outstanding work again Keith.

Best
Mark

Greetings Keith,
Let me add my compliments to Mark's; a beautiful build. I really like your prop, if it's painted you could have fooled me. Looks like a hand carved lamination job and totally realistic.
Like you I have a rather large 4 legged companion whose appearances here so far have been limited to his hair which turns up in every thread. Hope that isn't the "oversized rubbish bin" Mark is referring to in the final photos!?
Very nice.
Cheers,
Lance
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2012 - 10:08 AM UTC
Thanks guys for the amazing comments. Yes for the final shots I'll have to move a few things around the old stump I guess.

Thank you Stephen for using my work in your review.. I read it and realised I'd made a rather daft blunder... So minor surgery removing the lacing on the rear fuselage, thankfully its under the cross mainly, another minor field repair coming on I think to mask it. Thankfully this kit seems to come with a fair supply of national markings... phew!

*checks no ones watching and whispers.. Sopwith Pup ordered from hannants with the HGW superdetail set... I resisted an Albie for now... until Hannants take stock of some HGW Lozenge I guess.

Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2012 - 07:18 PM UTC
Lance... prop..... watercolour pencils. future and tinted washes. a godsend, not sure who but one of our illustrious band used them and I just copied... bless them whoever they are
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 06:16 AM UTC
Keith a very beautiful build. The slightly worn and war weary look is captured really well. And for someone who used to be scared of rigging... Well you've concured that fear in a grand way! Congrats on finishing.

Mikael
DrIAce
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 59 posts
AeroScale: 56 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 11:31 AM UTC
Dittos to the above, Nice Work !!!
thenorm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 125 posts