_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
OFFICIAL: British Aerospace Campaign Thread
V2Phantom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 288 posts
AeroScale: 195 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 01:40 PM UTC
After a few weeks away from home due to work, I managed to get back to my bench this weekend and finish adding the decals to my Hawk. The decals were a bit of a challenge to work with, especially with the large dragon on the fuselage. I ended up having to use two different decal sheets as the first time I applied the dragon in one piece, it shattered rather badly. I ended up cutting the main body of the dragon into 2 pieces and had to add a small patch of spare decal to connect the tail with the main body. It did end up finishing better than I expected and I am happy with it at this stage. Here are the photos:

Now it is on to painting the details, finish adding the landing gear and doors, clean up the canopy, etc. I just might finish this build in time!

Have fun modeling!
Mike
V2Phantom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 04:10 AM UTC
Ack!!!!! I just realized that this build finished at the beginning of the month rather than at the end. Dang!!!

Am I still able to post the photos of my completed build in the group folder?

After coming this close, I hate to just fade away with the build. I have a few more days delay in completing this, though. When glueing the main gear doors onto the Hawk's main landing gear, screwed up the outer surface of both doors when glue wicked it's way to that surface. I need to lightly sand the doors and respray them gloss black.
Best wishes for the holidays!
Mike
V2Phantom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 01:47 PM UTC
Finished! If I was not off by an even month, I would have been on-time for this Build! I just completed my BAE Hawk for this campaign. Whew! Here's how it looks now. I have also posted photos in the completed model page. Thanks for looking and sorry this one was late! I aim to complete the next one on time.

Have fun modeling and a great New Year!
Mike
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 02:00 PM UTC
Well at least you didn't Welsh on us
That's a spectacular hawk.
Dragon164
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
AeroScale: 508 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 03:13 PM UTC
Good job Mike!

Cheers Rob.
V2Phantom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 - 03:37 AM UTC
Hi Jessica! I did not want to have this build "Drag on" until sometime in 2013! Great pun, BTW!

Thanks Rob! Glad you liked the Hawk. I could not resist getting this done in the Chinese "Year of the Dragon"!
Have fun modeling!
Mike
 _GOTOTOP