_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Duel - Newtothegame & Bilko vs. Wad-Ware
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 09:44 AM UTC
Really glad to see you could stay in with us Brian and the Storch looks great And thanks too, I am really proud and thrilled to have won the MOM with my Bf-109.

Leon - your Martlet is also looking excellent The camo is really well done and is that preshading I see in there? Very subtle and looks great !!
I agree with Brian. I really like your background. All those scratchbuilt ,bombed-out village fragments look pretty realistic. :-) :-) :-)

The weather around me has changed for the warmer and I actually got my P-47 done. I haven't had a chance to take any pics but as soon as can get around to it I will and update my thunderbolt thread. Jeesh.. that is probably about 100 pages deep by now in the forums. It's been a while since I got to do me any serious modeling

Great modeling guys
Wayne
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:01 PM UTC
Hey guys. I posted a 'finished' picture in the main thread to get in before the deadline, but I hope to get out sometime this week and do the pictures right for better results. Anyway here is the finished martlet...

In reality, I might try a little more post shading, fading of decals, etc. but I am not sure.

Due to user error, the decals gave me tons of problems and silvered pretty bad. I think I got most of it fixed, but, man, I hate it when you are so happy (painting stage) thinking that things are going great and then something happens that threatens to make you feel like the whole thing is crap! We'll see if it holds up under better, more detailed pictures.

Also, thanks for the duel both of you. I admit that had it not been for the motivation of the duel (and deadline) this build would probably be going next Christmas

Hope all is well.
Leon
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 04:37 AM UTC
Great looking Martlet Leon It was a fun duel and it is great that all three of us did get to end up finishing a project for it.

Quoted Text

I hate it when you are so happy (painting stage) thinking that things are going great and then something happens that threatens to make you feel like the whole thing is crap!

I know exactly what you are saying there I have some stories about my P-47 that I just might admit to in the Thunderbolt thread when I post my pics later on But then..... I don't know if I should admit to too much stupidity on my part

Will be looking forward to more pics of your Martlet and again, very nice build.

Wayne
bilko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
AeroScale: 96 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 06:18 PM UTC
Leon

Great to see the Martlet finished!!!!

Yes I know what you mean with the silvering - if you look closely you can see that the letters on the Storch have done the same - I got too cheeky and decided to only gloss where the decals would go - and then didn't cover sufficient area (Not one of my most intelligent modelling moments )

I'm glad the 3 of us got through in the end. Now you just have to watch your 6. When you see me going low and slow just make sure that Wayne isn't the "hun in the sun". :-)

Again thanks Jean-Luc for running a great campaign.

Brian
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 08:24 AM UTC
Well I finally got out and got some better pictures of the martlet. I tell you this digital camera drives me crazy - sometimes it seems to take brilliant pictures and other times, not crap, but close... These were the best I could get...

Let me know what you think - good and bad. I can name about 10 things I don't like and about five that I do. Overall, I am happy, but I did just about everything along the way to screw it up (and those things really stand out to me) Anyway...

[Edit] Oops, I see I forgot to paint the navigation lights...

Hope all is well.
Leon

PS, Wayne still excited to see the thunderbolt glamor shots...
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 11:58 PM UTC
Very nice job Leon ! The paint job look great specially the panel lines.
Congratulations
 _GOTOTOP