Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Modeling cafe
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
AeroScale: 424 posts
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 - 04:54 AM UTC
Happy belated birthday, Terri !

Hey barkeep, How 'bout an ale for me and the birthday girl??

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 - 05:34 AM UTC
Thanks Penny , how about we just kick the guy's out and invite more of the ladies and have one hell of a shin-din ! Of course the bar keep can stay ! He is on the cute side !!!

Stephen that is a great song and it's been some time since I heard it . Thanks Andrew , Andy , Tony for the support . Have been doing some checking on the cbp.com and from what our lawyer has been saying the border agent had no reason to denie me access into the states . I should be in Texas right now enjoying life and riding my horse !

I'm in better spirits and I will make it there sooner or later ...........................................
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 - 10:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Penny , how about we just kick the guy's out and invite more of the ladies and have one hell of a shin-din ! Of course the bar keep can stay ! He is on the cute side !!!
Stephen . . .

Stephen quietly slips out the back door handing the bottles of gin he was holding to Andrew.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 02:24 AM UTC
Music filled the cafe with rhymic beats as the chippendales aroused the audience with flying ( unmentionibles ) Beer , wine and rum flowed smoothly from glass to glass sharing the same experiences of the next round . Wild cheering and remarks on which a full grow man would blush to , teasing the stage lights on hot sweaty faces and other body parts which can't be mentioned on this site The pizza delivery boy made the mistake of walking in as a hundred eyes turn their addention to wards the door ..............................

Stephen holding on to the gin for dear life hides in the back alley waiting for Andrew to come around with the car waiting to make a hasty retreat to a safe house . ......................
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 03:02 AM UTC
Oh WOW!!!
Terri, since it's just the two of us here, this is all ours!! Wish more girls would show up to enjoy with us... (Penny drinks down a brewsky and passes a few empty bottles down to the barkeep)

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 04:46 AM UTC
Well Penny before the bash started I made a few small phone calls as well as e-mails and there is about 50 of us here . Just watch out for Susan , she seems a little flaky at times but she means well .
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 01:48 PM UTC
Woo-Hoo !!
Hey bar keep.... How 'bout a round for all the ladies !!!

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 02:46 PM UTC
Meanwhile I am back in the cellar down in the movie vault. Frantically searching the shelves for the right movies. Chick flicks, chick flicks where did I put them. . . Oh! Here they are. Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail and I Married an Axe Murderer. I better hide that last one. Here Grease 2. . . man I might do better to let Tony run the movies tonight.

Wait a minute whats that? Foot stomping? Women cheering? They are yelling something. Chanting - "Babycakes". . . Who is Babycakes? Andy was up there with Andrew, and Tony. Uh oh! I think I will call it a night. I lock up the entrance from the cellar to the upstairs and closing the false walls. I Exit from the cellar doors that lead outside and chain them shut. Then I quickly pick up a taxi .

With the cat calls and women screaming wildly and the sounds of bump and grind music, (Blondie - Call me! ) They must have an old copy of American Gigilo. I am driven back to the Early Aviation Hangar. But on my mind is the gnawing question. . ."Babycakes". . . Who is Babycakes?
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 831 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 03:50 AM UTC
Don't worry guys. I'll keep an eye on things. When the going gets too rough I'll just put The english patient on, and hand out the hankies. If that doesn't work I guess I'll just have to open up for the little girl in me....

Toni
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 05:57 AM UTC
I will give you credit for trying Tony , but a room with 50 woman clawing at the beefcakes on stage your moive wouldn't even make to the dvd player before all your clothes are removed from your body and I don't think your wife would really like that , wait a minute she's here any way !!!

LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 11:02 PM UTC
No ma'm! No wifey here. The only ring I ever worn was the Phantom scull ring I won in a contest in the seventies.

I guess I'll have to bale out and leave the place for sanitation and rebuild tomorrow. Sorry 'bout this guys, but I guess If we can assemble what we do in plastic, rebuilding a café wouldn't be too hard, even if it looks like in "Gremlins" here now.

Tony
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 03:17 AM UTC
Come on guys,
We just barrowed the place for a party. Things are back to normal. See, we even cleaned up our mess, done our dishes, and restocked the bar.

Oh, I also left the owner a little something for letting us use the place.

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 04:38 AM UTC
See, Penny is right the place is all cleaned up and ready to go for tonights events .
You guys are sweating over nothing here . Place is even better then new !

Maybe the guy's our a little on the jealous side that they where left out in the night events there Penny . I guess they were hoping to be the ( beefcakes ) on the stage .

No wife at all Tony , now that is a shock to the systeme ! With your good looks and all .

So what will be tonights film(s) ? I'm sure Stephen will come up with a very taste menu , yes we even restock the kitchen as well so Stephen can do his magic !!!!
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 06:16 AM UTC
Choice of film? Hey, I thought Gremlins was the obvious one tonight. Or maybe a tribute to John Belushi? Animal house, Blues Brothers and 1941 back to back. 1941 is even sporting an airchase between a P 40 and a Beech, and Blues Brothers has Carrie Fisher. Something for everybody

Got any 1941 vintage snacks around Stephen?

Tony
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 07:03 AM UTC
Good film choice Tony.

Something soft for food - had 2 teeth extracted today and it's all a bit sore.

Penny, Nice to see you here, you've been quiet for a while, hope you're ok.

Andy
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 12:17 PM UTC
Hi Andy,
I am fine. Just have had allot of stuff on my plate. I finally said "to hell with it" and started focusing on my models again. Everyone else is going to have to wait. It's time for "me" now. I honestly feel more relaxed and less stressed since I started building again.

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 02:16 AM UTC
Penny , it's so nice to have you here . The guy's seem a little on the weird side at times and they have a thing for beef . Glad to here you are feeling more relax . I know the feeling all to well when to much is on the plate with fist full of hair ! Life is very frustrating at times and I do find this to be a very relaxing hobby . I was really on the bored side and I pick up a kit at a yard sale ( my are pack and have been shipped to new home ) out side of the norm on which I build so I'm trying a custom chopper in 1/12 scale . hopeful with some luck it will turn out alright .

Andy , OUCH hope you are feeling better soon . This round is on me mate !

Rounds for everyone !!!
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 02:44 AM UTC
Chopper? As in two wheels and a bearded guy showing his armpits to the world?

Those give freedom for artistic licence, and weathering shouldn't be a major task. But if you have questions about parts, I do know a thing or two about 1:1 bikes. Just ask!

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 03:16 AM UTC
[quote]quote]Chopper? As in two wheels and a bearded guy showing his armpits to the world?

Well not a guy but hot looking chic !!!! yes Tony two wheels . First time building a model of one . I'm doing it online over in the auto section . I needed something to build and the kit was only 5 bucks and I still have my paints and tools here so why not . Any help would be great .
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 09:29 AM UTC
Panties on the light shade, have I missed something, hey Terri, who's your friend, and what is that you're building, you must have got that kit cheap, someones lost the wings.
Nice to meet you Penny.
Soft food delivery for Andy - home made Lasagne and a drop of Chianti (choice of white or red) for those who want it.
Still swearing at gliders (now a Grob109B and a Revell ASK 21) I hate gloss white paint , working away for rest of the week so I should be online from my hotel room in Scotland
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 10:46 AM UTC
Here I am peeking back into the cafe. . .seems quiet. . . smells like blue denim and sandalwood? Floors cleaned, pots and pans shining brightly. Kitchen spotless. . .tables cleaned and set. A grocery list has been posted of items used during the party. Well now this is a bit refereshing.

Heading to my office to start making phone orders for stock. . .WHAT THE. . .? My office, everythings been sorted and filed and, and, and there are 87 pairs of panties nailed to the tongue and groove paneling of south wall. Alright ladies. fun is fun but this is overwhelming. I hope Rowan dosen't see this. . .Maybe he won't find out. He is out of town.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 01:13 PM UTC
Sorry about the paper work , but we got just a tad carried away of the clean up and couldn't leave it like it was . We did replenish the grocery list . The list should have been tossed .

We would like to thank you for the use of the place for our gathering Stephen . every one had a great time . Now about the panties on the wall , I have no comment on that issue do to any thing I say will incriminate me and others as well !!!! What Rowan don't know , won't harm him at all !

OH my god ,, grabs the panties from off the light shade and quickly shoves them in my purse , was wondering what happened to thoughs !

Andrew , now , now surrendering is not in a modelers greed now !

This is what I'm working on now . I couldn't control my self and not having any of my kits here I needed something to do .

The front forks where lengthened using what I had on hand . styrene plastic tubing with brass rod inside for added strength . I'm doing this on line in the auto forums . I just don't have the hairy biker to go with it .
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 09:31 PM UTC
Well, that looks like my friends Panhead -48. It's in the same shape too, every winter. He's got a shorter fork for roadhandling though. The long ones are ok on the long hauls, but not if you want to humiliate sports bikers .

I can't help you with the lack of hairy biker. Aint got no hair, and haven't had for ages. It left me in the early nineties, but I dont miss it. gets too hot in the helmet, not to mention the beauty of helmet hair...

Will check in at automodeller along the way Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 12:39 AM UTC
Thanks Tony ! I don't know anything about manchines at all . Like jumping into the pond with out knowing how deep it really is . It's different model skills that for sure but it's a great challenge for those . Far different then building a mountain bike as well , which I have done that many times . Just as costly as well !
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 03:28 AM UTC
Yup. If I could force myself to stop by the cafe with my bike I'd show you where they are clean and where they are dirty. But the roads around are too fun, so I'm too busy driving.

Sorry 'bout that, but I guess we should have put the café along straighter and more boring roads.

Yeehaa! RrrrrooooAAAAARRRRR, Screeeech, gone....

Tony