Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Modeling cafe
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 01:28 PM UTC
Wow , now that's a fantastic menu there Stephen , but way beef ? I'm unable to enjoy this do to having stomach cancer , no red meat or anything spicy any more . It sucks but how about throwing some pork ribs on the BBQ .
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 03:50 PM UTC
Well guy's , I'm very sadden right now . Hobby bench is all packed up now . Nothing to build in site and it's killing me here ! All readying starting to miss the building and starting the Pfalz D.III . ( calls bar keep over ) double rum and sprite with a twist of lime please !

Yes I'm crying the modelling blues , would any one like to cry with me ?
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 831 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 07:42 PM UTC
Oh sorry Terri. I'm in the high modelling spirit right now, but I can put on an old Sinatra for you. "Come cry with me, let's cry, let's cry, let's cry!"

You'll get over the blues. In three days time you're so confused by the "new" world you don't know which way your nose points. Just hang in there! And if not - I might have business in Bixby ,Oklahoma later this year. You wouldn't want me showing up with another bottle of Moutai, now would you?

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 - 02:50 AM UTC
Old Sinatra will do just fine there Tony ! More then welcome to come by the ranch for a spell ya here ! Oh and bring a few bottles with you .
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 - 07:51 PM UTC
When's the move happening Terri? is it going to be a long stretch with out modelling?

Andy
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 01:36 AM UTC
Orders Andy a pint , my last day of work is on the 28 of this month and I leave here on March 11 . It will be about 4 days of driving . Not sure when I will be back in front of the work bench , but I'm hoping with in month . Hobby bench is all packed up now . Didn't realize that I had so much until I had to pack it all up .
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 04:19 PM UTC
Kitchen fire! Kitchen fire! Get me the extinguisher!!! Not the water! get me the dry chem%&##@*(U()($^%#%(^%^*&%&%!!!!&*(TY^(*(^&^%^#!!!!!. . .cough cough , gag! Hack! . . . . Motherpusbucket!!! Smoke, hack, gag! Ppfpffpfttt. . .cough, cough !! Great ! Char-broiled chili. Is everyone ok? Cough, cough! Hack! Stove is off. Don't touch the pot its red hot. . .

Fire is out! Somebody open a window.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 04:44 PM UTC
Runs to the closet window ............opens it . Turns on the ceiling fans and opens back door ...Stephen !!!! are you alright ? What the h#ll , I told you it was to much peppers in there !! No more drinking when you are in the kitchen .
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 08:56 PM UTC
Uh huh! Seems like you're more sa-moooukin' than Jim Carrey in "The Mask", Stephen. Why don't we take that as tonights main movie event! If people can stand Carrey, that is....

Tony
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 05:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Uh huh! Seems like you're more sa-moooukin' than Jim Carrey in "The Mask", Stephen. Why don't we take that as tonight's main movie event! If people can stand Carrey, that is.... Tony

Ok its "Liar, Liar", "Me,myself and Irene" and Ace Ventura Pet Detective II - Call of the Wild" Just for the grins of it we will do the bootleg uncut versions. (They used a real Rhino for that Ace Ventura scene.)

The food fare will be Hamburgers and Hot dogs with all the fixins including left over chili. For sides we'll do Potato chips and mustard potato salad. Lemonade, Ice cold Coca Cola and Pepsi products. Next Deviled eggs, barbequed chicken and beef steaks. Avacado and Ranch dips. Meat sauces will be the ever popular Chipotle 57 smoke and Tenneman's finest.

Dessert will be . . . Starwberry shortcake (frozen strawberries of course) with mounds of ice cream or whipped cream.

Coffee will be a smooth India Daqeria blend of their very darkest roast. Bailey's Cream and Maraposa Tequila will be at the bar in copious amounts. The cigars will be an Emperor variation of ther Madagascar Heron brand. And a 120 year old Kentucky Bourbon (Jack Daniels Northern Brewery) will be available for those who wish to indulge with their cigars.
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 11:23 PM UTC
That sounds just fine Stephen. I just hope you don't mind if I huff and puff on my pipe instead of cigars. I smoke one cigar a year, together with champagne or scotch. It feels good to set the new years pace with combined sins!

Tony
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 01:10 AM UTC
Do hope smoking isn't compulsory, or i'll have to depart. Gave tobacco up 5 and a half years ago, nothing would force me back!!

If only i could loose the weight i put on!!

Andy
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 01:18 AM UTC
No problem Andy. As I said, I only smoke cigars to the newyear fireworks, and that's outside. I only smoke my pipe "in the field", and that's also outside (or maybe in a platoon size tent) .

You'll find me sitting outside the cafe, like an old indian chief, preferably on top of something. Car hood, trash can or suitcase. Just make a detour around me, and you'll be fine. I'll be holding Stephen firmly there too until his Habana is out!

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 03:23 AM UTC
I will join in on a nice cigar with you gent's ! I f that is alright with you ?

Good for you Andy on the quiting !!!! Thanks for a really great selection on the menu Stephen ! some thing there for every one ! ( don't use the the frozen strawberries ) Fresh ones are on the way !

AHHHHHHHHHHH , moment on the lips , life time on the hips ! I hear you on that one Andy .

Jim Carrey of all people , why Tony why ? Why must you torture us so !!! ( Tony pipes up .........because I can !!! )
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 05:27 AM UTC
Oh yeah! I can! Puff-puff! And for you with sensitive noses, it IS just tobacco!

Tony
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 - 07:12 AM UTC
....I think that I'll stick to two of my other "sins" then, Guinness and single malts. I gladly leave the huffing and puffing to the professionals, gave that up MANY a blue moon ago, think that it was around the first crusade to the Holy Land....
Next round on me cats and kittens...

Poors a Laphroaig and gets back to his Rockabilly.....
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 08:52 AM UTC
Evening all, I heard the sweet music of Laphroaig, I'll take a dram of that. I'd like to suggest that tonights first movie is a fast moving comedy of those brave medics in Korea starring Elliott Gould and.... need I go on? Drinks are Medicinal Alcohol and Orange, see ole Painless for a whiff of Nitrous Oxide and guys.. watch for the shower tent
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 09:00 AM UTC
Now that was bad timing. I saw MASH at home by my lonesome the other night. Without oranges though. Can you stand someone humming the lines from behind, or should I stay out with my pipe?

"Oh, kiss my hot lips!"

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 02:13 AM UTC
you can hum the lines all you want Tony ..............I'm sure the rest of us will do the same .

so what will be on the menu ?
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 08:26 AM UTC
Oh bummer, this is a day too late! Yesterday was the end of fast, shrove tuesday. Todays main course will be in someone elses hands, but to the coffee it will be a traditional swedish semla, which is the thing to break fast with. Not that I'm very religious, but anyway.

We'll take a straight wheat bun. Chop the top off, to create a lid. Dig the centre out of the bun and fill it with ground sweet almonds (and syrup and stuff). Finally we put a big lump of whipped cream on the almonds, put the lid back and sprinkle some icing sugar on top of the whole shebang. Did Terri say "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"? Well, here you go Terri. This is it! The killer!

Now, after that, lets sit down, let the whole thing settle and say "what's BMI anyway?"

Tony
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 05:21 PM UTC
Greetings all;

Tom it sounds like a great aparatif' (sp)

For the main course tonight Irish stew with lots of potatoes, stew meats and ripe tomatoes. To bring up the flavor it will be spiced with Louisianna hot sauce from the Thebideau Bayou. Smokey and a bit of a kick. Fresh bread and block cheeses of different types. Cheddars, Colbys, American with jalepanos. Bean & beef burritos are a side order but garaunteed fresh & hot. Beans and Canjun rice.

We will go with a German Chocolate cake (5 layers) and a Schwartzwalde Kirschtorte (pan cooked Chocolate cake with cherries and sauce.) Fresh churned vanilla ice cream and hot fudge to add.

Tom's Swedish coffee and Greek Olympia conigac (it has a cherry liquer base). The cigars are a Brazilian import that were soaked in conigac during manufacture. They were made on the bare thighs of young fem-nubiles from the Bettina School for girls, high in the Andes.

The movies tonight. . . Young Frankenstein with the 36 minute "making of clip" and Beetlejuice.
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 08:09 PM UTC
What an excellent menu for tonight Stephen. Shame about the coffee - smells so good, but i've given it up for lent. Can we save some of the beans for after easter?

Andy
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:39 AM UTC
Terri

Enjoy your last day at work. Hope you get a good send off.

Drinks for all on me in celebration.

Andy
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 - 01:37 PM UTC
Thanks Andy ! I have one more day left to go and then that's it
Looking forward to going back home for a few days and see the folks . then on the 7TH of March I'm off to see the Eagles concert . Hit the road on the 11th and will not miss the snow in the least bit ! Nor the cold !!!!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 - 04:12 PM UTC
I talked to Richard (Wholesale supply manager) at Squadron mail order today. (He is from Minnisota). He said Dallas was grey and overcast with cold settling in. Though he is not worried about the cold he says he is not ready for the summer heat there. I told him I used to start at 3AM when I ran a lumber yard south of Dallas back in 1984-88. Sometimes it would be 105 degrees by 10AM. Miserable weather to swing a hammer in.

I miss Corpus Christi TX except in hurricane season.