_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Fokker D VII Alb/OAW/Fokker...which is which?
Dwaynewilly
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 365 posts
AeroScale: 344 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 - 02:02 PM UTC
Boys and Girls,

How can one tell the difference between all these manufacturers of the D VII? With the advent of the Eduard weekend kit comes the question of which ones can be assembled with whats included? I have both Dual Combo Fokker D VII's from Eduard and they each have a common fuselage and a specific one in the box. It seems to me that the specific one is obviously that manufacturer but can the common fuselage be used for both? I have a few aftermarket decal sheets and would like to know which fuselage to use for Alb,OAW or Fokker versions.

Thanks, Dwayne
P.S. It seems to me that the instructions for the weekend kit use the wrong intake manifold for the BMW engine.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 - 03:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Boys and Girls,
How can one tell the difference between all these manufacturers of the D VII?

It takes good references Dwayne. But each manufacturer had "hallmarks" in their building runs or batches.

Quoted Text

With the advent of the Eduard weekend kit comes the question of which ones can be assembled with whats included?

The weekend kit has as I said in the review parts for the early or very late Schwerin (parent company) Fokker manufacturer. The decals are only for the late version in the 5xxx - 5149/18 series.

Quoted Text

I have both Dual Combo Fokker D VII's from Eduard and they each have a common fuselage and a specific one in the box. It seems to me that the specific one is obviously that manufacturer but can the common fuselage be used for both? I have a few aftermarket decal sheets and would like to know which fuselage to use for Alb,OAW or Fokker versions.

These kits have parts for;
Kit #8131 is the OAW versions (late and early - mid productions)
Kit #8132 is the Schwerin versions (late and early production)
Kit #8133 Combo is the Schwerin versions (late and early production)
Kit #8134 Combo is the Alb. versions ( late and early production)
Kit # 8482 Weekend is the Schwerin versions (late and early production)

Quoted Text

It seems to me that the instructions for the weekend kit use the wrong intake manifold for the BMW engine.

I mentioned this in my comments on this build.
Click here.

Just for the sake of having them in one place. For more reading on the various license built Fokker D.VII represented in kit form.
Click here
Click Here II
Click Here III
Click Here IV
Click Here V
Click Here VI
 _GOTOTOP