_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
WNW 2009 -10 Alb. D.Va Keith G
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 - 11:36 PM UTC
Thanks guys, I'm really on the home straight with this now, just those few detais to add and a little weathering, a coat of laquer here and there and its back to finish the Dr.I off before dusting down the SE5a (Gulps at the thought of rigging that) unless I resume the DIII (OAW) and keep Albifever high.

Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 01:40 AM UTC
Hi Keith:

Really looking good, I like the black and white picture as well, real period looking. I like the scheme, looks better 'in person' than in the drawings. Do the DIII, and keep albatrimania alive.

Best
Mark
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 01:49 AM UTC
Kornbeef , 99.0 % finsihed ! I'm excited here this will be a first which we have all been waiting for .

Excellent build Keith Super job done on the rigging and you where worried about it . The SE5a will be a piece of cake for you now
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 07:05 AM UTC
Looks fantastic, I love how you did the paint over on the crosses.
67foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 36 posts
AeroScale: 35 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 06:24 PM UTC
Keith,

Great job on your D.Va!

One of the things that really makes your build stand out is the small latches and springs that you added to the front cowlings. Were they PE or scratch build?

Anyway, the WNW kits are wonderful canvases where those added details make them come alive.

Bravo!

Oh yea, and the rest of the build aint bad either!

Dave
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 06:49 PM UTC
Hi Kieth,

Great job – very, very nice, and very convincing paintjob overall. I do like your rigging! – Congratulations on finishing

Mikael
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 08:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Keith,

Great job on your D.Va!

One of the things that really makes your build stand out is the small latches and springs that you added to the front cowlings. Were they PE or scratch build?

Anyway, the WNW kits are wonderful canvases where those added details make them come alive.

Bravo!

Oh yea, and the rest of the build aint bad either!

Dave

Dave, thanks.

The latches were a mix, the ends of the WNW PE (from both kits, I bought 2) and the straps are plasticard, the small central latch is scratch from plasticard. I could have and should have detailed the retaining strap catches a little better.

And yes you are right, the WNW are wonderful kits, build so nicely and perfect for the AMS sufferers to let their affliction run free on.

There are litle errors and ommisions we would like to see but at what cost, I'm sure the WNW team weighed all this up when they set the balances out for their products. Apart from the warpage which again wasnt hard to fix there was nothing that wouldnt stop a reasonably skilled builder from building a beautiful example. I do look forwards to the enhanced kits that there is word they are looking to produce or to see what Eduard or P of P produce to support these kits before I shell out for the DV though

Mikael, Thanks, yes once I got my mindset right the rigging wasnt half the terror I was expecting it to be, just time consuming making all the eyelets and drilling out the tubing.

Thanks guys.

Keith
 _GOTOTOP