_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
KotS GB 2011 Alb D.V, CaptainA
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 01:38 PM UTC
Thanks. It does grab ones attention.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 01:52 PM UTC
Wow Carl! Nicely done. Its good to have you here again and we are all very happy to see you active. So the Albies are finished and your doing an SE 5a?. Model On!
vulkanizer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 144 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 11:04 PM UTC
Beautiful is your Albatros heaven Carl, beautiful
dmopath
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 175 posts
AeroScale: 174 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 09:26 AM UTC
For the amount of time I've been fiddling around with one kit, you've managed to crank out three beauties

Truly magnificent. A hearty congratulations and a toast (or five)
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 09:41 AM UTC
Very nice Carl. It would appear that the colour schemes available for Albatross' are almost infinite! I think one could build nothing but WW1 aircraft for many years and never even go close to getting bored with their colour schemes.
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 11:51 AM UTC
Lovely Albatri Captain. All a labour of love.

Keith
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 01:33 AM UTC
Hi Carl:

Very striking aircraft. The yellow one is very distinct with the morse code "AH", did your grandfather fly that one?
Thanks for posting.

Best

Mark
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 08:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Carl:

Very striking aircraft. The yellow one is very distinct with the morse code "AH", did your grandfather fly that one?
Thanks for posting.

Best

Mark

No. My grandfather was a connoneer in Harry Trumans platoon and later, his battery. I have not been able to make a deffinatative connection between Ernst von Althaus and my family. My Prussian roots are very tall, and Hussar Althaus was short. So I really doubt we are closely related.

Quoted Text

For the amount of time I've been fiddling around with one kit, you've managed to crank out three beauties

I started Osterkamps D.III almost two years ago. The Yellow bird was for last years WNW GB. So these guys have been waiting very patiently on the side desk while I have been tinkering and laying flat on my back. It really feels good to get them finished and lovingly placed in their shelves of honor.

Quoted Text

Beautiful is your Albatros heaven Carl, beautiful

Thanks. An albatros was the first model I ever purchased some 45 years ago. Even back then I thought they were the most elegant and beautiful of all aircraft. To get them finished in flamboyant and garish schemes like these makes me feel great. And I do appreciate your compliment.

Quoted Text

Very nice Carl. It would appear that the colour schemes available for Albatross' are almost infinite! I think one could build nothing but WW1 aircraft for many years and never even go close to getting bored with their colour schemes.

I have the decals for the Jasta 5 Demon. I am anxious to do it. This WNW kit is fantastic. And the abundance of decals is enough to keep a person interested in multiple builds. I love the natural wood Albies and the ones with loz. So I do see at least three more builds as soon as my wife leaves the card laying around unguarded.This is a great time to be a WWI Modeler. Thanks to WNW and Pheon Decals.

Quoted Text

Lovely Albatri Captain. All a labour of love.

Yes it was. And I know you have a special understanding of what a labor of love is.

Thanks for all the encouragment, well wishes, and compliments. They really mean a lot to me as I am trying to get through this recovery period. It is not fun to go through a surgery like I had, and the thought of getting back to the desk and on line really helped me through it. You are all great friends, and I don't know if you all know what you have meant to me over the last 9 months. Thanks
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 09:50 PM UTC
Very nice lineup of Albies Carl Congrautulations on a very fine finish on all of them.

My favourite is the Pheon Bavarian – This has to be one of the most colourful planes of the Great War.

Mikael
USCHIvdROSTEN
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 64 posts
AeroScale: 57 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 04:49 AM UTC
Very nice! Congrats!
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 07:08 AM UTC
Mikael and Alex, Thanks.

Do I hear Mr. Gotha calling?
RAGIII
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
AeroScale: 600 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 02:14 AM UTC
sorry I am a bit late in commenting. Beautiful albatri!
RAGIII
 _GOTOTOP