_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
KotS GB 2012 Albatros D.V - lcarroll
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 04:41 AM UTC
Oops, Flieger Horst screwed up again! Judging from the position of the control surfaces the joystick should be in the front right corner of the cockpit, but Horst rigged it so it's dead centre.

I'd be afraid to fly that airplane...
But could it be that Horst is actually a British spy, doing his simple best to keep the Luftstreitkräfte on the ground, or possibly embedded into it?

Oh, feck, I blew his cover!
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 08:24 AM UTC
Jessie,
The stick is actually positioned to the right, but not all the way. It's a clever trick to confuse any spies who may gain access to the hangar! Here is a shot on installation..............

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
While I'm here, this for Kornbeef; thanks for the reminder Keith, I would have missed it without!

and a few of several placed on the Campaign Site...

I'll be back for the next one for sure, great Campaign, great Builds, and excellent company!!
Cheers All,
Lance
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 10:19 AM UTC
Well that proves how good a spy I would have been. I guess it's a good thing that I don't work for CSIS isn't it?
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 02:36 PM UTC
It's all FUN Jessie, and all good! Wish we could know more "for sures" when it comes to this little niche of history. Hard to believe the 100th Anniv. of the start of this conflict is so close...............
Cheers,
Lance
 _GOTOTOP