_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Needed; commited modelers
Hatter50
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 478 posts
AeroScale: 391 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 11:41 AM UTC
Hmmmmmmmmmm, looks like a "dog bone" to my Abbie. She just ain't-a-gonna make it I'm afraid. More work done on the SE5a, but she will probably get done at "my pace" also.

Stephen............you can go ahead and put my Albie down into the huddled masses......

Committed? like in an insane asylum? Maybe that's me?

Regards
Steve
RAGIII
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 604 posts
AeroScale: 600 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 04:26 PM UTC
Stephen, As much as I hate to admit it, I see no way I will finish the SPAD. I am trying but perhaps I bit off more than I could chew in the timeframe since I finished the Albie. As you know, and now the others reading this, I have an Albatros DI (Roden 1/32nd) and the Eduard Fokker Dr.I dual combo to build for Internet Modeler. All are nearing completion and the SPAD is progressing, but I only have limited time for modeling. Besides, the Atmospheric pressure has been all wrong for Left Handed Modelers, and MY DOG ate MY INstructions................................................................
RAGIII
MerlinV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 608 posts
AeroScale: 602 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 05:14 PM UTC
I have a sneaking suspicion that although I will get very close, I may also fall short of a finish on my SE5a. I will give it my best shot though...

Cheers,

Hugh
Kalt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 222 posts
AeroScale: 219 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 05:37 PM UTC
I am spending every free time I have to finish the Fokker but you know me, I'm a very very slow builder
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 05:50 AM UTC
Are we talking an extension of the deadline?
Hatter50
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 10:38 AM UTC
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, now THAT is a thought.

Regards
Steve
MerlinV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 608 posts
AeroScale: 602 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 11:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Are we talking an extension of the deadline?

I was not suggesting this Stephen, unless a rash of new kits was released there seems to be little point... other than to see Kalt finsh.
Those of us that have purchased our own kits and then been invited to join in really have no call to suggest an extension... but one more week would see me right.

You might want to PM Mark and Kalt and see what they think.

Cheers,

Hugh
Hatter50
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009 - 03:03 AM UTC
It really doesnt make any difference to me...........I bought my own kit.........and will finish it.........all in my own time. But it is COOL to have the comraderie here in the group build. Pats-on-the-back and pick-me-ups during stumbles.

It's a pleasant place to be.

Regards
Steve
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009 - 03:25 AM UTC
My 2 cents which works out to less then a penny with the exchange rate !

I would love to keep seeing the wonderful builds going on in the GB . Every one has done a fantastic job , craftsmanship is some thing else ! The ups and yes even the downs have been a great learning curve . My hat off to all of you .

come on Stephen , please give them more time !

okay I'll shut up now !
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009 - 04:44 PM UTC
So Rick, Mark & Kalt what say you?
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 01:16 AM UTC
Stephen,

Another week would be great but I still think I can finish by the deadline. Whatever you decide is fine with me.

Mark
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 09:58 AM UTC
Y'all need some speedbuilding lessons?
Kalt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 222 posts
AeroScale: 219 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 02:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Stephen,

Another week would be great but I still think I can finish by the deadline. Whatever you decide is fine with me.

Mark

I agree with Mark.

Yesterday I was informed that I have to replace a colleague in a History Congress at Chile. I will return Tuesday morning.
Anyway, the model is almost ready I will need only a couple of days to finish it.

Best regards,

Claudio

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 05:05 PM UTC
Very well. The Roden 1/32 Group Build final extension is . . .drum roll please. . .February 28, 2009. BUT we can accept no further builds. After that - the axe must fall ya'll.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 - 04:06 PM UTC
Greetings dear forumites.

It is so seldom we get to put a face to the great people that have been so helpful to our hobby time. At the recent Nurnberg Toy fair 2009 we sent our man "Jean - Luc" on a mission. Here in this image we have our man at far left with the owners / operators of Roden. The fine folks that gave us the kits that we started this GB with. Jean - Luc comments: "Roden This was one of the most enjoyable appointment of the fair. I met Olga and Vladimir Chumak at their stand and transmitted Aeroscale's best wishes. . . Of course they are willing to continue to work with us. . .

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 02:11 PM UTC
Coming close to the end. One week left good folk.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 03:06 PM UTC
In the GB reviews on Roden the 7 @ 1/32 Roden kits has grown to 14 large scale Roden WWI kits. The deadline is Feb. 28, 2009.

First one finished with a stunning Nieu. 28 C. build was our good man Lars Qvarfordt.

The next was the incredible Brad Cancian and his rendition of Fok. F.I 103/17.

Third in completed status is Rick Geisler's excellent Alb. D.III.

Fourth is Lars Qvarfordt again with his beautiful Pfalz D.III.

Fifth is Hugh Coleman's impressive Fok. F.I 103/17.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 03:34 PM UTC
Sixth is my Fokker D.VI 1668/18 - Done!

Seventh is my SE 5a in AEF livery - Done!

Eighth build completed is Lara's beautiful Albatros D.I - Done!

Ninth is The excellent red and white striped Alb. D.III (OAW) by Carl Althaus (CaptA).

Tenth is The Very cool SE 5a w/ Hisso characteristic in Home Defense markings by Mark Hamrick.

So far, so very good.
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 11:42 PM UTC
Beautiful work by all, I found this build very inspiring to watch. A shame I discovered it so late as I would have loved to take part. Still it drove me to post some of my work and put my name down for Terri's Camel vs DRI & Stripes in the sky campains.

Really was some jaw dropping builds done in this campain and the knowledge given too was awesome. Thank you all who took part for giving me the pleasure of seeing your work.

Keith
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 - 06:15 AM UTC
Thanks Keith
It was very, do I didn´t want to enter iff you read the first lines when Stephen started this. But I was no better than rethink when I got my hands on the Ne 28.
I will do it again if...............................................................
Thanks to all others

Larsa Q
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 - 06:56 AM UTC
My next job will be to put hyperlinks with the above images and send it off in a final report to the good folks at Roden. The links will take them to the buiilds. Keep your images up there folks they may want to post a few on their site.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 05:18 PM UTC
Greetings all;
As I get ready to pull the plug on this Group Build I would like to add a few comments tonight.

First and foremost I must thank again the wonderful people at Roden who went above and beyond to help sponsor this effort. Where else on the World Wide Web could you go to get this kind of co-operation from a kit manufacturer? Thank You Roden for your kind assistance and support.

Next I want to thank each and everyone of you who participated. Whether it was with the builds or encouragements when each one of us hit a rough spot . This usually was with the build or in our own personal lives. Several of us lost loved ones or had life intervene. The Aeroscale membership really hit a home run with this GB. And its because of them it was so enjoyable.

Thirdly I want to thank Rowan (Merllin the magnificent) Baylies and Jim (What is Lawson doing now!) Starkweather. For their patience and understanding with this effort. Nowhere else could a kit manufacturer find a better friend than these two fellows. Nowhere on the World Wide Web could a forum enjoy such freedom is a specialized GB.

Next I want to thank all of the participant builders. Everyone dedicated so much of their lives to their kit and gave so much to all of us about how they achieved their results. We have a great crew and very talented lot of builders. Whether you finished the build within the time alotted or not, you still have my admiration and respect for your efforts.

A special mention to our good fellow Lars Qvarfordt. A builder extrodinaire with several completed builds. Most impressive work in an amazing output of kits.

So gentle folk as we move on to other efforts, I hope we can look back on these builds as a benchmark for the kits that await each iof us in out own stashes. It has been a great ride and until next time I'll see you over the salient on the next patrol over the lines.

JackFlash outbound at Angels Seven. . .
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 08:00 PM UTC
Finished after the deadline but still worthy of inclusion here.

Claudio Kalicinski has proven once again that he has a masterful hand with any kit that lays on his bench.
 _GOTOTOP