_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Campaign Luftwaffe 1946
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 12:34 AM UTC
Mike,

Where do we post our pictures for the ribbon?

Mark
Skyfire
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Montevideo, Uruguay
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 10:40 AM UTC
Dear Sirs/Madams,

Hi! First of all I have to congratulate you for the excellent website you have here!
My name is Diego Orozco and I am from Montevideo, Uruguay and member of IPMS Uruguay.
I am a fan of this hobby since I was very young (10?) (today 32) and also a hard one of the Luftwaffe and Luftwaffe 1946 as topics for building model kits.

I have to thank our friend here, FalkeEins for inviting me (at LEMB)a lot of months ago to join the Luft46 modelling Campaing here at Aeroscale, but, as I was finishing my time at the University, I completely forgot it

I would be very happy to be able to join this campaign buy I am afraid I am a bit late, right?
At the present time I am starting a Special Hobby Blohm and Voss P.215 1/72 scale, a gift from a good friend at LEMB

By the way, I also have to thank again FalkeEins for publishing pictures of my 1/72 resin Me-1101 Gelb 14 of the 1./JG-27 (representing the aircraft of Hans-Joachim Marseille) model kit and I would like to add some more pics of the kit for you:

If you wish, I will leave here for you, the link to the step by step building process at the IPMS Uruguay Luftwaffe's forum:
http://www.ipmsuruguay.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=1849&start=0

And, I would like to show you my last Luft46 model, a Revell Germany, 1/72 Arado 555 of the I/KG.100:

Well mates, that all for my first post here, I am very happy to be around and my apologies if I am not posting in the right place for a user presentation.

Cheers!!

Diego Orozco.
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 04:03 PM UTC
Diego, very nice work you have there. That desert camoflage is really sharp. Russell
egremo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Argentina
KitMaker: 6 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 02:22 AM UTC
Hello, my name is Ernesto Gremoliche, Argentina, just that I find on the Luft 46 campaign through a post by Diego Orozco.

Despite being a bit late did not want to stop participating, but not before congratulating them for the excellent initiative and the work presented here, which are motivating.

I share with you this Horten Go 229 from Revell in scale 1 / 72 to end in November 2009

Greetings to all!
Skyfire
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 05:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Diego, very nice work you have there. That desert camoflage is really sharp. Russell

Hi Russell!!

Thank you very much for your kind words!!

And I don't want to forget to congratule our fellow campaing members for the kits presented here!

Cheers!!

Diego O.

And welcome Ernesto too!! glad to have you around your Gotha 229 is an excellent work!
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 12:23 PM UTC
Ernesto, great work. I've built the same kit as Blue 4. Again great job! Russell
egremo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Argentina
KitMaker: 6 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 08:00 AM UTC
Russell, thanks for your comment, the scheme Blue 4 seemed very interesting, it was hard to decide one way or another, plus lets you play around with the layout and add a personal touch
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 05:13 PM UTC
Here are couple shots of Blue 4, my Gotha 229 I built a couple of years ago. Thought I'd share them here since Ernesto put his up. Enjoy. Russell

P.S. Sorry about the dust on the model! Yikes!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 09:00 PM UTC
Hi there

Some great looking new stuff! Fantastic builds! Well done everyone!

I haven't had a chance to take any proper photos yet of my Flitzer. I was planning to try a bit of Photoshop trickery to set the beast against some suitable backgrounds, but of course there's just been to much other stuff to do. With the extended deadline looming I'll just take a couple of shots "as is" this afternoon.

All the best

Rowan
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 05:22 AM UTC
Hi again

Albeit later than I'd hoped, here are a couple of shots of the Flitzer:

In terms of construction it's finished, but getting it down off the shelf and seeing it cold after a week or so away from it, I've inevitably spotted a few little tweeks I'd like to make. The canopy isn't attached permanently yet, because I still want to have a play at doing some "in-flight" shots if time permits.

All the best

Rowan
doubtingthomas
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 156 posts
AeroScale: 153 posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 02:07 PM UTC
Great builds, guys! I'm glad there was an extension so we could see this stuff (and so I could actually finish my entry!).

Ernesto - Nice, clean work on the Go229. Out of all the kits I've ever seen built of this, I think you're the first I've seen to go with an RLM 74/75 splinter, and I think it looks great.

Merlin - Bravo on the Flitzer. Looks ready to go into battle over Tunisia. Any chance of a pic with more of the profile? Thanks!
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 09:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Any chance of a pic with more of the profile?

Hi Tom

I'm afraid this is the best I can offer at the moment:

Don't worry, I'll do a proper photo-session as soon as I get a chance. My free time this week will be taken up on reviews etc. so it'll probably have to wait until next weekend.

All the best

Rowan

AirLedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 292 posts
AeroScale: 265 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 02:23 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

Well yesterday was the final day of the campaign and seeing as nobody asked for any more time to finish, I guess we can call it a day

Let's start with the official business: out of the 32 who initially enlisted 8 have finished and posted a photo in the official campaign gallery (and have already received their ribbons). They are:

doubtingthomas
AirLedge
eMan
SGTJKJ
VonCuda
mj
KAYELL
Nito74

Another 5 have finished but not posted a photo here - Official campaign gallery
They are:
dcandal
JollyRoger
Grenadier37
Merlin
guitarlute101

I'll PM them a reminder to post in the gallery.

All in all I think it's been a really interesting campaign and I'd like to thank everyone for participating. The standard of models has been great with some weird and wonderful aircraft and paint schemes. Congratulations to all of you

P.S @ Ernesto and Diego: Thanks a lot for posting your work, it's really great. Unfortunately it's too late to qualify for a ribbon, but there are loads of great campaigns running at Aeroscale so you'll be spoilt for choice. Welcome to the best online modelling community!
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 01:33 PM UTC

Picture is posted. Thanks for the great campaign, Mike.

Mark
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 04:10 PM UTC
Super Campaign Mike, even though I wasn't involved I kept a close eye on the updates. Some excellent builds by all involved.

Cheers, D
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 02:28 AM UTC
Sorry sorry sorry, I totaly forgot about the gallery stuff. Just posted. Great models by the way.
Skyfire
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 09:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello everyone,

Well yesterday was the final day of the campaign and seeing as nobody asked for any more time to finish, I guess we can call it a day

Let's start with the official business: out of the 32 who initially enlisted 8 have finished and posted a photo in the official campaign gallery (and have already received their ribbons). They are:

doubtingthomas
AirLedge
eMan
SGTJKJ
VonCuda
mj
KAYELL
Nito74

Another 5 have finished but not posted a photo here - Official campaign gallery
They are:
dcandal
JollyRoger
Grenadier37
Merlin
guitarlute101

I'll PM them a reminder to post in the gallery.

All in all I think it's been a really interesting campaign and I'd like to thank everyone for participating. The standard of models has been great with some weird and wonderful aircraft and paint schemes. Congratulations to all of you

P.S @ Ernesto and Diego: Thanks a lot for posting your work, it's really great. Unfortunately it's too late to qualify for a ribbon, but there are loads of great campaigns running at Aeroscale so you'll be spoilt for choice. Welcome to the best online modelling community!

Hi mates!!

Your Welcome! unluckily I completely forgot the campaing when FalkeEins told me a lot of time ago
Building Luf46 models is one of my favourite model topics!
Let's hope that in the future there's another Luft46 model building campaign!

About the Flitzer! it looks great! (as also the other models!) I will keep the pics as reference for my Revell 1/72, the desert cammo looks great

Cheers!!

Diego O.
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 678 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 09:37 AM UTC
Well, I could use a few days more!

I have begun painting, so about one week to finished model!

Sorry, I missed this!

Cheers!

Stefan E
AirLedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 292 posts
AeroScale: 265 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 07:49 PM UTC
Hi all,

I've awarded the remaining ribbons, congratulations to everyone who participated.

@ Stefan: Post a photo of your finished model and maybe you'll get a nice surprise on your profile page

Thanks again,

Mike.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 02:17 AM UTC
Many thanks Mike

I've actually got a campaign-ribbon - my first new one in ages! Hopefully I'll add a few more this year.

All the best

Rowan
Ruffus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Guatemala
KitMaker: 343 posts
AeroScale: 111 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 01:59 PM UTC
Sorry I miss the deadline for this campaign, Completly forgot to post the photos, to much work, it slip my mind. at least I have another model in the shelf

Byron
Snorri23
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 514 posts
AeroScale: 244 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 09:52 AM UTC
I just found this campaign, I should be able to get something together, went to the sign up page no toggle
Snorri23
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 514 posts
AeroScale: 244 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 10:01 AM UTC
Dang it all, I missed this one.
 _GOTOTOP