Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
OFFICIAL: Those Radial Fighters Campaign
ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Joined: October 15, 2013
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
AeroScale: 107 posts
My finished Raiden. Done in the markings of the Tainan Flying Corp ca 1944. Because of the age and quality of this kit I did not put a lot of effort into it. I was very happily surprised that the decals had not yellowed.

Sleepwalker71
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
Joined: August 30, 2012
KitMaker: 265 posts
AeroScale: 72 posts
All my build have been derailed by a knee injury, but I'm trying to keep up the deadline with my Zero.
The underside is done. Painted with XF-76 followed by two lighter shades of the base colour and touch of flat brown patterned with airbrush stencil. On top of that blending coat of base colour. Tomorrow topside.

Bigrip74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Joined: February 22, 2008
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
AeroScale: 2,811 posts
Damian, I understand and feel your pain. How are you sitting at a work area? The A6m is looking good.

Bob
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
Joined: July 26, 2013
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
AeroScale: 158 posts
Getting there. Landing gear, small bits and a few decals left. This aircraft was quickly repainted on arrival and most of the stenciling was obscured, as were the national insignia on the upper surfaces.

Sleepwalker71
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
Joined: August 30, 2012
KitMaker: 265 posts
AeroScale: 72 posts

Quoted Text

Damian, I understand and feel your pain. How are you sitting at a work area? The A6m is looking good.

Bob

Pain is not an issue. Seating is Some weird angles and games of tricks are doing a job: one and half weeks to back to, say, to normal.
PasiAhopelto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
Joined: October 01, 2016
KitMaker: 514 posts
AeroScale: 239 posts
Good builds above, and also completed mine:

I think these 1/32 Hasegawa planes have found perfect balance between level of detail and ease of assembly. Really like building them.

Thanks for the campaign.
Buckeye198
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Joined: May 02, 2010
KitMaker: 596 posts
AeroScale: 197 posts
Very impressed with the above builds! Painting is always my weak point so I always enjoy seeing some skillful airbrushing:
-Colin, excellent example of chipping around the panel lines
-John and Chaz, the Zekes are outstanding! That's a subject I still have yet to crack into, but you both are giving me some serious inspiration
-Shell, I love the (re)painting and the overall camo design

Keep up the good work everyone...my bench is all packed up for an upcoming move so I'm living vicariously through you all
Bigrip74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Joined: February 22, 2008
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
AeroScale: 2,811 posts
Very impressive builds EVERYONE!

I just pulled out the RUFE. What would have been my build for this campaign and glued the floats on. I keep looking at it and wonder if there is enough time, but with paint still needed to be done I will let it go.

Bob
Sleepwalker71
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
Joined: August 30, 2012
KitMaker: 265 posts
AeroScale: 72 posts
I think now there's no doubt that that plane served in the tropics. Here topside before the final base colour blend coat.

YankeeSteve
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
Joined: July 10, 2018
KitMaker: 52 posts
AeroScale: 51 posts
Thanks for a great campaign!! Congrats to all!!

Posted to the campaign's gallery.
eMan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Joined: August 08, 2002
KitMaker: 1,182 posts
AeroScale: 351 posts
More update pics, P-26 ready to paint.

Sleepwalker71
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
Joined: August 30, 2012
KitMaker: 265 posts
AeroScale: 72 posts
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Mexico, United States
Joined: November 17, 2008
KitMaker: 1,202 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts

Quoted Text

As the very humid weather these days makes airbrushing very tricky and setting my plan behind schedule, would it be possible a short deadline extension? Just a couple of days.

If the extension was a month I might get my model completed. If not, no problem as I will use it as my Hanger Queen build.
Take care and stay safe,
Don "Lakota"
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Joined: January 19, 2008
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
It's Bob's campaign, so it's his decision whether to grant a one month extension. Let me know!

Michael
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
Joined: July 26, 2013
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
AeroScale: 158 posts

Quoted Text

It's Bob's campaign, so it's his decision whether to grant a one month extension. Let me know!

Michael

I would be fine with even a week. We just got hit by a lot of rain and the Georgia heat is making it quite muggy for me as well. Also, our high school just announced they will be having a limited graduation ceremony Monday and my daughter's robe is covered with cords and ribbons and I want people to see what she accomplished, thus my weekend is all about her now.
eMan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Joined: August 08, 2002
KitMaker: 1,182 posts
AeroScale: 351 posts
Progress updating, almost done.

md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
Joined: November 05, 2005
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Sneaking up on the finish line.

Rig the antenna, Glue up the prop, gloss coat and I'm done.
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Joined: January 19, 2008
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
The Great Leader has approved.

One month extension, granted.

This campaign will now end on 5 July (to give a final weekend.) But that's it, so get cracking!

Michael
EHAM0624
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Joined: January 27, 2014
KitMaker: 200 posts
AeroScale: 85 posts
Hi all the extension make's me wonder if i will do a second for the is campaign,... (will be a first for me)

My local hobby shop had a garage sale in the form of Corona boxes (a box full with all sorts of models an some magazine's to get true the the time spent home,.. well i got a box with no less than 3 Corsairs and lost of other's) anyway my choice the Hasa for this and the Revell for the bent wing campaign

Old model,.. with damaged decals made me wonder if it would be something

After the easy build a layer of primer from the spray can and i tried to create a customized mask made from wall paper,..

And it came out pretty ok i thought, tatty decals i wondered would i try it or get a aftermarket set that is probably more expensive than the model so no brainer,.. just put it on

well,.. it came out ok

and next to the bent wings campaign entree

Thanks and keep those radials coming !

Lakota
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Mexico, United States
Joined: November 17, 2008
KitMaker: 1,202 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts

Quoted Text

The Great Leader has approved.

One month extension, granted.

This campaign will now end on 5 July (to give a final weekend.) But that's it, so get cracking!

Michael

Thanks!
Bigrip74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Joined: February 22, 2008
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
AeroScale: 2,811 posts
I will be able to finish my RUFE now.

Bob
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
Joined: November 05, 2005
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
HA! Fooled you. I didn't need another month. Got it done on time.
Airfix 1/72 Brewster F2A Buffalo, baged kit.

Built it wheels up to make use of the rare stand.

Pretty much out of the box.

However the underside window was missing from the kit and the carpet monster ate the propeller. Replacement window from aftermarket and propeller from the spares box.

It's done.
Sleepwalker71
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
Joined: August 30, 2012
KitMaker: 265 posts
AeroScale: 72 posts

Quoted Text

The Great Leader has approved.

One month extension, granted.

This campaign will now end on 5 July (to give a final weekend.) But that's it, so get cracking!

Michael

Thanks
eMan
_VISITCOMMUNITY