General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1/144 Scale modeling
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 - 11:59 AM UTC
Nice stuff everyone, flying the flag for 1/144. I have Revell's 1/144 F-104 in front of me that will be started over the weekend.
tim
Exequiel
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 54 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 - 12:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sweet build. I just bought two of the Sweet Mustang kits and can't wait to start them. How was your build?

oh my, i'm very, very sorry. must have been busy i forgot to make a reply on this one. the sweet kits i've built so far are.. well, sweet. didn't encounter much problems. fit was generally great. on hindsight, maybe i should've used plastic cards for that zero landing gear cover... i guess they are thick to scale. if there's any real complaint i had on the sweet zero, it would probably be masking the canopy. it really did put a strain on my mark 1 eyeballs. took me several nights of masking/remasking to be satisfied.
Exequiel
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 - 12:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Raphael really nice Zero, which Sweet set is that one from?

hi littorio, this would be the "green version".

very lovely works in progress you got back there by the way. same to you dirk! that b-24's coming along very nicely! :-)
denkmeyer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hungary
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 10:10 PM UTC
Hi!

My name is Denkmeyer, and I live in Hungary. I collect 1/144 scale 2nd WW airplanes, and AFVs (especially that fought on the hungarian soil and air) for wargameing.
Let me show some of my minis to you:

Academy He-111 H6 Royal Hungarian Air Force (Magyar Királyi Honvéd Légierő) with the before 1941 markings

Hungarian designed and built WM-23 Ezüstnyíl (silver arrow)fighter

scratch built

Mávag Héja (hungarian built Re-2000)scratch built

with the after 1941 national markings
hungarian built Me-210 Ca1 (WM, Szigetszentmiklós)

scratch built
And some of our enemy's planes:
Rumanian Iar-80 fighter scratch built
Note, that Transylvania is not Rumania!

soviet La-3 scratch built

And finally some of my AFVs:
Munitionschlepper Made of paper

Sd.Kfz. 250 alt made of paper

Panzerwerfer 42 auf Opel Maultier

With a Dragon CanDo Panter (1/144)
AFVs scratch built...

Achtrad scratch built

denkmeyer
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 500 posts
AeroScale: 243 posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 - 02:25 AM UTC
Denkmeyer,
That is an impressive collection you have going there. It is really Great to see folks doing different builds in this scale. Thanks for posting the photos and keep up the tremendous work. Keep Building...........Bruce
denkmeyer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hungary
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 - 11:00 PM UTC
Dear Bruce!

Thanks!
I'll show you my others soon.

Most of the modellers, when talking about the 2nd ww weapons, AFV's or airplanes, they think to the well known MG42, Sherman, Tiger, Me-109, Mustang, etc., but usually don't know too much about the other little counrties weapons, whos joined the war.
I'd like the people to know more about the other allies of the 3rd Reich whos fought bravely against the soviets, like Hungay, Slovakia, Rumania (the final two changed the side at the last war year). We had a lot of own developed good weapons (Király MG, Gebauer MG) and vehicles (Botond, Csaba, Zrínyi, Tas, Héja, Ezüstnyíl), not just the german designed, hungarian built (Me-210, Me-109)or german made things(PzIII, PzIV, PzV, PzVI).
That's why I show you those airplanes.
Sorry if I was too long...
denk
denkmeyer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hungary
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 01:34 AM UTC
I'd like to show you two very rare models of mine:

A hungarian Junkers Ju-86 bomber.
The painting and the decals made by me.

This model is a very interesting one.
It's scale is about 1/144
It is die casted aluminium, and made in Hungary in the 40's as an advertisement gift, a paperweight, or a toy, who knows?!
It's propellers are fixed by bolts.

The other one is a Matchbox -also die casted- 1/144 Ju-87 Stuka. It is from the '70s.

I changed it's wheels, and glued drop tanks, a canopy, and a bomb on it. This parts origin from a ,,crashed" Eduard 1/144 Ju-87B.

The painting is my childhood's art. Its original color was metal green topside, and white underside. The German national markings on the top of the wings(Balkenkreutz), and on the fin (Hakenkreutz)are original Matchbox.
(you can see the Matchbox R logo on the underside of the right wing)
Lucas
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 5 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 11:00 AM UTC
Great !

I love this scale, here some of my jobs on this:

Revell SA330 Puma 1/144

More at my blog here
http://www.spruemaster.com/blog/index.php/2010/01/sa330-puma-revell-1144-montagem-completa/

Minicraft TBF Avenger 1/144

More at my blog here
http://www.spruemaster.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/tbmtbf-avenger-1144-minicraft-montagem-completa/

Nakajima Ki-44 Tojo

More at my blog here:

http://www.spruemaster.com/blog/index.php/2010/03/nakajima-ki-44-shoki-1144-fujimi-montagem-completa/

Lucas
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 11:05 AM UTC
and here my last diorama at this scale:

It´s on my blog on 5 parts

Part I

http://www.spruemaster.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/jju87me262-dioramaparte1/

Part II

http://www.spruemaster.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/ju87me262-dioramaparte2/

Part III

http://www.spruemaster.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/ju87me262-dioramaparte3/

Part IV

http://www.spruemaster.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/ju87me262-dioramaparte4/

Part V

http://www.spruemaster.com/blog/index.php/2010/03/ju87diorama-partefinal/

best regards !
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 11:47 AM UTC
Impressive builds guys. I tried my hand on a Revell 1/144 MiL 28. Ouch that hurt. Fuselage went together nice but I don't think the rotor ever stayed together for more than 10 minutes.
pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 179 posts
AeroScale: 170 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 12:27 PM UTC
denkmeyer,
Superbly built models of very interesting subjects. Well done.
I like the paper AFVs too (i do 1/1250 ships in paper as well).
I am mmost interested in the Aluminium Ju86 and wonder if it is a rare model or are there others like it as well?

Lucas, as usual your models and dioramas are excellant and the attention to detail is superb.
How did you do the squiggle pattern on the Stuka?

I have attached some pictures of my latest resin 1/144 plane that I make, the Spitfire Mk.XIVe.
Roberto Masukawa (also from Brazil) made the lovely Silver one in the markings of 2Sqn 2nd TAF based in Germany in 1948 and I made the camouflaged one in the markings of 453Sqn (RAAF):

Lucas
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 12:38 PM UTC
Thanks all..

Peter, I did that pattern using this tool:

This is from a drawing compasse, I use gunze sanguy paint and made the patter by hand.

Your planes are great !!

Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 02:11 PM UTC
Several of my builds are now finished while several more still need a few bits doing.

The finished ones:

Just added the Platz F-8 Crusader to the work bench.
pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 02:29 PM UTC
Lucas,
Hi I have now bought one on those drawing pens but wonder how you actually use it!!?
Do you just dip it in the paint and draw, and do you have to hold it with the thumbwheel down so as the paint is retained in the lower jaws?

regards
Peter
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 03:02 AM UTC
Folks,
Some Great builds have been shown here. And perhaps I might be able to add to the "eye candy", if someone can help. I load photos into my group, the site even comes back and states they are loaded, but yet they never show when I review the photo section....any hints? For info,I now use a MAC computer, but this started happening before I dumped the Microsoft. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks. Bruce
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 10:10 AM UTC
OK Gang,
I'm going to try and load a pic of the latest finished project. This is DML's F-18E of VFA-105. Let me know what you think. Bruce

pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 10:25 AM UTC
Bruce,
I see you sorted the picture gallery issue.
Nice model. It certainly has a garish Green and Yelow scheme doesn't it!
I like the base too.
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 10:37 AM UTC
Peter,
Thank you. The "CAG Bird" of most of the embarked Squadrons are all rather colorful. Obviously this is why I chose them. This one is of VFA-105 with Air Group 3 aboard the Truman.
The DML kits of he F-18E & F are little jewels, and quite worth the money. So what other 1/144th projects do we have going on out there ?

mbittner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
AeroScale: 171 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 12:43 AM UTC
Bruce,

I think you need to contact me IRT your F-18. I think you know what I mean.

I'm trying to finish the Miniwing A-7A - about to finish masking the white to spray the Light Gull Grey.

Just received the Owl JB-2 Loon - watch Internet Modeler for a review.
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 04:07 PM UTC
Matt,
I tried sending several messages. Drop me a line at my e-mail, I lost your addy with the new computer. (We'll see what we can do for you) take it easy....Bruce
Exequiel
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 07:16 PM UTC
very, very lovely job on that gunslinger bug! did the same kit a year or so ago and i agree they're little jewels. congratz for the very wonderful finish!
Dirkpitt289
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 307 posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 10:02 AM UTC
Great job on the F-18 Bruce. Are those decals the ones that came with kit or aftermarket? Can I ask how you made the base?
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 10:25 AM UTC
Dirk,
Thank you for the kind words. You can ask anything,my friend. Here we are all 1/144th modelers, and definitely need to help each other out.

Yes, they are the kit decals. I chose to use them because I previously built the DML F-18F in VFA-32 colors. Both of these squadrons are in Air Group 3 aboard the USS Truman. Actually the decals worked pretty well. There were a few spots of trouble getting them to lay right, but some Microset took care of that.

As far as the base, that originally came from a local art supply store. It is a 3-3 1/2 inch wood plaque that I stained then covered with a piece of 40 thou sheet plastic. This was drilled for the tie down rings, and painted accordingly. While definitely not perfect, it gives the illusion of a piece of Carrier deck. (At least in my opinion) Altogether a fun project.

Please let me know if this does not answer any of your questions. And in the meantime, keep modeling Gang ! .......................Bruce
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 03:01 PM UTC
OK Gang,
It has been a while since the last posting. Just wondering what other kind of 1/144th scale projects are out there in progress ?

I also just managed to get a copy of the new Revell Typhoon, and it seems like a very nice kit. So has anyone out there built it yet ? How did it go together ?

Take it easy, and keep modeling.........Bruce
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 03:40 PM UTC
I just ran across this on the site. Interesting scale, isn't it? Very small stuff for fighters, armor and so forth, fits well for larger aircraft like bombers and transports, and quite well sized for ship, subs, etc.

I only have a couple of 1/144 aircraft, including a very nice Sweet Hurricane (rag wing) and not so cutting-edge Minicraft Spit V. But I also have the Revell Type VIIc U-Boat and Fletcher and the Trumpeter Gato. Those are are really nice kits! Anyone looking at working on those right now?

Michael