General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1/144 Scale modeling
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 08:05 PM UTC
Hi there guys. Long time no see:} I have a little problem. I have a Sweet Wildcat that recieved the camo paint about 3 years ago and neglected for far too long. Obviously I lost the box and the scheme but I still have the decals. So now does anyone have decaling instructions for the kit or can you show me a way? I am not sure about the part number but it is the single kit with deck and cat crew. White, mid grey and dark blue. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you.
pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 179 posts
AeroScale: 170 posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 - 01:41 PM UTC
Here is my latest casting.
it is a Spitfire Mk.VIII in 'Wargamer' version (solid resin canopy, no prop and raised undercarriage for use on wargaming tables).
See my website for more info (www.petersplanes.com)

Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 01:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi there guys. Long time no see:} I have a little problem. I have a Sweet Wildcat that recieved the camo paint about 3 years ago and neglected for far too long. Obviously I lost the box and the scheme but I still have the decals. So now does anyone have decaling instructions for the kit or can you show me a way? I am not sure about the part number but it is the single kit with deck and cat crew. White, mid grey and dark blue. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you.

Hi Yalym

Here is a link to their website and the kit you have, hope this helps.
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 01:05 AM UTC
Guy's I thought I'd share a photo of the Sig 144 stand at Telford this year, it covered six tables with ease and could very easily have covered more.

A couple of my models are lost in the middle :-)

pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 - 11:17 AM UTC
Here are my just finished 'gold' series Blenheims.
A Mk.I of 211 Sqn in Greece 1940:

And a Mk.IV in Finnish colours:

Also, here are two 'Wargaming' versions.
Firstly a 30Sqn plane:

And a 68 Sqn plane:

JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 - 01:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Yalym

Here is a link to their website and the kit you have, hope this helps.

Oh great! Thanks Luciano. Although it seems the server is down at the momentI will keep checking. Thanks .
Dirkpitt289
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 307 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 01:15 PM UTC
WOW, I didn't know anyone made 1/144 Blenheim's. Where can I get some of these?
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 01:32 PM UTC
PM Peter, he's the one who makes them
pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 12:45 AM UTC
Dirk hi,
You have bought from me before!!
www.petersplanes.com

peter
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 500 posts
AeroScale: 243 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 03:08 AM UTC
Fellow 1/144th modelers !
Well, I'm starting to come back, and it's time to get some life into this thread about our favorite scale. I had a death in the family that took me out of the running for a while. But thankfully, this hobby is also a tremendous help to aid in the healing process. Enough about that.

The big question is....what's everyone working on ? For me, I'm plugging away with the new Revell F-16C. I feel it is really an extremely nice kit which can also be built as an A or MLU, so this is a great value. Admittedly I am not a rivet counter, so I'm sure there are some items incorrect, but it really is a gorgeous kit.

The other thing to throw out for feedback is 1/144th decals are once again starting to come our way. Obviously the F-16 is coming hot and heavy with several sheets of the colorful Dutch birds. Plus Revell's 1/144th F-18E also affords us a colorful canvas for the CAG birds.

Enough from me, how about everyone else's opinions ?

Take Care....................Bruce
SHarjacek
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 977 posts
AeroScale: 263 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 05:59 PM UTC
Hi Guys, I just found this. You may be interested.

Hlj 1/144 Aircraft Sale

Kind regards, Sven.
JClapp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,265 posts
AeroScale: 1,715 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 10:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Fellow 1/144th modelers !
Well, I'm starting to come back, and it's time to get some life into this thread about our favorite scale. I had a death in the family that took me out of the running for a while. But thankfully, this hobby is also a tremendous help to aid in the healing process. Enough about that.

The big question is....what's everyone working on ? For me, I'm plugging away with the new Revell F-16C. I feel it is really an extremely nice kit which can also be built as an A or MLU, so this is a great value. Admittedly I am not a rivet counter, so I'm sure there are some items incorrect, but it really is a gorgeous kit.

The other thing to throw out for feedback is 1/144th decals are once again starting to come our way. Obviously the F-16 is coming hot and heavy with several sheets of the colorful Dutch birds. Plus Revell's 1/144th F-18E also affords us a colorful canvas for the CAG birds.

Enough from me, how about everyone else's opinions ?

Take Care....................Bruce

hello Bruce, sorry I missed this when you posted it. Good to hear you are back in the saddle. It is indeed good to be part of communities like this one, during hard times.

Almost everything I am doing recreationaly now is 1/144 airplanes, and almost all of those are entered in campaigns here in Aeroscale.
I started a Platz P-47 kit this week, it is beautiful made, everything looks and fits like machined metal parts. Platz kits are pricey but they are vastly better than the regular cheap stuff (not naming any names).

SHarjasec - thanks for the heads up on the HLJ sale.

Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 12:53 AM UTC
Jonathan,
I couldn't agree more with your assessment on Platz kits. Plus with some of the aftermarket decal manufacturers jumping on the 1/144th bandwagon, that is really helping to get more folks into this scale.

If I could only build them faster ! Take care........Bruce
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 10:13 AM UTC
My condolences Bruce. I have not built models for a while but we have the annual AF Museum contest coming up,it lit a fuse.
I also am working on 2 Platz Jugs. One is a previous kit I started which is rather promissing to finish as Eaglston's yellow nose straight out of box, the other will, I wish, be one of the TuAF birds flew a short while with its original nose art. Assembled Aoshima'srivet frenzy Fw-190 A-8 this morning and finaly made a dash on ending the long story of:
usethermite
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
AeroScale: 209 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 11:12 AM UTC
Hi, guys and gals. Working on the Dragon X-3 for a campaign. Dragon really showcase their slide-moulding tech with this kit. Should be done by the end of the weekend. I also have the F-16C kit and pray someone does more decals for it. Actually, it would really, really be nice to have more decals of jets. Now, if somone would just kit some F-102s or F-106s!! JT
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 06:09 AM UTC
Slightly older from above but shows his mtes too...
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 12:07 PM UTC
Done!

Any comments are welcomed. Cheers
V2Phantom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 288 posts
AeroScale: 195 posts
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 02:15 AM UTC
Yalym
Outstanding work! Your paint & finish on these Platz Jugs are perfect. I think you can fool a lot of modelers into thinking these are large scale builds if there was no size reference in the photos.
Have fun modeling!
Mike
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 08:40 AM UTC
Yalym,
Nice job on the Wildcat. The weathering is something different for a late war 'Cat. I also see the "Jug in the background coming down the assembly line, keep up the good work. Take Care................Bruce
usethermite
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 10:30 AM UTC
Indeed, sir, you have done the scale proud. Keep'em flying! JT
Frigate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 10:31 AM UTC
Gentlemen,
I finally managed to complete my Revell F-16. In my opinion,a tremendous little kit, and one of their best. If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you check them out - definitely worth the money. Granted I am NOT an F-16 expert by any means. But it seems to me,an A, AMU, and C model can actually be completed with the parts provided.

Attached is my completed example with Astra decals of the RNAF 323 Squadron's Diana the Hunter from 1999. Comments are welcomed no matter what the outcome. Take Care..............Bruce

[/URL]/img]
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 12:00 PM UTC
Gentlemen, you will make me explode out of pride:} Bruce, I am not sure which period the bird belongs to because I lost the box and the guide. I fished a photo of the real bird from internet and I am an absolute ignorence statue on Wildcats but I thought this was an earlier scheme. I admitt I did the chipping a little too much. At this very moment I am tripping the radio wire of Eagleston's Jug. I won't hurry and ruin it for it has been ruined enough in the past years already:}
The Dutch Viper looks astounding. To be honest I was so moved by your previous statements I went and bought one today...and I think I will buy more eventhough I am not a Viper fan. If I can menage the decals I want to do a(maybe few) Turkish ones.
May the true scale be with you
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 01:06 PM UTC
Tha Mighty Jug!! Although not finished, a preview. Any comments?

jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
AeroScale: 231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 07:51 AM UTC
Sweet looking Jug! Is that Alclad on the body & wings?

Now a general comment about this thread: I really an amazed with the quality of builds & the variety of 1/144 kits on the market. I might just have to track down some of those WWII fighters. Maybe a Mustang or a Hellcat. Maybe both!

Jim
usethermite
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 08:07 AM UTC
All I can say about the F-16 is: WOW! JT