General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
What the postman brought today ....
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2010 - 01:27 AM UTC
This little beauty arrived 10 minutes ago!

Nige
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2010 - 02:06 AM UTC
Nice one Nigel. I like the box illustration, what a busy bit of sky. Dont fancy the chances of the Emil pilot with his smoking engine and his starboard ailereon has just fallen off!
Great looking Nesher decal sheet Steffen.
All the best.
tim
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2010 - 10:49 PM UTC
Just in:

as you might guess, it is a sample.

all the best

Steffen
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 - 02:56 AM UTC
Nice onr Steffan !

My latest haul is the new issue of

Over the Front Vol 25 # 2 Summer

This is their Medal of Honor Flight , Goettler and Bleckley's Last Mission
litespeed
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 - 03:51 AM UTC
Nice one Steffen. How does it look? Hope it's as good as Eduard's previous cold war warrior release the Su-22/Su-17.
All the best.
tim
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 - 05:28 AM UTC
Hi Steffen

I reckon Andy will be jealous of that one - as far as I know he's still waiting for his to arrive.

It's been a Postie-free couple of days here too - maybe he's been washed away by all the recent rain we've had! Model Hobbies e-mailed me several days ago to say my package had been posted, but there's still no sign of it here. Maybe tomorrow...

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 - 08:52 AM UTC
Hi Guys

As for the Su-25

well for me this is the worst of the OEZ moulds (not sure which were originally issued by OEZ Letohrad or by Kovozavody Prostejov, but IMO they are from the same design team: Su-7, Su-17/22, Su-25, MiG-21MF/SMT/Bis)

- Sprues: The panel lines are very weak and washed out .. not sure how to properly describe it, but these are broad and fuzzy (and not only in this issue, but already in the first box) I already have one with the original Eduard PE and Neomega pit so this new issue has little additional value to me personally (though there is some)
- Resin is nice (but less cockpit stuff than in the Su-22), nice seat, flare dispensers and scoops, FOD covers would have been great as the intakes/nozzles are a PITA
- PE looks like the known stuff, but I have to check that (of course some colour PE included),
- decals are very nice (I tried to convince Jan to include Alexander Rutskoy's machine .. but there is only a profile known to me and Jan did not want such stuff in the kit ... in case you do not know: HSU in Afghanistan flying Su-25, shot down by Pakistani F-16 and former Russian vice president)

all the best

Steffen
litespeed
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 - 09:40 AM UTC
Thanks Steffen, the kit sounds a little dissapointing. It will be interesting to compare it if this new company KP re-issue their 1/48 Su-25, which I believe comes from the same mould as Eduard's Su-25.
All the best.
tim
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 - 08:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Steffen, the kit sounds a little dissapointing. It will be interesting to compare it if this new company KP re-issue their 1/48 Su-25, which I believe comes from the same mould as Eduard's Su-25.
All the best.
tim

Hi Tim

Well, I would not say it is disappointing, because I knew what was coming. The add ons are nice and the Cartograf decal sheet has some nice options and many (MANY) stencils, so it is probably the best Su-25 box to date. BTW the shape is much better than the old Monogram kit.

Your KP announcement really puzzled me because KP was always Czech so I do not understand why it now shall be a Hungarian company .. but who knows. Kopro (the follow up of KP aka Kovozavody Prostejov) did not issue new models in years and from what you posted KP models won't either. The kits stem mostly from iron curtain times so do not expect spectacular stuff ...

all the best

Steffen
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 1,384 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 11:13 PM UTC

Our LHS has a ton of them. He has them round the back till the old ones sell out!!
I had to ask did he have any new ones!
So instead of the two pots of paint I called in for I've got 3 spitfire to build

Nice work on all the stencilling Airfix. Looks a great little spit with decent cockpit and the panel lines aren't so bad. Easier to fill them than remove raised ones.
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 11:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Guys

As for the Su-25

well for me this is the worst of the OEZ moulds (not sure which were originally issued by OEZ Letohrad or by Kovozavody Prostejov, but IMO they are from the same design team: Su-7, Su-17/22, Su-25, MiG-21MF/SMT/Bis)

- Sprues: The panel lines are very weak and washed out .. not sure how to properly describe it, but these are broad and fuzzy (and not only in this issue, but already in the first box) I already have one with the original Eduard PE and Neomega pit so this new issue has little additional value to me personally (though there is some)
- Resin is nice (but less cockpit stuff than in the Su-22), nice seat, flare dispensers and scoops, FOD covers would have been great as the intakes/nozzles are a PITA
- PE looks like the known stuff, but I have to check that (of course some colour PE included),
- decals are very nice (I tried to convince Jan to include Alexander Rutskoy's machine .. but there is only a profile known to me and Jan did not want such stuff in the kit ... in case you do not know: HSU in Afghanistan flying Su-25, shot down by Pakistani F-16 and former Russian vice president)

all the best

Steffen

Thanks for the heads up Steffen, I've been waiting for the Eduard release of the Su-25K. I'll still get it though as it looks like the best offering around. Now just waiting for some one to do a Su-33
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 04:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the heads up Steffen, I've been waiting for the Eduard release of the Su-25K. I'll still get it though as it looks like the best offering around. Now just waiting for some one to do a Su-33

Cheers Luciano

Well, as I wrote in my response to Tims rather negative conclusion I also think this is the best box of a Su-25 in 48 scale you can get.

Still I do not like the surfaces but maybe some primer layers will do the trick here. As written in the first post, this is not Eduards fault, but a "feature" of the original mold.
It would be cool if this tool could be reworked but otoh I think a different approach with the fuselage/engines would be better ... something like one piece top wing, one pieces lower fuselage with engines, separate side walls plus front and rear parts for the engine .. as I wrote the clean up of the many seams on the OEZ kit is tedious (5 on the upper side alone plus restoring the panel lines)

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 - 11:26 PM UTC
Hi again

nothing about aircraft but this ruined my September budget (the rest that was not planned yet). Just got The "Endkampf um das Reichsgebiet" book by Axel Urbanke/Start Verlag. I just could not pass the 32€ price tag at moduni (normal price is 54€)

all the best

Steffen
ShawnM
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 - 01:32 AM UTC
just received :

21st Century 1/32 Me-109f
Eagle Cals No. 39
Zero in Action
Verlinden Lock On F-16
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 - 03:38 AM UTC
Hi again

Well, my reading is sorted out for the next few days thanks to samples from our friends at Albatros Productions

I'll review them as soon as poss.

All the best

Rowan
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 07:26 AM UTC
arrived from the postie today...
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 10:56 PM UTC
Hi all, just a couple of trinkets from my good friends at Sprue Brothers

But don't they make ALLLL the difference !!

Some of those P-47 decals will be winging their way right around the globe again shortly, isn't that right Jesper ??

Cheers, D
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 11:06 PM UTC
Test
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 06:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi again

Well, my reading is sorted out for the next few days thanks to samples from our friends at Albatros Productions

I'll review them as soon as poss.

All the best

Rowan

Nice one Rowan !
Removed by original poster on 09/02/10 - 17:37:37 (GMT).
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 07:12 AM UTC
Well now that Staff Jim has fixed the bug lets proceed here. Rowan will delete the other thread when the posts have been copied:

Today I got a parcel from HLJ with some goodies from the sale which cost me some VAT. I got Tamiyas motor action Buffalo (sadly only with the slotted canopy) Allied and Axis vol.21 and a nice Pz.IV Zimmerit set from Attak ...

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 07:46 AM UTC
Hi again

I'm still waiting for a parcel that's a week overdue, but in the meantime I treated myself to this cute little D.H. Moth from Model Hobbies:

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 08:19 AM UTC
Hi Rowan,

Very nice! How much did you pay for it and can we have a look at the content?

Jean-Luc
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 08:26 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

Don't worry - a review will be on the way soon.

All the best

Rowan
litespeed
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 08:58 AM UTC
Hi Rowan
I'm curious as well, although I fancy the DH-60 M, the blue and black colour scheme looks very nice. It looks like G-AAMX that's in the RAF Museum at Hendon.

Hi Justin
Nice F-100, very nice, I am obviously failing in emptying your wallet! What your thought's on it?

All the best.
tim