Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
OFFICIAL: Small is Beautiful Campaign
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,953 posts
AeroScale: 1,902 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 06:27 PM UTC
I did get a bit of work done yesterday!

More about it in the build blog but lets say like this: this kit keeps its promises! Eduard rules!

Magnus
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 12:25 AM UTC
lookin good magnus and thanks for the interior colour info.

paul
spaarndammer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,945 posts
AeroScale: 388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 05:40 AM UTC
Great looking kits already in this campaign!

My entry will be Revell's A10 Thunderbolt. Not the best kit in town, but I hope it will make a nice model and makes me enthusiastic for another build.

Picture of the boxart:

The amount of ordnance and the two colour gray scheme will add a lot to this kit I hope. Something like this:

The kits components have been rinsed with soap water and are waiting to be constructed in a Thunderbolt!

Jelger
jjasmine
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 112 posts
AeroScale: 29 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 04:38 PM UTC
My entry is another A-10. As a former ground pounder, I have to say that you can never have too many Warthogs in the AO!!!

My kit is from Heller and upon initial inspection, looks to have a decent amount of detail. We'll see how she goes together.

magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 09:41 AM UTC
Nice to see the Warthogs, an aircraft I didn't know existed in 144-scale! Do you know if the plastic is from the same moulds in both the Revell and the Heller offerings?

I've come a bit further today with both airframes primed and an orange painting session planned for tomorrow morning!

Magnus
Removed by original poster on 01/07/12 - 02:20:45 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 01/07/12 - 02:28:13 (GMT).
Lakota
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 1,202 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 02:30 PM UTC
Howdy Y'all

I will be building Hasegawa's Betty bomber. I am having trouble posting photos. Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Don "Lakota"
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 02:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy Y'all

I will be building Hasegawa's Betty bomber. I am having trouble posting photos. Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

[img]http://gallery.kitmaker.net/500/thumbs/Small_Duel_01012012.jpg" BORDER="0">
[/img]

Thanks,
Don "Lakota"

I think there's a problem in your forum html: {img}http://{url=http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/370046}{img}http://gallery.kitmaker.net/500/thumbs/Small_Duel_01012012.jpg{/img}{/url}{/img}

It looks like there's a URL link embedded in your IMG link tags, which is confusing the poor forum software. Your image tags should look like this:

{img}http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/Small_Duel_01012012.jpg{/img}
(replace the parentheses with square brackets) then your image will display:

jjasmine
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 03:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice to see the Warthogs, an aircraft I didn't know existed in 144-scale! Do you know if the plastic is from the same moulds in both the Revell and the Heller offerings?

I think there is a good chance as one is a Revell Germany kit and the Heller kit is from France. I'd have to compare the sprues to say for sure.
Lakota
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 1,202 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 03:23 PM UTC
Thanks Jessica!
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 09:36 PM UTC
Another good morning session in "the sty" (that's what my family calls my workshop )!

More about it in the build blog.

Magnus
spaarndammer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,945 posts
AeroScale: 388 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 12:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I think there is a good chance as one is a Revell Germany kit and the Heller kit is from France. I'd have to compare the sprues to say for sure.

The sprues look quite similar in my opinion, especially the wings and fuselage halves. It could be very well that they are the same.

Today I was buying masking tape in my LHS and came across Academy's SU-25 Frogfoot, a plane quite similar to the A-10. As it costs only a few euros, I decided to add this plane to my A-10 build.

In one of the reviews I read about the Frogfoot, it was stated that building 1/144 planes is not such so much about making concerns about accuracy, but just about having a fun build. I can agree no more with that. It is good fun building these planes

Jelger
jjasmine
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 12:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Today I was buying masking tape in my LHS and came across Academy's SU-25 Frogfoot, a plane quite similar to the A-10. As it costs only a few euros, I decided to add this plane to my A-10 build.

In one of the reviews I read about the Frogfoot, it was stated that building 1/144 planes is not such so much about making concerns about accuracy, but just about having a fun build. I can agree no more with that. It is good fun building these planes

That's great! I think the Frogfoot will complement the A-10 very nicely. You're right about the 1/144 planes, I was initially skeptical about the scale but I have built several now and they have all been very enjoyable builds. While there is a bit of detail lacking in the scale the variety of aircraft available is very impressive, and even without the extensive detail of larger scales, all of the kits I have look great when completed.
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
AeroScale: 1,814 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 01:45 PM UTC

Hi this is my first entry to campaign on Areoscale and my first attempt at
posting a photo!
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 01:49 PM UTC
I see that i posted a link to the photo and not the photo!!!
Can someone show me the error of my ways?
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 02:24 PM UTC
You posted {url=http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/370091}{img}http://gallery.kitmaker.net/500/thumbs/2012_01_07_1107_edited-11.jpg{/img}{/url}
This confused the forum software. You don't need to post a hyperlink (the URL= part) to post an image. All that's need are the {img}{/img} tags. It also looks like you're trying to post the thumbnail rather than the full-sized photo. Your code should look like this: (Replace the parentheses with square brackets to make it work)
{img}http://gallery.kitmaker.net/500/2012_01_07_1107_edited-11.jpg{/img} However that URL doesn't seem to point to a picture. When you look at your pictures in the gallery, make sure the one you want to post is selected in the main portion of your viewing window, right-click on it, and select "copy image location". That's the part that you paste in between the img tags.

There's a pretty detailed tutorial posted in the Modeling in General forum which shows a slightly different way to do it. The uploading process has since been updated, so be sure to read this tutorial also.

The same image posting process works if you choose to host your pictures on Photobucket, Flickr or Image Shack, and those have the bonus of not having the limited space your gallery here at Kitmaker does.
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 02:56 PM UTC
Thank you for your help.
i will read the links you posted.
V2Phantom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 288 posts
AeroScale: 195 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 04:23 PM UTC
Hi! As I mentioned in my initial post in this thread, this is my first GB here on Aeroscale. Now that I am starting to get some work done, is it better to past the progress of this build here on this thread or start another thread in a different part of the Forum section? I can see the benefit of not making this thread too crowded but I also see the friendly atmosphere created in this thread by posting with others who appreciate 1/144. I am a tad concerned that if I just post my build in another sectiopn of the forum, the others in this group build may miss the progress. What are people planning to do with their in-progress shots?
Have fun modeling!
Mike
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 05:37 PM UTC
You can do either. Magnus is hosting his MiG build log over in the Cold War forum and just posting updates of significant misletones here. Others are posting their entire builds here. Still others may post beginning and end shots only. The only rule is to post at least that much and to have fun while you're doing it
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 10:01 PM UTC
Just a quick post to demonstrate "my" way of doing it !

Finally finished with the orange...

More about it in the build blog.

My main reason for posting like this is that I like to keep diaries of my builds, these can then easily be found in my profile here! If you just post in the build threads these posts will be very hard to find.

Magnus
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 12:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi this is my first entry to campaign on Areoscale and my first attempt at posting a photo!

Hi Richard, I've fixed the image tag for you
V2Phantom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 288 posts
AeroScale: 195 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 05:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You can do either. Magnus is hosting his MiG build log over in the Cold War forum and just posting updates of significant misletones here. Others are posting their entire builds here. Still others may post beginning and end shots only. The only rule is to post at least that much and to have fun while you're doing it

Thanks Jessie! I'll start posting my progress in this thread now that I understand that I have several options. Now on to gte some modeling done and get some photos taken!
Have fun modeling!
Mike
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 05:26 AM UTC
magnus, they look fantastic, love the colours.

mine are primered and awaiting paint...but nothing that bright!

paul
611_sqd
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
AeroScale: 99 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 11:49 PM UTC
Here is mine. I have had it in the cupboard for several months waiting for the start of the Campaign. My first in this scale so I will see how I do. Unlike my normal way of painting planes (airbrushing) I am going to brush paint this one. Comes with 3 decal choices which is nice though this 144 kit costs more than the new Airfix P-40 in 1/72 which was a bit of a surprise.