_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
1/48 Academy B-25B Mitchell
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 06:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Joel, another great work from your bench and nice to see your beautiful participant for the "Twins Campaign". Congrats for finishing and doing a "pretty darn good" job on building and painting regardless all the issues you were able to overcome on the way. As well as your blog again was big fun to follow - thanks for sharing!

Thomas

Thomas,
Thanks for your compliments. While I opted for a rare post in the campaign, but rather share my blog with the entire Aeroscale community, I did follow it as I was subscribed. I've already posted my two completed build pictures in the campaign gallery.
Joel
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 06:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Joel,
Excellent! I really love the tired and faded look you've given her! It's really a stand-out build. The detail you put into those radials really makes them pop.

Gaz

Gary,
just knew that you would love both the weathering job and those two P&W 2600 radials. What a struggle for these old tired eyes. But with your encouragement, I got them done, and I'm sure glad I took your advice. The engines with those massive props are a standout feature for sure.

now get back to work on the B-29

Joel
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 06:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Super work Joel

Just the right amount of fading/weathering.

Thank you so much for sharing your work. Look forward to the next one

Russell,
Thank for your thumbs up. As I've said, the F-4J is going to be more of a wind down then anything else. After both the Ventura and Mitchell, I do need a break.
Joel
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 07:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Joel,

what an outstanding built of this model! I have been following for a while and it was a great pleasure to see Your kit coming to life. Many thanks for sharing. I will be glad to see Your next build!

Cheers

Oliver

Oliver,
Thanks so much for your more then kind words.
Joel
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 07:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Joel,

Awesome job - as usual. Congratulations on a stunning model!!

I know you wanted a 'quick in between' build, but this B-25 is certainly worth all the effort.

Beautiful model which honors those who took place in the Doolittle raid.

Hats off to you sir.

Regards,
Kobus

Kobus,
Thanks for those most kind words. And yeah, the B-25B was supposed to be a quick wind down effort. Boy was I surprised. It actually is the longest build time wise yet.
Joel
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 07:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Joel!

Sorry for intruding into your B-25 thread but I did a post of what I've been up to when not building aircraft lately :-) ! Have a look here!

Magnus

Magnus,
You could never be any kind of intrusion, but quite the opposite for sure. I checked out your work from the link, and as usual was quite impressed. Your figure painting/building is certainly impressive, especially in the 1/72/76 scale.

Joel
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 11:46 PM UTC
Ooops! Somehow I must have missed your last postings in this thread here when you have finished your Mitchell, Joel! Sorry for that, but I guess I was quite busy working on my own stuff.
Well, what can I say? You can really be proud of this B-25. As I've mentioned before I really like how the OD came out on her. Though I'm no fan of weathering I must admit that you did the right amount of it here. And as you said, less is more. Really well done! What kind of dio do you have in mind now?

Torsten
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ooops! Somehow I must have missed your last postings in this thread here when you have finished your Mitchell, Joel! Sorry for that, but I guess I was quite busy working on my own stuff.
Well, what can I say? You can really be proud of this B-25. As I've mentioned before I really like how the OD came out on her. Though I'm no fan of weathering I must admit that you did the right amount of it here. And as you said, less is more. Really well done! What kind of dio do you have in mind now?

Torsten

Torsten,
Thanks so much for your honest appraisal of my weathering. I'm really glad that you liked the what, how, and the level of weathering I used.

I've decided to go with a map of Japan on a gloss dark base. Right now I'm still searching the internet for a map that I really like.

Joel
Szmann
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands Antilles
KitMaker: 1,977 posts
AeroScale: 295 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've decided to go with a map of Japan on a gloss dark base. Right now I'm still searching the internet for a map that I really like.

Now that's a very nice idea. Gloss midnight blue, maybe? Since Japan is an arhipelago...

I'm gonna still your idea for sure.

Cheers!
Gabriel
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 01:08 AM UTC
You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a well detailed and printed map.
Joel
Szmann
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands Antilles
KitMaker: 1,977 posts
AeroScale: 295 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 01:27 AM UTC
Actually I have an idea. Looked couple of days ago for Tobruk area map for my next afv build. No luck yet.

Good luck hunting!
Gabriel.
Redhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
AeroScale: 1,443 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 02:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually I have an idea. Looked couple of days ago for Tobruk area map for my next afv build. No luck yet.

Good luck hunting!
Gabriel.

Look here. https://chindits.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/the-battle-for-tobruk-cyrenaica-1941-1942/ The author states, "NOTE – I skimped slightly on map creation, because I had a set amount of time for this monograph. If anyone needs a detailed, third-party map of the area, let me know."
 _GOTOTOP