Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
OFFICIAL: Anti-Shipping Campaign
rochaped
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 679 posts
AeroScale: 669 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 06:32 AM UTC
Daniel,

Looking sweet!
How do you do it? This certainly is not a shake & build kit, and yet in just a few days you've achieved so much

Greetings
Pedro
camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
AeroScale: 622 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 09:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Camo, no pics no proof, I will be withholding your ribbon until I see it !!

Tomcat, you be sure to parade your ribbon shamelessly at Camo.

As you wanted proof here you go, the weather has been a typical British day so I had to resort to taking them indoors. hopefully the weather will get better for some decent photos

Hopefully Allen wont have to brag about having his ribbon and not me now
vertigo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 388 posts
AeroScale: 225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 05:25 AM UTC
I have finished the Buccaneer, uploaded pictures to the campaign gallery and I'll add a few here. I had to use a lot of filler around the canopy hence why it looks so rough.

Since it was the last pieces added I couldn't do any sanding for fear of damaging the canopy and the decals around it. This is my second finished aircraft to date.

And here is the T.V Guided Martel Anti-Ship missile.
bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
AeroScale: 457 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 11:20 AM UTC
Greetings everyone,

Some really nice aircraft crossing the finish line. Samantha no anti-ship campaign would be complete without a B-25 we just need to see it skip bomb something from our sea going bretheren next door!

Logan glad to see the Buccaneer completed. Royal Navy definately had some unusual and intresting looking aircraft in its history.

Daniel the pressure is on but your progress has been good. Cheers to all for their great workmanship!

I will have my entry done by tomorrow. Right now I have the depth bombs painted, weathered and attached! The canopy was masked (very labor intensive on my part, does someone make masks for the kingfisher?) I painted it interior green first then the exterior colors and weathered them with my kid’s water color paints. It came out okay but I think I could have done better. I’ll dull coat the model today and glue the clear parts on Thursday and that should be it.

If any of you get the Kingfisher ‘Bug’ in the future know that Revell is going to re-release the kit this year probably around October/November.

All the best,
Brian
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 04:26 PM UTC
Hi guys. I have made an executive decision not to make a formal extension to this Campaign. I am happy to award ribbons later to the stragglers, so please don't rush your builds through !

Daniel, great progress. I'm really looking forward to seeing the effect of your pre-shading on the final paintwork.

Vertigo, super job on a cool subject. Well done on finishing the Buccaneer.

Camo, AWESOME !! As Brian said, your B-25 is an essential addition to the Anti-Shipping list, and you have done a superb job especially with that set of markings. Now Allen won't be able to gloat. Hmmm, perhaps he should have hidden the camera, just for a few days.

Brain, I'm loving your Kingfisher mate, excellent work so far with just a few finishing touches to go.

Not long now guys, see you all at the award ceremony !!

Cheers, D
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 06:19 PM UTC
Sorry D. I don't think I got more than 3 parts glued together on this one. Great Idea, just too much for me...
camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
AeroScale: 622 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 08:34 PM UTC
Thanks Damian glad to get something finished. Not sure how many more kits I will get done this year though been banned from using sharp pointy objects for the next few weeks as it turns out the swollen left leg (the ex broken one) has had a blood clot in it since the cast came off last year when my calf first started to swell. Currently having my blood thinned at a rapid rate of knots to clear it have to have another scan on my leg in September I think. Only banned frfom pointy objects till they level my blood out to a lower rate.

Some great builds for this campaign
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 09:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry D. I don't think I got more than 3 parts glued together on this one. Great Idea, just too much for me...

No probs Mark, thanks for checking in.
dcandal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 918 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 12:57 AM UTC
Painting the model with RLM 65, 70 and 71,

bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 06:32 AM UTC
Greetings everyone,

Daniel - Keep on going! I want to see Torpedoes on that He-111!
Eman - Nice FFA Avenger would like to see larger photos

The Kingfisher is Done !

Finished the canopies, radio antenae and navigation lights. Where's that U-Boat !? Thanks Damien for a great campaign !

All the best,
Brian

rochaped
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 679 posts
AeroScale: 669 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 07:12 AM UTC
Congratulations, it's very, very realistic, just the right balance on weathering and superb painting job! Well done sir!
dcandal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 12:43 PM UTC
The last details,

dcandal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 12:47 PM UTC
And here the model finished

bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 05:00 PM UTC
Greetings everyone,

Pedro,
Thank you for the kind remarks. I'm happy you enjoyed the pictures.

Daniel,
Job well done! Torpedoes away! What project is next?

All the best,
Brian
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 - 09:20 PM UTC
Well folks it's time. Ribbons have all been awarded to those who have finished their builds, and the stragglers will get theirs once they post finished pics.

The gallery for this Campaign is amazing and a real credit to the skills of the members of this site,

This has been an awesome Campaign to be a part of, so thanks to everybody who has contributed both as a builder and a spectator, it has been a pleasure to run the show and build alongside you guys.

Also, a HUGE thanks to Guido (Tailor) for the magnificent ribbon !

See you all in the next Campaign.

Cheers, D
mpatman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 248 posts
AeroScale: 160 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 - 01:51 PM UTC
Great campaign Damian, thanks for your efforts!

Mark
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 04:37 PM UTC
This bird was damaged not so long ago, though I have a couple of touch up's to complete and install the only thing I can't do is re-tension the wing rigging, but at least it's back to being {an almost finished} model.

I should have this bird completed in the next 2 days.
bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 07:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This bird was damaged not so long ago; but at least it's back to being {an almost finished} model.
I should have this bird completed in the next 2 days.

Greetings Rob,

Damage or not you have a splendid looking Swordfish, I really like how the painted insignia markings came out. Glad to see you cross the finish line.

All the best,
Brian
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 04:56 AM UTC
Brian,

Thanks for the comment and yes the repair was a bigger job than first thought.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 07:35 PM UTC
Hi Rob. Great job on the repairs there, your Swordfish looks great. You did an awesome amount of work for this Campaign, and also posted a lot of helpful info for the other guys, and I really appreciate your efforts. I'm happy to award your ribbon and I'm looking forward to seeing more progress on the other builds you have going (if you want to post progress here please do).

Cheers, D
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 12:01 PM UTC
Damian,

Thanks for the kind words.

The damage to the Swordfish was more than first thought, it took a few weeks to compete the repair. The Beaufighter repaired and need to sort out some decals for it from the spares box, sadly it'll be a few weeks before they are both completed.
I've been doing too many contract and consignment builds, {during the course of the campaign}, as I've just been commissioned to do the Fonderie Miniatures Dornier Do24 in 48 scale.

I'll post pix of the Beaufighter in the next day or so.
doubtingthomas
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 156 posts
AeroScale: 153 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 04:43 AM UTC
Well, I'm still fighting the Backfire even though the campaign is over! The model is appropriately named, since I keep having "Backfires" and having to go back and re-do stuff. But at least I am done with painting and can move on to sticking on the small bits!

Hopefully I haven't over-done it on the weathering (it shows up stronger in person than in pictures), but these birds seem to have had their share.

Regards,
Tom
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 11:38 AM UTC
Looking good Tom, the weathering looks fine to me.

Please keep posting your progress on this monster, I'm looking forward to seeing it done. Your ribbon is in storage waiting as well !

Cheer, D
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 - 03:12 PM UTC
Tom,
Your 'Backfire' is looking good.

I've repaired the Beaufighter and put some decals on it, I'll get back to doing more on this bird later today. Still have a few bits to add onto it.

I have to make up the A-19 serial number for this subject and the 'Zebra' aircraft code is supposed to be white, but it was all I could find in the spares box that was suitable.
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 08:14 AM UTC
Hi All,

The Beaufighter after it's repair is almost completed, just the tail wheel and the exhausts need to be painted and one or two coats of Dullcoat overall, the panel lines where highlighted using an Acrylic Matt Black mixed as 4 parts thinner - 1 part paint and applied by brush, the model was then over sprayed in Tamiya Enamel Smoke mixed as a 1 - 1and given a light Dullcoat when touch dry.
The muzzle flash, exhausts and cordite stains are pastel and were applied before the panel highlighting.
The model was base coated in Humbrol #191, Model Master Sky for the under surfaces and Xtra Color Dark Earth and Dark Green. Once the decals had set the model was lightly rubbed and with an old scalpel blade some panel work was chipped away, exposing the 'BMF' under coat.

Note: This model will be completed in the next few days.
The damaged radio antenia was built using a piece of EverGreen strip {which is yet to be painted}.