Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
OFFICIAL: Schwalbe - Me 262 Campaign
goodn8
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 709 posts
AeroScale: 651 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 - 07:18 PM UTC
Thanks Damian!
The efforts on those etched parts will sureley make the difference and I think it's worth the invested time to improve the modell. You definitely need a "Bug-Fix" on constantly using your tools...
Thomas
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 - 09:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jesper, the absolute engineer in you is showing my friend. How you balance such precision with such a neat speed-build I will never know

Cheers, D

Well, my deep engineering insights normally only works with a lot of luck Otherwise the result might be different

MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 01:42 AM UTC
Fighting my way through some old, old, OLD Hasegawa decals.
Pretty happy I got the wing walk decals on without major shatter.
Still a bit of a lip around the edges, but hopefully when clearcoated this is reduced

yeah, that's a giant seam running down the middle of the bottom of the fusealge.. shhh.. it's going to sit in a cabinet, no one will know.

SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 11:01 AM UTC
Looks great, Mike. The camouflage is spot on.

Looking forward to see more
goodn8
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 709 posts
AeroScale: 651 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 11:11 PM UTC
Mike, beautiful camo and you quite won the decals-fight

Jesper, fast progress and a masterstroke on avoiding the tail sitting

Thomas
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 01:38 AM UTC
Thomas, thanks for the kind words, it's been a slog with the kit, largely my own fault. But I am happy with the cammo.
Gloss over the decals and a first wash. The first wash was too faint, but this is better to my eye.
No fading yet. It can't have had a very long operational life, so it will not get the full grunge effect.

cleaning up the nose seam and multiple glosscoats, I lost the hinge detail in the upper nose. Something to watch for next time, I guess.

Using the Ammo Luftwaffe washes, dried w a hairdryer and wiped away with a q-tip/earbud.
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 10:25 PM UTC
annnddd DONE.
I'm pretty sure I missed a frame on the top front of the canopy, but shhhh. I'm not telling.

Safely into the cabinet so I don't break off any more tiny bits.

Fiddly antenna a out front are FIDDLY. Come to find out my Tamiya tweezers have become magnetized... and wire is steel.. makes lining things up tricky.

SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 11:33 PM UTC
Great build, MLD. Really Nice camo and details.

Well done
Antilles
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 671 posts
AeroScale: 614 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 02:40 AM UTC
Mike: This swallow comes out really very nice. The subtle camo is awesome.

Oliver
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 07:57 PM UTC
Lovely build Mike, looks great in the display cabinet!

A little more assembly from me tonight. My PE folding seems to have been a success as the wheel well assembly fits perfectly !

The airbrush needs to come out of hibernation shortly, I am running out of sub-assemblies to build !

Cheers, D
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
AeroScale: 1,814 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 08:53 PM UTC
Great work everyone!
My entry is primed:

As this is 1/144 scale I may brush paint some of camo.
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 01:33 AM UTC
Damian, are you gluing or soldering your etch? Looks great! How many pieces in that assembly?
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 12:42 PM UTC
Looks great, Damian. The PE is awesome! I need to invest in a proper PE tool.
eMan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 1,182 posts
AeroScale: 351 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 01:03 PM UTC
Just start to build my entry, Tamiya 1/48 Me262 A-2a
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 06:04 PM UTC
Hi All,

again I am very late for a campaign. With my Mustang (actually an A-36A) done and some other projects about to close it is time to pick up this one. I just ordered the Eduard Zoom set for the Hobbyboss kit. I have the Eduard wheels and EagleCals for Rudi Sinners striped machine.

I will start as soon as I get the PE set...

all the best

Steffen
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 07:12 PM UTC
Cool choices, Steffen and Lap man.

Looking forward to follow your builds
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 01:33 AM UTC
Holes and seem lines have been filled, sanded, base coated, and sanded again.

Next is the first layer of paint and then a fictive camouflage. I have changed my mind again, so I am now going for an air superiority scheme and not the Africa Korps 1947 scheme earlier planned.

More to follow soon

AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 03:10 PM UTC
Hi folks. Great to see the usual last minute feverish activity going on in so many camps!

Richard, your tiny little Swallow is looking great, can't wait to see some camo over that primer.

Mike, Jesper, thanks! The assembly has 3 styrene parts and 4 PE parts and I use medium CA adhesive applied with a toothpick to get it all together. The "Bug" from Hold and Fold is a really neat little bending tool, I read a few good reviews before I made the purchase.

eMan, Steffen, a big welcome to both of you this late in the Campaign. Thanks so much for joining in. I'm looking forward to watching your builds progress.

As I stated a few days back, I am happy to run this campaign a few weeks over the due date so please don't rush your builds to get done by the listed finish date.

I have updated the Roll Call/Build Status post back on page 1, please take a look to get an overview of where we are all at.

Cheers, D
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 04:00 PM UTC
Awesome campaign management, Damian.

A little more progress on the camouflage. First color is on and masking applied for second color. I think it might be some time before I make a small splinter camouflage again

More to follow soon

AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 04:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Awesome campaign management, Damian.

Thanks Jesper. I really enjoy running these Campaigns, it is very satisfying and rewarding to follow each build. I only wish I had more time to commit to my own builds lately 😞

Quoted Text

A little more progress on the camouflage. First color is on and masking applied for second color. I think it might be some time before I make a small splinter camouflage again

Looks great so far, very interesting technique. I'm looking forward to the next layer going on!

Cheers, D
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 07:53 PM UTC
Hi again,

I just opened my BLOG for this Campaign: Me 262A-1a HB 1/48

not much to see yet, but I just wanted to start to get a few things done. Engine nacelles will be next.

Quoted Text

eMan, Steffen, a big welcome to both of you this late in the Campaign. Thanks so much for joining in. I'm looking forward to watching your builds progress.

As I stated a few days back, I am happy to run this campaign a few weeks over the due date so please don't rush your builds to get done by the listed finish date.

I have updated the Roll Call/Build Status post back on page 1, please take a look to get an overview of where we are all at.

Cheers, D

Thanks Damian, hope I won't need it as I have a good flow lately (sadly this can change in a minute).

all the best

Steffen
bomber14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 330 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 11:15 PM UTC
great looking builds so far. this is my first campaign and i enjoyed it so much i signed up for another (fighter bomber). my 262 is done i just have to get around to photographing it and hopefully i can post them without any difficulty. it won't be untill next week sometime though since i will be away up till monday.

joe
woltersk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 1,026 posts
AeroScale: 215 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 06:10 AM UTC
After a bit of a break from this build, I've managed to get a little work done to it. Taking Thomas' advice, the fuselage interior is now bare-metal. I split the difference, leaving the forward section, which would be open to the elements in the wheel well, painted green-gray, and the empennage bare-metal. Added an oil wash to the rear portion for shading and depth.

Now that I'm this far behind, I doubt I get this one done in time, but I'll keep plugging away anyway.

Keith

AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 08:26 PM UTC
Joe, well done on getting your first Campaign build completed! Looking forward to seeing pics in the GALLERY when you get a chance.

Keith, nice work on the interior paint so far. Don't worry too much, I've never been known as a stickler for strict finish dates. I'd much rather see a build finished and on display than half-baked in a box and buried in the stash. Just get it done in your own good time and keep posting here as you go (I will be here keeping you company with my own build!)

Cheers, D
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2015 - 12:54 PM UTC
After cutting 25.718 small masking tape triangles and using 2.841 meters of masking tape the camouflage is on. Maybe the numbers are slightly inflated, but at least it feels that way

I am very satisfied with the result. I like splinter camouflage and went all in on this one.

Next are the details and fitting the cockpit. More to follow soon