Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Sea Plane Campaign
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 1,384 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 02:19 AM UTC
The Mk V used wasps as just two of them could bring the Sundy home. Plus they had better service life
as they didn't need to be run at "WAR" speed like the pegasus. G-AGES was a wreck before any wasps
trialled. Got the pegasus ordered. My next fear is the spinners are all wrong. I hate AMS.
JimMrr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
AeroScale: 595 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 12:16 PM UTC
We are closing on the start date here people..this is so exciting I can barely contain myself! 11 days!
Ive got 3 or 4 lined up for this one ..it all boils down to buildtime..Im starting with the Stranny and going from there..something Ive seen others do is to include a photo of the kit on the sprues along with a current newspaper..good idea..Ill be doing that for my kick-off
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
AeroScale: 289 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 01:35 PM UTC
I'm stickin to my floats...I mean guns, on the Ju 52 floatplane. Maybe another if time permits...
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
AeroScale: 197 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 08:03 PM UTC
Hello All,
It seems that everyone is ready to go with this campaign. . I made Jim McIntosh the Air XO for a couple of reasons.
1) He needs to have know how a campaign works as the Assistant BOSS.
2) He is a great guy and a great model builder
3) I hope He will do a campaign of his own next year, I know that Any Campaign He runs will blow your mind.
And I need someone to keep an eye on all of my campaigns. Why you ask, On November 9th I go in to Hospital for Heart Surgery. I will be off-line for 10+/- days. The Docs need to take a old bullet and some frags out and do so other work there. No big deal, I hope.
So while I am gone, Jim will be the Air Boss for the Seaplane campaign.
I have noticed that I have not done or begged someone to make me a Ribbon and Banner, So any suggestions for both of them? I have no idea what to do.
If you do, Let me or Jim know.
Cheers,
Bruce
BobCard
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 02:02 AM UTC
Hello Bruce,
I have my PBY sitting on the bench ready to go.
Andrzej Snigorski - endrju007 makes some great Banners, he is real busy but drop him a message and ask, can't hurt.
Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 02:42 AM UTC
dont know about ribbon but how bout this banner?
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 02:53 AM UTC
hope everything turns out alright with your heart but then modeling's not the best stress reliever
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 05:12 AM UTC
Good luck Bruce. Just give the surgeon some fresh #11s and sanding sticks you don't want any seam lines.

JimMrr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 08:14 AM UTC
Were all with you Bruce ...dont forget that!
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
AeroScale: 197 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 10:31 AM UTC
Hello All,
@ Justin,
I like your banner, Any problems with any of you calling it the official banner of this campaign?
@ John-Paul,
I cannot take my shirt off in public, I look like Frankenstein's monster. I do save a lot of money for Halloween costumes.
@ Jim,
expect a PM tonight, I hope.
Now that the banner is done, We still need a ribbon. Any Ideas? I am drawing a blank, Like usual. Also, Do we start a new thread for when the campaign starts? On the other sites we do so I do not know about Aeroscale.
Cheers,
Bruce
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 12:54 PM UTC
Bruce, we'll keep you in our prayers and will look forward to your return.

Justin, the banner looks great. We've still got plenty of time to design a ribbon but just as a long shot I was thinking something like two crossed oars with a propellar in the middle? My 2cents.

Jim, did you say something about taking full sprue shots before we started the build? I was planning on doing a build article on my kit anyways so that's no biggie.

Hermon
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 02:58 PM UTC
hows this its a shoot in the dark but its a start
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 03:01 PM UTC
i would like to start a new thread and i have no problem with sprue shots let me know
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 10:59 PM UTC
Justin make sure it scales OK to 50x20

what about this, inspired by the seaplane pilots assoc
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 12:06 AM UTC
i like that one it gets the point across nice going jp
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 12:09 AM UTC
A big thumbs up from me JP, now, about the cricket . . . . . .
JimMrr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 12:57 AM UTC
I just thought it would be a cool kick-off pick yeah to have a sprueshot with a newspaper. As I said, Ive seen the guys on Model Shipwrights do that and I thought it was excellent etiquette.
But this is a democracy,and Bruce is the President here,so I defer to all of you guys..JP that is a cool ribbon.Mr McKraken, I think your banner is very good.
Rowan has suggested a medal...which is also a cool idea. We also should very definitely have a seperate thread for the actual campaign..
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 12:44 PM UTC
thanks jim and about this medal please tell me more what would it be awarded for? its getting alot closer and the box is calling my name its hard to resist
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 01:52 PM UTC
Nice one Jaypee. Sort of sums up the whole campaign nicely.

As a side note, I think to be fair to the rest of us who are eagerly waiting on Nov,1 to arrive we should make Damian wait an additional 12 hours to start his build since he'll have the jump on us.

Hermon
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
AeroScale: 289 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 02:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice one Jaypee. Sort of sums up the whole campaign nicely.

As a side note, I think to be fair to the rest of us who are eagerly waiting on Nov,1 to arrive we should make Damian wait an additional 12 hours to start his build since he'll have the jump on us.

Hermon

Agreed, nice job Jaypee.
Hermon, remember, what works for him also works against him - he'll time out 12 hours before us!
Here's a though folks...given Bruces predicament, shall we wait for him to recover before starting? Thoughts?.....
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 03:04 PM UTC
Bob beat me to it, Hermon. In reality I can get started at midnight here and get a 12-hour jump on you guys, but by midnight it is entirely likely I have had a bourbon or two and the quality of any work done suffers accordingly. And as Bob said, my alarm to clock off goes 12 hours before you guys, so I can sit back, relax, have those bourbons and watch the frantic finishing touches being applied secure in the knowledge that my kit is already on the shelf.

Another thing to consider is that there is at least one campaigner here from the East Island of Australia (New Zealand), who will get the jump on me by 3 hours or so !! Lets all pick on HIM (sorry Thomo)

I am in agreement that we should consider postponing the start until our esteemed leader is at full strength and ready to join us.

Cheers guys, D

Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 04:18 PM UTC
i agrre after all it is a group build after all i just started a build log with my f4u-1d so ive got plastic in my hands im happy for the moment
JimMrr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 12:46 AM UTC
Im prepared to wait for Bruce if everyone else is..Im a bit leery about making decisions here so far as I consider Bruce to be where the buck stops..
My knowledge from other campaigns tells me the medal would be awarded for completion, AND POSTING OF PICS, in the campaign FINISHED section of said project on or before the due date.
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 03:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello All,
@ Justin,
I like your banner, Any problems with any of you calling it the official banner of this campaign?
@ John-Paul,
I cannot take my shirt off in public, I look like Frankenstein's monster. I do save a lot of money for Halloween costumes.
@ Jim,
expect a PM tonight, I hope.
Now that the banner is done, We still need a ribbon. Any Ideas? I am drawing a blank, Like usual. Also, Do we start a new thread for when the campaign starts? On the other sites we do so I do not know about Aeroscale.
Cheers,
Bruce

you need to ask CRS to start a campaign thread. It'll get pinned for the duration of the GB. I think we should start on the given day. 1st Nov.
I dare say Bruce will be able to see the builds as he convalesces secure in the knowledge he has sparked off all this plastic fun for us.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 09:48 AM UTC
Hi there

Just to throw in my two-penneth, I think JP's ribbon looks great! Clear and really distinctive.

Definitely time for a new thread once the campaign begins. I'm still planning on my Signifer Widgeon. I think I managed to keep all the bits for it together when I moved back to the Isle of Wight, but I really ought to do a Walrus - they used to build them here at the Saunders-Roe factory where I worked to earn the money to go to college.

All the best

Rowan