General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
What the postman brought today ....
TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
KitMaker: 470 posts
AeroScale: 279 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 06:45 AM UTC
Nick, please keep your patience with smilies.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 06:56 AM UTC
Hi Paul

Nice haul (very nice)!! Hopw is the book on the french Corsairs? .. still have one of those in the stack.

Also Is anyone aware of a book(let) on the French Bearcats? (J-L?) .. just came to mind when I saw that book...

all the best

Steffen
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 07:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Paul

Nice haul (very nice)!! Hopw is the book on the french Corsairs? .. still have one of those in the stack.

Also Is anyone aware of a book(let) on the French Bearcats? (J-L?) .. just came to mind when I saw that book...

all the best

Steffen

hi steffen,
the corsair book is excellent,(i'll be using it for a group build next year)very very good details and excellent profiles,its so good i ordered the hawker hurricane book from the same series.

paulo
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 08:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nick, please keep your patience with smilies.

wombat58
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 366 posts
AeroScale: 309 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 09:57 AM UTC
This arrived today, another one to add to my 1/32 scale collection of WW1 aircraft

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 06:09 AM UTC
Hi Des

Very tasty! I'm rather tempted by Roden's new kit too...

Posty's been very busy on the Island today! First off - a HUGE thank you to Dave (Grumpy), who sent wonderful presents from America!:

Packing up The Stash when I left London, I came across Accurate Miniatures' P-51A and grabbed it... only to find that I'd used the box to store some bits and pieces years ago, and the kit itself was long gone! I joked about it to Dave, and Lo and Behold! Look at this - a still-bagged kit, along with ICM's P-51B as a bonus! Dave - you're amazing!

And then Posty produced a second package... a great bundle from Jay Laverty, with new MasterCaster parts and the December issue of SAM:

And yes - that is what it looks like! Jay has done a full build of Airfix's new 1:24 Mossie. With that, plus some other great builds including Trumpeter's Stringbag, this looks a real cracker of an issue.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 08:44 PM UTC
Nice haul ...

Re my recent question on Buckeyes .. some questions seem to answer themselves:

Two Bobs Newsletter (with interesting px of the mold!)

cheers

Steffen
iflytb20
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kerala, India / भारत
KitMaker: 292 posts
AeroScale: 194 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 04:37 AM UTC
I had placed an order quite some time back...finally they are here

Some Books from GreatModels.com

And some tools from ModelHobbies UK

TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 05:33 AM UTC
Very nice haul Raj! I like your area of interest!
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice haul ...

Re my recent question on Buckeyes .. some questions seem to answer themselves:

Two Bobs Newsletter (with interesting px of the mold!)

cheers

Steffen

Both revell's 1/72 & Two bobs 1/48 Have got Greek markings inside!!

Here is what I bought today

1. Colors for the Bristol F.2B

And 1/72 Heller Nord 2501 "Noratlas" (It has Greek interest cause 15 of them carried Greek commandos (the one crashed and everybody killed ) In a Turkish airfield in 1974 in Cyprus in the Turkish Operation Attila.

And a request: Where can I find detail sets for this kit??Please help.

Cheers Nick
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 - 09:14 AM UTC
Hi again

Well, I said I mustn't buy any more kits this month, and I've been true to word... and bought an ultrasonic cleaner from http://www.airbrushes.com instead!

It's something I've wanted for a while and I hope it will prove to be a good investment in maintaining my airbrushes, along with potentially other modelling uses.

All the best

Rowan
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 06:21 AM UTC

Hasegawa's Heinkel: 14€. Now can you argue with that price? Well, I couldn't...
Today I paid a visit to the LHS and bought Eduard's mask set for as well as the Zoom PE set, supplying the essential (IMHO) proper instrument panels, seat harness, rudder pedals, etc.

I think I'll going to wrap this one up as well. I wonder what Santa will bring me this Christmas...
TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 07:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Today I paid a visit to the LHS and bought Eduard's mask set for as well as the Zoom PE set, supplying the essential (IMHO) proper instrument panels, seat harness, rudder pedals, etc.

I think I'll going to wrap this one up as well. I wonder what Santa will bring me this Christmas...

I've been looking that too in the local toystore.. How does the parts look like? How about the decals? Typical hasegawa? Torpedos included?
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 09:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

[pic]

I've been looking that too in the local toystore.. How does the parts look like? How about the decals? Typical hasegawa? Torpedos included?

As usual, I couldn't resist opening up the packaging and taking a closer look.

Looks like the typicals modern Hasegawa kit. Nice & clean mouldings, modular construction suggesting numerous variants produced with same moulds, quite sharp details, not much in the way of extra parts included: only a pair of externally mounted 1000kg bombs are included, as well as the option of posing the bomb bay hatches open, showing the rears of 100kg (?), sides of the bomb bay structure also included to show through the fuselage windows. (plus a couple of clear parts, one set of flame-damping exhaust pipes and a few machine guns marked as "not used")

Panel lines are fine, but perhaps not as petite as on Hasegawa's Junkers Ju-88, for example. Nothing to worry about IMHO, though, and should look good under a coat of paint. The instrument panel is blank, with instruments provided as a decal. No seatbelts are provided.

The decal sheet is typical Revell ("printed in Italy for Revell" -> Cartograph?), matte finish, sharp printing. If my previous experience with Revell decals holds true, they should work just fine. Being a German manufacturer, it's no surprise swastikas are not included. While it's surely no problem to find aftermarket replacements, finding the references to pinpoint the right style might be?
Four marking options are offered:
- 5./ KG 26 "Löwen-Geschwader" ("Lion-Wing") - RLM71/70/65
Grosseto, Italy, December 1942
- 5./KG 4 "General Wever" - RLM 71/70/white/65
Russia, Winter 1942/43
-9./ KG 4 "General Wever" on pathfinder and marker missions for IV. Fliegerkorps - RLM71/70/anthracite grey (~ night black)
Hungaria, Summer 1944
- Personal aircraft of Oberstleutnant Kuhlmey, commander of "Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey", part of schlachtgeschwader 2 - RLM71/70/65, whitewash on upper surfaces
20th June 1944, Finland

I'm thinking about doing the Kuhlmey option. Not only it's got a Finland connection, but it also leaves the 1000kg bombs to be hung under a Finnish Ju-88...

Oh, one more thing I noticed from the instructions: they don't seem to indicate which marking option should have which bomb armament. At least I highly doubt that Kuhley's transport would have hauled much bombs...

Here's an in-box review on hyperscale: http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/axis/luft/h111preview.htm
Edit: that's the Hasegawa boxing reviewed, with different decals.
SmithWidht
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 08:24 PM UTC
I want that TA-152!!!

Bed Bugs Pictures Baby
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 08:39 PM UTC

What is that??

Cheers Nick
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 08:47 PM UTC
@Raj

I saw in the second photo that you bought humbrol maskol!!

Wooo that stinks A LOT!!
I 've got Mr. hobby masking sol neo and I prefer it because it doesn't smells at all . I also had the humbrol but I never used it because it stinks plus that it dried like gum

Cheers Nick
TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 10:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As usual, I couldn't resist opening up the packaging and taking a closer look.

Looks like the typicals modern Hasegawa kit. Nice & clean mouldings, modular construction suggesting numerous variants produced with same moulds, quite sharp details, not much in the way of extra parts included: only a pair of externally mounted 1000kg bombs are included, as well as the option of posing the bomb bay hatches open, showing the rears of 100kg (?), sides of the bomb bay structure also included to show through the fuselage windows. (plus a couple of clear parts, one set of flame-damping exhaust pipes and a few machine guns marked as "not used")

Panel lines are fine, but perhaps not as petite as on Hasegawa's Junkers Ju-88, for example. Nothing to worry about IMHO, though, and should look good under a coat of paint. The instrument panel is blank, with instruments provided as a decal. No seatbelts are provided.

The decal sheet is typical Revell ("printed in Italy for Revell" -> Cartograph?), matte finish, sharp printing. If my previous experience with Revell decals holds true, they should work just fine. Being a German manufacturer, it's no surprise swastikas are not included. While it's surely no problem to find aftermarket replacements, finding the references to pinpoint the right style might be?
Four marking options are offered:
- 5./ KG 26 "Löwen-Geschwader" ("Lion-Wing") - RLM71/70/65
Grosseto, Italy, December 1942
- 5./KG 4 "General Wever" - RLM 71/70/white/65
Russia, Winter 1942/43
-9./ KG 4 "General Wever" on pathfinder and marker missions for IV. Fliegerkorps - RLM71/70/anthracite grey (~ night black)
Hungaria, Summer 1944
- Personal aircraft of Oberstleutnant Kuhlmey, commander of "Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey", part of schlachtgeschwader 2 - RLM71/70/65, whitewash on upper surfaces
20th June 1944, Finland

I'm thinking about doing the Kuhlmey option. Not only it's got a Finland connection, but it also leaves the 1000kg bombs to be hung under a Finnish Ju-88...

Oh, one more thing I noticed from the instructions: they don't seem to indicate which marking option should have which bomb armament. At least I highly doubt that Kuhley's transport would have hauled much bombs...

Here's an in-box review on hyperscale: http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/axis/luft/h111preview.htm

Thanks Eetu!
ShawnM
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 11:08 AM UTC
old Revell 1/32 Stuka kit from flea-bay! Always wanted a stuka, now I have one.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 11:06 PM UTC
nice haul everyone!

My ISP thought it was a good idea to cut me off the web (and telephone and TV) for the weekend .. still boiling .. expect big explosion soon

@Nick

Quoted Text

I 've got Mr. hobby masking sol neo and I prefer it because it doesn't smells at all . I also had the humbrol but I never used it because it stinks plus that it dried like gum

Cheers Nick

I must say that I prefer Maskol over all masking fluids I found so far. It dries fast (my bottle does not stink that much .. but thats relative) and it is like rubber and not like wax as the Gunze stuff also it adheres good to the surface but I had nothing lift so far and it is easier to remove ... but suum cuique

all the best

Steffen
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 11:48 PM UTC
It was a pre-Christmass November Wallet Clearance for me:
(all pictures from the internet)

Last friday came the parcel from Luckymodel with

and (for the Aces High 2 Campaign)

Today came this:

Title: "Zumbach's Donalds" - a refference for the Aces High 2 Campaign

And I'm still waiting for this, hope to get it any moment...

iflytb20
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kerala, India / भारत
KitMaker: 292 posts
AeroScale: 194 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 - 02:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@Raj

I saw in the second photo that you bought humbrol maskol!!

Wooo that stinks A LOT!!

Cheers Nick

I had a head cold, so did'nt notice any smells while using it. Now that youve scared me right and proper, i wish i ALWAYS have a cold while using it
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 - 11:55 PM UTC
Arrived today, from the mother country

Many thanks to Merlin and the publishers for my little competition win !!

Cheers, D
TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 12:40 AM UTC
Early xmas gifts: Kageros new He 219 book, Ospreys 109 aces and Finnish aviation museums next years calendar "Wings of the memories 2010". Also one finnish written book, bought on second hand from local ebay equivalent.
Removed by original poster on 11/24/09 - 12:41:41 (GMT).