_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
OFFICIAL: FW190 'Wurger' Campaign
camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
AeroScale: 622 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 05:13 AM UTC
Welcome to the FW190 'Wurger' campaign!

Please post your progress and campaign fellowship here

If you haven't already joined, you can Enlist Here

Please post the photos of you completed build in the Official Campaign Gallery
c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
AeroScale: 1,517 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 08:55 AM UTC
Thanks Sam! On the ball as always, I'm still waiting on a few of my bits to turn up. Mal (from Mals Masks) is creating masks for me to paint the national insignia and markings and I've got some stencils turning up from Hobby decal. I do have a set of 1/24th scale brass barrels for the 7.92mm machine guns and Aeroscale decals for the instrument panel and a set of Luftwaffe cockpit placards. I'll post pics of the whole lot when the rest arrive. And I'm still debating as what else to add, I'm definitely getting a set of brass barrels for the cannon, and I might just add some resin to the cockpit area. LOL then again I might just scratch build...... who knows?

Good luck Guys and Gals may the Gods of modelling smile on us all!
mpatman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 248 posts
AeroScale: 160 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 09:06 AM UTC
Hi all,

Firstly happy New Year!

It's about 8am here in Oz and i'm getting stuck into the first of my 4 intended builds....

Hope to see yours on here real soon!!!!
mykroft
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 270 posts
AeroScale: 264 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:17 AM UTC
Looks like it's almost time to dig out that Dora and get started.
SgtRam
Staff MemberEditor-at-Large
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
AeroScale: 511 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:29 AM UTC
Guess I will have to hit the hobby store soon, I have meant to pick my A-5, 6, or 7, but just have not got there. Will be along soon.
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:05 PM UTC
Here's the parts that will make up my entry, Platz JV44 Fw-190D-9 x 2, Eduard JV44 Me-262, Airfix flying display base and 2 x WGS 20mm flak guns.

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 01:12 PM UTC
Well, I have my Tamiya A-3 from which to make a Turkish A-3a3. Do any of our Turk experten know whether the wing root gun access doors were omitted from Turkish Wurgers when the root guns were deleted?
camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 07:59 PM UTC
Happy new guys well my box made it onto the model bench for pics might get started after sorting out the horse and if I can mange sitting for long enough

BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 01:21 AM UTC
Also from me Happy New Year to you all! May all your projects be successfull this year.
Here are my entries for this campaign: First a "Langnasen-Dora", the D-9 from Tamiya in 1/48. I will build the "Blue 15" of JG 301 as shown on the box. The only extra will be the Eduard mask.

The other campaign build will be the only real butcher bird, the F-8, also from Tamiya in 1/48. Here I will build the "Red 2" from SG 2 in winter camo as shown in the 2nd pic. Both kits will be build oob and I will start today or tomorrow ....

Happy modelling!
Torsten
Automaton
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 08:25 AM UTC
Firstly, Happy New Year to all!

I'm going to attempt this kit for the group build:

The 190 sprues:

And the car and figure:

I haven't tried a figure in a very long time, but we'll see how it goes.

Regards;

Automaton
Automaton
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 03:31 PM UTC
OK, I'm underway, cutting out some interior and landing gear parts and filling some minor ejector pin marks:

Here's the interior tub, pretty nice:

But besides some molded on stuff on the rear wall being replaced by parts from the Eduard set, I also removed the molded on control actuators, control column base, and throttle friction adjuster to be replaced with more convincing scratched items. I also hollowed out underneath the tunnel that goes over the front control actuator:

I'm planning on getting the new year started off right by doing a low-key build here as opposed to getting bogged down in my usual AMS/OCD fest. I'm gonna tell the wife to slap me if I start that stuff.

Regards;

Automaton
camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 11:57 PM UTC
While airbrushing another model I loaded up the airbrush with the interior colours and gave the sprues a blast can't see me getting much more done on it today and might have to wait till next weekend depending on how I feel after I finish work during the week

eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 624 posts
AeroScale: 609 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 12:33 AM UTC
I will post my progress as soon as I get access to the image server, which is "busy" again... will have to wait some time before I post some images. This is going to be an interesting build... I can see that some of you could hardly wait to start something I wish you all the best!

PS. besides the progress photos here, am I allowed to create a separate build log on Aeroscale WWII forum? This might be an interesting build, I guess...
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 05:28 AM UTC
Hi everybody,

First of all, I wish you all the best in 2012! This is my first campaign on Aeroscale, so my expectation from the upcoming six months is rather simple – finished model. I haven’t proved trustworthy before, but seemed like a good idea to start a new year with at least some ambition.

Just one photo this time and a regular list of “cookies”. What I intend to make is a super detailed Fw-190 A-8/R-11. It should be a small overhauling diorama, so you may expect lot of details. The platform for this build is the well known – to some people rather obsolete, but for me quite workable! – Revell’s Fw-190 A-8/R-11 in 1/72.

This is the list of the aftermarket sets I intend to use:
- Aires BMW 801, which is a kit in itself;
- Aires MG 131 13mm guns;
- Master brass Fw-190 A7, A8 armament set & pitot tube;
- Airwaves Fw-190 Flying Surfaces (broken, but easily repaired);
- Goffy Model Resin flaps set (with some considerable resin flash);
- Squadron replacement vac-u-form canopy;
- Bits and pieces from various and previously used PE sets.

Besides, I have some rather detailed reference materials, and a lot of patience and modelling verve. The interior, which will be mostly visible for a viewer, will be scratched, including the cockpit, and almost everything else.

So, that was my intention in brief, and I will keep you informed about the advance by posting here and/or in separate build log. I wish you all pleasant and enjoyable time here! Let the plastic muses dance!

PS. If anybody has spare OWL Fw-190 A-8/R-11 set (1:72) with resin bits and decals, and is willing to trade it, please contact me with PM.
SUNDON
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 158 posts
AeroScale: 155 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 07:37 AM UTC
After having an agreement with the better half that I would not build anything over the Christmas period (my building area being the dinning table) I managed to open the lid on my entry for this campaign today.

Going to try to build with no extras (maybe some eduard seatbelts) .

Martin
mpatman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 248 posts
AeroScale: 160 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 07:48 AM UTC
Wow guys (and girls), were off to a good start, some nice looking builds there, cant wait to see them finished.

I have cleaned up the cockpit parts on all four of my builds, pics to come when i can get my camera back from a friends house...
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 09:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

besides the progress photos here, am I allowed to create a separate build log on Aeroscale WWII forum? This might be an interesting build, I guess...

By All means as not everyone that visits the WWII forum looks in the campaign area. Some members normally post their blogs in other areas and then just uploads a single progress picture and a link to their blog in the campaign thread.
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 09:57 AM UTC
Allen,

Thank you for clarification... I thought so, but I just wanted to be sure. It is more reasonable to post few progress pics in the campaign log, while having detailed perspective elsewhere. All the best!!!
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 10:08 AM UTC
Torsten

I build that Tamiya Dora, very nice kit, can't wait to see yours.

I guess I better get going, have not even been to LHS to pick mine up yet.....LOL

Grenadier37
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 232 posts
AeroScale: 155 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 09:20 AM UTC
So many 190 kits stacked in the hobby closet, so little time...

I'll either do the Tamiya F-8 or the Hasegawa A-4. I'm working on an A-3 (1/48) and and A-8 (1/72) at the moment.

mykroft
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 10:40 AM UTC
I'll be doing a Soviet captured Dora from EagleStrike decals and the old Hasegawa 190D kit in 1/72

Hasegawa FW190D 1/72 by mawz_models, on Flickr
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 01:11 PM UTC
So after a nice visit to my LHS, did not find the FW190 I was looking for, but did get some paint, glue, Alcad, etc. So not a wasted trip. So back up plan, SprueBrothers, just ordered
https://www.nexternal.com/sbm/storefront/148-eduard-focke-wulf-fw190a-6-8171-p12040.aspx

AND...figured why I was ordering that, I might as well add this to the box

https://www.nexternal.com/sbm/storefront/small-shop-4-mk-iv-rth-rotating-tool-head-hold-and-fold-workstation-p21117.aspx

One nice box, that is just "suppose" to contain the FW190 I was looking for.....
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 07:20 AM UTC
Hi all,

You may follow my detailed build log here

Here I will post only the end results of various sub-assemblies. So here is the photo of the finished main fuel tank compartment bellow the cockpit.

All the best!
mykroft
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 11:34 AM UTC
A quick coat of RLM66 into the pit and then it was time to start sticking stuff together. The pit's pretty basic on the old Hase kit, just a seat and a bare panel.

Hasegawa FW190D 1/72 by mawz_models, on Flickr
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 02:54 AM UTC
Ok, so the fuselage halves are cut, and it is time for Dimensional Check, which marks the end of the first part of this build...

All the best!
 _GOTOTOP