Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
WNW GB for 2009 - 10!!!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 - 03:22 PM UTC
Here is the final tally on completed builds.

1. Stephen T. Lawson CALLSIGN: JackFlash, with
a. Junkers J.I here. COMPLETED
2. Terri Werner CALLSIGN: thegirl, with
a. SE 5a here. COMPLETED
3. Keith Graveson CALLSIGN: Kornbeef , with
a. Alb. D,Va here. COMPLETED
4. Carl Althaus CALLSIGN: CaptainA , with
a. LVG C.VI here. COMPLETED
b. Albatros D.V here. COMPLETED
5. Mark Hamrick CALLSIGN: guitarlute101, with
6. Mike Satin CALLSIGN: MikeSatin with
a SE 5a here. COMPLETED
7. Andy Appleby CALLSIGN: Torchy, with
8. Nico Teunisson CALLSIGN: Nico, with
a. SE 5a here. COMPLETED
9. Mark Krumrey CALLSIGN: Mgunns, with
a. SE 5a here.]COMPLETED
b. LVG C.VI here. COMPLETED
10. Dave Maddox CALLSIGN: FigureMad, with
a. RNAS Pup here.COMPLETED
11.Hans Goransson CALLSIGN: Pulpinator, with
a. Junkers J.I here. COMPLETED
12.Des Delatorre CALLSIGN: wombat58 with
a. Bristol F.2b here. COMPLETED
b. Junkers J.I here. COMPLETED
c. SE 5a here.COMPLETED
d. Sopwith Pup here.COMPLETED
13. David Johnson CALLSIGN: Moeggo with
a. RNAS Pup here. COMPLETED
14. Rob Willis CALLSIGN: robw with
a. SE 5a COMPLETED
b. Sop. Pup here on the same thread. COMPLETED
15. Mikael Terfors CALLSIGN: OEFFAG_153 with
a. Albatros D.Va here. COMPLETED
16. Brad Cancian CALLSIGN: BradCancian with
a. Albatros D.Va here. COMPLETED
17. Jan Klarbæk CALLSIGN Mr.Mox with
a. Albatros D.V here. COMPLETED
18.Warren Inman CALLSIGN: Warreni with
b. SE 5a (no build thread) COMPLETED

Campaign Debriefing
Greetings all;
As we come to the end of this great campaign, I want to add that it has been a great learning experience for me personally. In the end out of 32 we have 18 entrants finished a total of 25 kits. The most prolific was our man Des Delatorre with 4 completed builds. Now don't think those half built models are going to just sit there. There is a bit of fun yet to come. I saw resin, plastic and brass media all coming together in grand fashions. I look forward to flying with all of you gentle folk again in the very near future. That sudden glint of light on your port wing is the sunset on this campaign. A snappy salute to you all, til we meet again in another Aeroscale Campaign.

This is Jack Flash outbound at angels seven.
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 02:07 AM UTC
Greetings Stephen,

Just wanted to say thank you for a well run campaign – 25 finished models speaks volumes of the high standards of this very fine group build, and the kits of WNW.

Till next time

Mikael
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 01:31 PM UTC
Thanks Stephen for a great Campaign . I had a blast watching the builds unfold here by some very talented modellers .

Until the next one ..............

Pfalzgirl out !
wombat58
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 366 posts
AeroScale: 309 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 04:25 PM UTC
Congratulations Stephen for a very well run group build and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to participate. The quality of these builds are outstanding which displays the talent, commitment and dedication by these modellers.

Des.

http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 01:50 AM UTC
HI Stephen:

Yes, I will ditto the above comments in that this was a fun and learning experience for me. I also got to know, through the internet, some very great people and modelers who urged me on after my self inflicted disaster and gleaned some great modeling tips and ideas, thank you all. I look forward to the next campaign and flying your wing in this great formation called Aeroscale.

Best
Semper Fi
Mark Krumrey
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
AeroScale: 1,198 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 06:17 AM UTC
Sorry, gang, I just couldn't face the rigging at the end for my SE5a. I'm about halfway, but the RAF wires are a (expletive deleted). I will finish it at some point, though, and have two more WNW kits in my stash, and eagerly await their Fokker D.VII.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 09:05 PM UTC
Ladies and Gentlemen! Drum roll please. . .

"Hi Stephen,

Everyone in the Wingnut Wings studio was very impressed with the quality and quantity of entries in your successful Wingnut Wings group build.

With so many great entries is wasn't an easy choice, but after lengthy selection by popular vote from Wingnut Wings staff these are the results;

1st OEFFAG 153 - Albatros D.Va
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 09:09 PM UTC
2nd wombat58 - Bristol Fighter
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 09:11 PM UTC
3rd BradCancian - Albatros D.Va
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 11:35 PM UTC
Congrats to the lucky winners, and to everyone who took part, shared and helped one another in the campaign.

I for one never thought of it as a competition when I entered but the winners deserve every accolade for work well done. WNW gave us all something excellent to work with and I thank them too for making it possible.

Keith
MrMox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 11:43 PM UTC
Congrats to all, good choiches - must have been hard selecting.

Thanks for a well run campain/groupbuild - an active leader makes a active campain.

Cheers/Jan
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 - 02:20 AM UTC
Congrats guy's !

Like Mark has said , In the end we are all winners for the sharing and aid in the GB
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 - 03:15 AM UTC

Congratulations everyone!!! Fantasic builds!

Mark
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 - 02:40 PM UTC
Note to everyone. Just to be sure I took the same images from the GB photo gallery and posted them instead. Everyone should see these. if you don't, let me know.
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 - 09:14 PM UTC
Hi everybody, and Thank You.

My jaw dropped to the floor when General Jack Flash sent me the dispatch of my win.

I feel very honoured to be singled out in such a fine lineup of models built by, what I consider to the very best modelers I know!

As Keith noted, I too never considered this a competition, more of a great shared experience.

On a more personal note, it was a piece of good news in an otherwise pretty awful week, that was topped off by recieving "the pink slip" from my employer -but hey, at least I will have some time on my hand to build the kit in question

Once again thank you to WNW and to Stephen for arranging this great groupbuild - and thank you everybody else for sharing your thoughts, research and expereince.

Warm Regards on a cold winters day

Mikael
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 05:41 AM UTC
Mikeal,
Nice upgrade on the Daughter's sock! Congratulations on the recognition you've received for a truly spectacular build.
For my part, as a new member, following the GB was a tremendous learning experience. The three models chosen for the winners circle are a wealth of techniques, new (to me), and motivating to say the least.
Now, back to the work table; hopefully I'll get to the stage of entering the next one!

Cheers,
Lance

Quoted Text

My jaw dropped to the floor when General Jack Flash sent me the dispatch of my win.

I feel very honoured to be singled out in such a fine lineup of models built by, what I consider to the very best modelers I know!

As Keith noted, I too never considered this a competition, more of a great shared experience.

On a more personal note, it was a piece of good news in an otherwise pretty awful week, that was topped off by recieving "the pink slip" from my employer -but hey, at least I will have some time on my hand to build the kit in question

Once again thank you to WNW and to Stephen for arangnig this great groupbuild - and thank you everybody else for sharing your thoghts, research and expereince.

Mikael

lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 06:11 AM UTC
P.S. to previous............. I also meant to say that ALL the entries were outstanding, and I gleaned a lot from following the various builds.

Cheers All,
Lance

Quoted Text

Mikeal,
Nice upgrade on the Daughter's sock! Congratulations on the recognition you've received for a truly spectacular build.
For my part, as a new member, following the GB was a tremendous learning experience. The three models chosen for the winners circle are a wealth of techniques, new (to me), and motivating to say the least.
Now, back to the work table; hopefully I'll get to the stage of entering the next one!

Cheers,
Lance

Quoted Text

Once again thank you to WNW and to Stephen for arangnig this great groupbuild - and thank you everybody else for sharing your thoghts, research and expereince.

Mikael

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 08:15 AM UTC
Mentioned in Dispatches.

The GB is done and the winners of the free kits have been announced. As I mentioned before the remainder of the unfinished or impending issue kits will not go un-noticed. This is my official commitment to head the next Aeroscale WNW GB. Details to be announced. In the mean time. No matter what life throws at you remember to keep your chin up. With friends like Jim Starkweather, Rowan Baylis, Richard Alexander & his crew at WNW our hobby time will steal from cold reality and warm the cold winter months ahead. Never give up never surrender and Model On! Please!